ROG Hero Z390.

Associate
Morning , just a quick one in case anyone has had the same issue?

Got a Rog Hero Wifi z390, now it was working fine BIOS udated fine I think upto 1402 but then I tried to update the bios via the internet bios update in the bios area it self to 1602. it said the bios had updated , powered on but no post, fans spinning etc, so did the fall back to 1403 whihc did the same thing, now the only bios I can get to work is the 0903 bios, any bios after that just gives my power on and no post. (I have triem all) I have tried via the bios flashback , via usb storage and via the internet still the same issue.

As I say on 0902 it still works powers up and I can use the pc fine but can't update the bios no matter what I try.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
When using the USB BIOS Flashback did you remember to rename the file properly?

For future reference I always recommend clear CMOS before and after every flash and avoid internet flashing unless absolutely, 100% necessary.

Man of Honour
At last an answer, much appreciated.. yes I have cleared the cmos via the back button and also leaving the battery out (off power) for 2 days.
I would disconnect any devices that's not needed when updating the bios in case it causing errors.

The only other thing I can sugest is to contact Asus.

is the bios update needed ?

Associate
OP
I would disconnect any devices that's not needed when updating the bios in case it causing errors.

The only other thing I can sugest is to contact Asus.

is the bios update needed ?

Yes I ended up contacting Asus support , they just told me to RMA it. Which obviously I will do. Thanks for the help though dude.

Back
Top Bottom