Audio lag with new TV/soundbar

Associate
Hi - I've just bought a Phillips OLED TV together with a Yamaha soundbar. I also have a Virgin V6 box. Since getting the new TV we're getting significant delay in the audio, but not all the time. The TV is connected the soundbar via a 5m HDMI cable and the V6 is also connected to the TV via another 5m HDMI.

I spoke with the retailer and they asked us to try the built in apps on the TV and they don't appear to have the same issue, even when still playing through the soundbar. That makes me think it might be the V6 box, but we didn't have these issues when using the old TV.

Any ideas would be very welcome as its driving me mad!

Regards
Ryan

Man of Honour
With the V6 box and Sky Q box I've found if I'm using ARC through my AVR and the program is broadcast in Dolby Digital then I get a delay. If it's stereo then it's fine. The only solution I've found is connecting the V6 or Sky Q box directly to the AVR and not using ARC at all for live TV. In you case it will.mean connecting the V6 directly to your sound bar. You'll still have to.use the ARC to get audio to your sound bar when using TV apps.

Associate
OP
Thanks - the V6 only has one HDMI slot but also has a Digital In/Out. Would it help if I ran a digital cable from V6 to soundbar and left the HDMI in V6 to TV?

Regards

Man of Honour
HDMI from V6 into sound bar. HDMI ARC from soundbar to TV. Soundbar should pass through the audio. Select V6 box source from soundbar remote. If you use optical from V6 box to soundbar, you'll still have change sources on soundbar remote anyway. Either should work.

Back
Top Bottom