Genshin Impact - PC/Android/IOS crossplay (and PS4 non-crossplay)

Caporegime
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Single player ARPG, with gacha elements and some co-op.

As someone who has played a fair share of gacha mobile games (including Honkai Impact 3 from the same developer as Genshin), I have been intrigued by this.

It is a fully-fledged, free to play ARPG in a similar vein to Breath Of The Wild, and is (imo) gorgeous!

It launched yesterday, and I have been playing on both my pc (buttery smooth) and mobile (SD 845 struggles a bit, but then it is an open world rpg). Being able to play properly on PC, but also jump in on mobile is actually really cool and (to the best of my knowledge) a unique feature of this game?

Gacha isn't a requirement, you will pick up and get viable characters to complete the main story, but those that are collectors and whatnot will essentially fund the game.

Very much enjoying this, and worth a punt imo.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up.

Ensure hardware acceleration is enabled in your browser when on the website else it runs like a bag of nuts.

What is the F2P model like? is it fair or do you need to pay £20 to open a bag of crisps?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
What is the F2P model like? is it fair or do you need to pay £20 to open a bag of crisps?

Seems fair to me, especially as you can complete the whole game without spending a penny.

Chasing husbandos/waifus though will be pricey as the drop rates for 5 stars is very low, and the pity for a focused banner will only guarantee you the rate up hero after 180 pulls (though you do have a 50% chance of getting them at 90 pulls).

As it standard, I used my 20x free pulls on the beginner banner, and got a decent 4 star hero, and also what some say is the best 4 star hero, so I am happy to plod along without paying anything for now.

Caporegime
Gatcha games are usually designed around encouraging people to spend money.

It does look pretty cool though the art style etc and apparently it's not as pay2win as most gatcha games. (pay2win as in content progression can revolve around owning specific characters which are rare and hard to get)

as far as I understand it's just a coop game with upto 4 people though? there's no city areas etc that act like hubs where you see other players? like say GuildWars ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
as far as I understand it's just a coop game with upto 4 people though? there's no city areas etc that act like hubs where you see other players? like say GuildWars ?

It is a single player RPG, with limited co-op when you are further in the game (Adventure Rank 16), it is not an MMO.

Which one is that? Beside the maid character I got the electric archer one with the raven abilities

Fischl, you got her too :) Her raven can be triggered, then switch out to another hero for elemental triggers.

Associate
LOL i played too much of this lastnight, its really very good.
I didnt think id like it as aesthetically the cutesy anime characters with squeeky voices is not my thing but you soon forget that when your out in the world fighting mobs.
Combat is just phenomenal easily the best ive ever played.
I like the way you swap characters with different abilities and elements on the fly,it really is exceptional.
This is an AAA game , incredible animations and polish.
Yes its free to play and touted as a gotcha game but its not that intrusive at all and seems more generous than any F2P ive played.
I will continue to play for a while, not sure if it will keep me coming back for more longterm but its a blast to play.
Between this and Hades im sorted for a good while.

Caporegime
LOL i played too much of this lastnight, its really very good.
I didnt think id like it as aesthetically the cutesy anime characters with squeeky voices is not my thing but you soon forget that when your out in the world fighting mobs.
Combat is just phenomenal easily the best ive ever played.
I like the way you swap characters with different abilities and elements on the fly,it really is exceptional.
This is an AAA game , incredible animations and polish.
Yes its free to play and touted as a gotcha game but its not that intrusive at all and seems more generous than any F2P ive played.
I will continue to play for a while, not sure if it will keep me coming back for more longterm but its a blast to play.
Between this and Hades im sorted for a good while.
It's Gatcha not gotcha.

it basically means gambling loot box pay to win model from japan this is where loot boxes evolved from these gatcha games

Associate
Surprised by this one - as stated above - an AAA quality game that is ftp.

Cash shop and ptw not in your face at all -pretty amazing as I am sure most of us can live without a full roster of characters.

Enjoying it so far and yes it looks like BOTW but plays nothing like it.

Associate
Surprised by this one - as stated above - an AAA quality game that is ftp.

Cash shop and ptw not in your face at all -pretty amazing as I am sure most of us can live without a full roster of characters.

Enjoying it so far and yes it looks like BOTW but plays nothing like it.

Yeah im totally surprised,im still playing and cant get enough of it.
The more i play the more i appreciate its depth and complexity.
Its a joy to play actually, between this and HADES im sorted for a long time.

Soldato
Only found out about this yesterday and spent 9 hours solid playing it tonight and loving it. Loving the art style and the combat, the games really chill to play and its suprising well polished and refined. I've not come across a single bug or issue yet which is more than can be said for most AAA games. Yes it has a Gacha element but ive been hitting it hard so far and found no reasons to spend any money on the game and it seems if you are prepared to put the time in then the Gacha element isnt an issue and it doesnt feel too grindy at this stage.

Loving it so far

Associate
Someone did a side by side and Noelle's animations are almost exact copies of 2B from Nier:Automata lmao

Also praying to RNGesus for a Diluc pull soon. Already got Fischl and Xianling and I can sub Venti out for the MC

Last edited:
Associate
I've started playing this game and its one of the best games I've played in a long time. also its pretty cool I can switch to my iPad pro when in bed and carry on playing it. only a few hours in but I really like the style and game play is fun/ seems very easy at the moment i guess maybe later levels get hard.

Back
Top Bottom