Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Still in 2 minds if to get this game , but did want it the 1st time i saw it for the PS4 , has most off the bugs been ironed out now on PC ??

I've sunk around 10 hours in it so far, only picking it up a week ago, I've not had a single issue. Actually, that's a lie, I did have a weird texture issue but it was because my drivers were several months old. Since updating, it's been rock solid and is butter smooth with an average of 90fps at 3440x1440, 2080 ti (heavily OC'd) and a 9900k at 5Ghz on all cores (all under water). All my settings are to the max, however I can see why people would use the digital foundry settings on lower specced machines as it's damn resource hungry.

Soldato
Finally realized that aim-assist was turned on by default. urgh. Turned that crap off. I WANT the challenge.

RTX 2060/Ryzen 3600 with around 18hours in so far (say 20, but was running benchmarks when I first got it lol). Some random crashes with it so far, which I don't know why. Also.. I did once get massive fps drop in a bandit camp, but only after killing about 20 bandits. It was like the resources dropped were causing the fps drop, as picking them up slowly increased fps. bizarre.

Enjoying the game although it took me a while to get used to the controls, and I'm still not there yet. Some of the systems seem a little clunky.

So far the game is.. 'help me.. but don't tell anyone' lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crashes are getting more frequent now. Just done sfc /scannow, hoping it will fix the issue, I don't want to have to turn off application priv's etc. (or run it as administrator).

Update: Not sure if I am just in a different area, but just played for hours not a single crash. Perhaps the files were indeed corrupted causing the issue. (used the pretty routine command listed above to scan for an fix corrupted files in an admin cmd window.)

Last edited:
Associate
Finally beat the game and DLC. Amazing. Everyone said it was a great game and I wholeheartedly agree.

80 odd hours all in, and a good chunk of that was simply exploring mountain tops. I was surprised at how good the missions were and how beautiful (Med/High) the game was. I also never felt I was repeating quest objectives mindlessly.

The main storyline and more than a few of the lore / people's stories brought a tear to my eye.

Soldato
Now that the launch shakiness is fading I'm tempted to pick this up... reckon it'll run okay on a 980 Ti - doesn't need to be all on ultra or anything but will I be massively missing out and I should wait until I maybe update GPU?

Associate
HORIZON ZERO DAWN COMPLETE EDITION FOR PC - PATCH NOTES

PATCH 1.06 (HRZ-PCR 120/59990231 01:01 - WED OCT 07
2020)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
  • Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
  • Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
  • We're aware of and continue to investigate issues that are not yet solved on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!

PATCH NOTES

Crash Fixes

• Fixed a streaming compute shader crash
  • Fixed a crash on startup related to file paths with non-ANSI characters

Graphical Improvements

• Fixed an issue where characters would noticeably warp between cuts during a specific cutscene in main quest “The Point of the Spear”
  • Fixed an issue where box graphics would flash during the final cinematic of the game
  • Fixed an issue in HDR where the UI could get overlapped by a black scene
  • Fixed an issue where turning on the Adaptive FPS option gave lower performance results than setting similar results manually

Gameplay Improvements

• Aloy forward walking direction – Aloy now walks directly towards the direction the camera is facing when you press forward, rather than at a slight angle

Other Improvements

• Executable details – Properties of the executable now also displays the current version
https://www.guerrilla-games.com/play/horizon/patch

Associate
No idea whats gone wrong but I have been away for 2 weeks, come back to multiple updates across the board. Game, GPU, system etc and now this game runs like absolute crap... Constant freezing, frame drops etc. It's unplayable.

Back
Top Bottom