** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
i have a wild therory, that all the 3000 series cards have secretly been recalled to address the powercap feasco, it would expalin why there is no stock of any cards avalible especially the 3080's and why the scalpers are still charging insane money for cards they have, dont you think if all aib's and nvidia came out and said we got it wrong those scalpers would drop prices with no refunds straight away.

(yes evga and asus are the ones who have said there was a problem during qvl and thats why the cards have been pushed back)

in my eyes nvidia and partners are trying to limit the fallout from this launch, and have secretly recalled all cards until the problem's are rectified, tbh it'll be too late as amd's next gen stuff it vast approching which could very well upset nvidia's crown.

but the above is just a theroy, its not based on any soild reports or evedence, (well maybe igor's lab's findings a bit!)

Associate
I've seen reports that the TUF boards are doing it as well and they have the 6x MLCC setup. Could be nonsense but folk have definitely reported the TUF cards doing it as well, so it may be a mixture of things. It could be that those reporting issues with the TUF's have PSU issues, as MSI's press statement mentioned PSU's as a potential cause as well.

On the store page on overclockers they show all poscaps on backface picture

Associate
Post in the private customer service forum here with your order number etc and they'll change it for you

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/order-queries.118/

Yep, they got absolutely loads sat waiting for you. That's why the forum and the whole globe is inundated asking where the GPUs are at...

Or you're going to the back of the queue, with the many other tens of thousands of customers waiting for their cards already ordered 4 days ago! ;)

lol yeah I thought it was a stupid question just waiting like everyone fingers crossed I receive mine so I can sell my current GPU. GL all

Associate
Updated story on the issues from Tom's:

"...However, even after EVGA's acknowledgement, and the following statements from third-party GPU makers (AIBs), it's best to be cautious. While it appears that some type of capacitor arrangements could bear some of the blame, recent independent testing has revealed black screen issues on cards with several types of capacitor arrangements.

Nvidia also released a new driver today, citing nebulous 'stability improvements,' though the driver release notes don't explicitly state the improvements address the crashing issues that are being reported. Drivers could certainly be a big factor, and we in the tech world are very accustomed to high-performance drivers/BIOSes used for a product launch, which many speculate are used to get high scores in reviews, that are later dialed back to improve stability. We're busy testing the new drivers with various 30-series models — stay tuned for our findings. We have encountered issues with several cards in our labs, so we have plenty to work with.

It's entirely plausible that this issue isn't entirely related to capacitors. Nvidia's Ampere cards have higher power supply requirements than previous-gen cards, drivers are still in the early stages of widespread use, and boosting tables, which define when and for how long the GPU stays in a boosted state, could bear some of the blame.

Also, there is no guarantee that all cards with POSCAP-only designs are defective; instead, this could imply they simply have a greater chance of an issue (i.e., a higher failure rate), or there are binning issues that make some caps more reliable than others. As such, capacitor-induced crashes might not be responsible for all crashing issues. In short, there are a lot of factors at play.

Igor's Lab also reports that third-party GPU makers didn't have access to proper drivers long enough before the Ampere launch to ensure the type of thorough and accurate binning that's needed to bin the different GPUs into classes worthy of overclocking, and those that are not. That could mean some chips that aren't suitable for a factory overclock could have made it into the shipping cards."

Associate
I personally think the crashing problem is 2 fold....poor filtering from cheap caps and low end PSU's (80 plus bronze/silver) sending dirty signals to the GPU

After the issues were reported, i've ordered a superflower leadex iii 850w.
Had a bronze 750w coolermaster, which has worked flawlessly for 3 years but the 3080 is thirsty.

Associate
After the issues were reported, i've ordered a superflower leadex iii 850w.
Had a bronze 750w coolermaster, which has worked flawlessly for 3 years but the 3080 is thirsty.
3080 is working on many of the 650W, depending on your CPU. mine is Ryzen9 3900XT -and might upgrade to new ryzen 5th 9 version so upgraded to 850W from Asus, never tried ASUS psu so lets see

Associate
Back
Top Bottom