Using GPU Temp to set Case Fans RPM Curve ?

Soldato
Hi, I was wondering how do people set the case fans Im planning to set with GPU temp ?

I currently have Corsair Commander Pro with 4 pin fans connected to its hub it take can upto 6 fans can control using its software iCUE I set the case fans curve to the GPU temp and works well, and have kraken z73 AIO which has its own Cam software controlling the radiator fan speed to liquid temp

wondering with the newer boards that have rgb addressable headers I could buy fans with Addressable RGB and use RGB Synchronization HUB Splitter to connect the fans but what about the fan control I would have 3-4 case fans and motherboard will have 4 pin sys fan headers on the motherboard, I know have there own software to control RGB and Fan curve right ? could I set the fan curve to GPU temp or will it only set it against cpu/system temp ? from past planning on buying MSI or Gigabyte x570 board

Thanks

Permabanned
I do exactly that. Works fine. The way I see it is that the CPU is looking after itself and is actually providing some case ventilation. I have the case fans simply set to exhaust any heat produced by the GPU.
Since you use iCEU then you could use a Corsair Commander Pro to control all your fans. I think you can then connect their lighting hub to the Commander Pro to control the RGB since there aren't enough RGB outputs on the Commander......but I am not an expert with RGB so double check what I am saying here. It would seem sensible to do everything with Corsair gear since you are using the control software.

Soldato
OP
I do exactly that. Works fine. The way I see it is that the CPU is looking after itself and is actually providing some case ventilation. I have the case fans simply set to exhaust any heat produced by the GPU.
Since you use iCEU then you could use a Corsair Commander Pro to control all your fans. I think you can then connect their lighting hub to the Commander Pro to control the RGB since there aren't enough RGB outputs on the Commander......but I am not an expert with RGB so double check what I am saying here. It would seem sensible to do everything with Corsair gear since you are using the control software.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have been using the Commander Pro with Corsair RGB hub which can take upto 6 fans with Corsair RGB fans had it running for years had the case fans to ramp up according to GPU temps and worked well but I think the Commander Pro has gone faulty I cant control the RPM on fans anymore tried everything and hoping to build a new system when Zen 3 is out and get some new fans and get away from Commander Pro and iCue

I dont know what I could use instead to do the same thing so could control the case fans according to GPU temps I know newer motherboards have option to set fan curves in the bios ? I know they have RGB sync software in window do they have something the same to control the Fan curves ? that would give option to set according to GPU

Permabanned
Hi, thanks for the reply, I have been using the Commander Pro with Corsair RGB hub which can take upto 6 fans with Corsair RGB fans had it running for years had the case fans to ramp up according to GPU temps and worked well but I think the Commander Pro has gone faulty I cant control the RPM on fans anymore tried everything and hoping to build a new system when Zen 3 is out and get some new fans and get away from Commander Pro and iCue

I dont know what I could use instead to do the same thing so could control the case fans according to GPU temps I know newer motherboards have option to set fan curves in the bios ? I know they have RGB sync software in window do they have something the same to control the Fan curves ? that would give option to set according to GPU

The higher end Gigabyte motherboards have a really good system for RGB and Fan control. The problem is that the sensors are on the motherboard. That's OK for the CPU because it gives a more stable ( if lower ) reading for the CPU temp, but in my opinion it doesn't work well for the GPU. The motherboard sensor tends to lag way behind the GPU temp. iCEU is much better because it does read the CPU and GPU temps directly. The Gigabyte utility is called SIV if you want to look it up. It's nice, but no, it's not good for reading the GPU temps.

Soldato
OP
That sucks would be better if could control everything without having to install extra software , just ordered another Commander Pro so either way will know if the one I have is faulty or not , if it works will likely stick with it with new build also have 6x corsair QL120 fans which I can still return still deciding what to do

I cant even game on it because the fans dont speed up or react to any curve I set

Also noticed the gigabyte board has temperature sensor headers maybe could put the probe on GPU and set the fans to that

Thanks for helping

Permabanned
That sucks would be better if could control everything without having to install extra software , just ordered another Commander Pro so either way will know if the one I have is faulty or not , if it works will likely stick with it with new build also have 6x corsair QL120 fans which I can still return still deciding what to do

I cant even game on it because the fans dont speed up or react to any curve I set

Also noticed the gigabyte board has temperature sensor headers maybe could put the probe on GPU and set the fans to that

Thanks for helping

Good thing with iCEU is to disable the auto update. Corsair make great hardware and iCEU is great when it works but all too often Corsair release it with serious bugs in it.

SIV is good so if you could find a decent place to monitor GPU temp then that would be great.

Soldato
OP
Good thing with iCEU is to disable the auto update. Corsair make great hardware and iCEU is great when it works but all too often Corsair release it with serious bugs in it.

Yeah been on the corsair forums amount of issues reported is something else, also reading up software called ArgusMonitor lets you set the case fans to GPU temp might give it a try

Back
Top Bottom