Sony Xperia 5 II

Soldato
Soldato
I really like what Sony have done to bring a full-featured "compact" phone to the market, but the Galaxy S20 was also a full-featured compact phone as well, and that can be picked up for not much more than £500 (every so often) if you keep an eye out. Unfortunately one of the features of the S20 is Exynos and crap battery life, two issues the Sony does not suffer from. The S20 should have been what the Xperia 5 ii is now.

Soldato
I really like what Sony have done to bring a full-featured "compact" phone to the market, but the Galaxy S20 was also a full-featured compact phone as well, and that can be picked up for not much more than £500 (every so often) if you keep an eye out. Unfortunately one of the features of the S20 is Exynos and crap battery life, two issues the Sony does not suffer from. The S20 should have been what the Xperia 5 ii is now.
And no headphone jack...

Associate
OP
If only they priced this £700 or a little lower and released it in the next 2 weeks, it would give OnePlus 8T, S20E and base iPhone 12 some competition.

Associate
Thanks. I am very tempted by this device - it has no obvious weaknesses (I don't need wireless charging) and it's only the tallness I don't like, which is probably not a viable reason to discount a product from my wishlist.

same here really. Sounds ridiculous but it's probably 10/15mm too tall. Prefer the compactness of the S10e/Pixel range

Soldato
same here really. Sounds ridiculous but it's probably 10/15mm too tall. Prefer the compactness of the S10e/Pixel range

I don't care if anyone thinks it's shallow, but if I'm paying for a premium product, I want it to look and feel good. That includes phones as well as everything else I buy.

Back
Top Bottom