Mostly-new built rig, no signal to monitor, really stumped.

Soldato
Got another GPU you can sling in there just temporarily to see if there's a signal with a different GPU?

One long too short (beeps) does point at an issue with the GPU according to the manual (see troubleshooting section, page 64).
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C91v2.0.pdf

Could be the bios version on the board has spotty/picky GPU support and needs updating to get working with that particular card.

Soldato
I was linked to this: https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543, which indicates it's video memory, is that not the correct one for this motherboard?

Well if the manual says GPU then maybe it is that, I suppose it could be an issue with the slot, check very closely inside the slot for bent or missing pins on the inside of the plastic PCI-E connector.

If you haven't done a BIOS flashback yet, then you still should just to be sure. :)

Associate
OP
Flashed to the latest BIOS, same error. Unfortunately I don't have a spare graphics card lying about to check with, but the fact the card is confirmed working in another machine would suggest the motherboard is borked. Sigh.

Arranged to get it sent back in. Thanks for the advice folks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Flashed to the latest BIOS, same error. Unfortunately I don't have a spare graphics card lying about to check with, but the fact the card is confirmed working in another machine would suggest the motherboard is borked. Sigh.

That's a bugger, if you live near me happy to have a look at it for you. Got loads of spare parts to test with, helped plenty of other forum-ites out in the past. :)

Soldato

Arranged to get it sent back in. Thanks for the advice folks.

Have you tried the GPU in the other PCI-E slot? (sure it'll run at lower bandwidth, but the aim isn't to leave it there indefinitely).

Had some weird issues like this when i upgraded my old girls PC with my previous GPU, no signal at all in the main slot and didn't like the daisy chain PCI-E power(like you changed that over, still no signal). Got a signal once i moved the GPU into the second slot(would have been fine for her uses at half bandwidth if need be), so sorted out drivers, etc, then thought i'd just test the main slot again, and whadda ya know, worked fine... (for some unknown reason). For context, that was a 270x in a z77 system with a Superflower Leadex 650W.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom