Slicker WFH solution?

Associate
Apologies if this is a really noob question, I have a gaming setup which I use as my own PC and also a work laptop for work.

Is there a simple way I can connect my work laptop to my gaming PC so that I can use the monitor, mouse and keyboard, and toggle between the 2 computers easily?

Associate
All 3 suggestions would work depending on what you have installed.

KVM will allow you to use the keyboard and mouse and switch back and forth at the press of a buttom.
However if you want to connect to the laptop then RDP would be easiest but you will need the machine you connect to to have Windows Pro and not home edition.
Team Viewer would be ok for general use (Word/Excel etc) but anything graphical would be a bit hit and miss. If your laptop was a domain added pc you may end up with it complaining its being used for corporate usage and kick you off after a few minutes. (But if you have a domain added PC then RDP would be better anyway)

Associate
When you say easily, do you mean using both at the same time, or are you just after an easy way to avoid too much faffing with cables?

I went with a wireless keyboard and mouth with 2.4GHz and Bluetooth, and connect my monitor with a USB C cable. It's not seamless, but I get the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom