What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Watched the new Netflix documentary series Challenger: The Final Flight, an excellent and educational telling of the 1986 Space Shuttle disaster.

Only 4 episodes long so likely to be done in one or two sittings. I already knew the entire story in detail, and even remember it happening as a young kid, but it's still well worth a watch.

Fascinating in that you get to see some the finer details of some of the technology involved in the shuttle build and launches as well as the human error element.

Soldato
Finally catching up with This is Us season 2. I did stop for a while because it was getting a bit too sad in places.

Forgot how much it can really get you in the feels. I seem to almost cry every episode :o

Soldato
Just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 of "The Bridge", both are available on the BBC iPlayer.
I have not watched "The Tunnel" but I believe that was adapted from this series.
The Bridge is based in Sweden / Denmark and there is no spoken English, but subtitles. Both seasons form continuity with the storyline, that brings two very different police officers, one from Denmark and the other from Sweden, together to investigate a crime committed on the border between those countries. Very well acted and quite compelling to watch.
I have just found out that there are two further seasons to this, but they don't seem to be on the iPlayer, at least not yet.
I will "hunt" out those two other seasons.

Man of Honour
Randomly started watching the Amazon Original Utopia - was wondering why so much felt like it had been lifted from somewhere else and I knew where bits were going - hadn't realised it was based on the original British show and had totally forgotten about it - it isn't terrible but the original was much better.

Associate
American Murder: The Family Next Door (Netflix)

One off documentary 90 mins. I just popped it on last night for a change.

Essentially an account using various footage, I had no prior idea what the case was nor what had happened - I was gripped.

Soldato
American Murder: The Family Next Door (Netflix)

One off documentary 90 mins. I just popped it on last night for a change.

Essentially an account using various footage, I had no prior idea what the case was nor what had happened - I was gripped.
I watched it last night and felt the same way.

I'd seen a teaser trailer of it previously so had a hint as to who the murderer was but didn't obviously know the full story. So heart breaking and makes you wonder what on earth goes through a person's mind to do something like that

Associate

I'd seen a teaser trailer of it previously so had a hint as to who the murderer was but didn't obviously know the full story. So heart breaking and makes you wonder what on earth goes through a person's mind to do something like that

I agree, it stuck with me today and its exactly as you say - what on earth were they thinking. Very sad.

Associate
Just watched the final episode of the 100 season 7 , quite suprised i ended up watching all 7 seasons , was hard going the first few episodes as it was like a teen soap but glad a persevered , probably one of my favourite series , now i hope they get around to filming the prequel series .

Soldato
Just watched the final episode of the 100 season 7 , quite suprised i ended up watching all 7 seasons , was hard going the first few episodes as it was like a teen soap but glad a persevered , probably one of my favourite series , now i hope they get around to filming the prequel series .
Yeah, I literally stopped about 20 minutes into episode 1 of the first season due to it being so terrible, teen soap is spot on, but decided to continue. The very end of episode 1 gave me something to start to get into, and it improved a bit from there. S2 was fantastic, and it was good to great all the way after that

I've only seen the first 5 seasons though. Waiting for the rest on Prime.

Caporegime

Watched this last night and didn't get much sleep I have to say. As a father of two myself I have no idea what must go through the mind of someone to do what he did. Especially as he seemed quite normal.

Having no prior knowledge going into it I knew straight away he did it as he was referring to his wife in the past tense when speaking to the cop at the beginning.

Caporegime
Finished watching The Fall. I find it hard to remain interested in almost all tv series but I thoroughly enjoyed this, though the third series was a little worse for wear, IMO.

Great performances by all involved; it was the first time I've seen Gillian Anderson in anything. Recommended.

Now to scour the forums/internet for something new. :)

Soldato
@adam cool dude I wasn't sure if I was picking up on things because I sort of knew already or if it was obvious but then even the neighbour said something to the first copper

Just started Brave New World on now t.v. only a few mins in but the synopsis seems interesting.

Soldato
Randomly started watching the Amazon Original Utopia
Mr Rabbit no ? yes was a great series , when C4 made them, from the shameless generation, excepting No offence.

Now got something to watch this weekend
reviews ounds promising
The Comey Rule | Trailer | Sky Atlantic
Jeff Daniels and Brendan Gleeson star as former FBI Director James Comey and US President Donald J. Trump in this two-part event series. Coming 30 September on Sky Atlantic

Associate
I finshed jojo the other day, now looking for another anime seriesi have not got round to seeing, going to to try Yu Yu Hakusho.
Hey anyone like Tigtone on adult swim. TIGTONE!

Soldato
I finshed jojo the other day, now looking for another anime seriesi have not got round to seeing, going to to try Yu Yu Hakusho.
Hey anyone like Tigtone on adult swim. TIGTONE!

Attack on titan,
the promised neverland,
banana fish
Your lie in April
One piece
Dragon ball z
Naruto

According to daughter anyway :)

Associate
Started Penny Dreadful last week after years of debating it and it's actually quite enjoyable and dare I say, good?

Just about finished with season 2..

Man of Honour
Started Penny Dreadful last week after years of debating it and it's actually quite enjoyable and dare I say, good?

Just about finished with season 2..

I miss that show, wish they hadnt ended it when they did. I felt it had a good couple more seasons in it yet. Plus....Eva Green.

Back
Top Bottom