PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
I don't think you need to cancel...

To test I've got the £1 upgrade offer I checked in my Xbox Win10 app - click the Xbox button (top left) then "My Subscription" in the middle of the page, then scroll down and there's an "upgrade" button with a £1.00 cost. Small print on that page also mentions converting up to 36 months. So, I think we're good to go...

So, went to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and I'm midway through a £1 trial month for PC Game Pass, so turned off recurring billing (didn't cancel).

Bought 12 month Xbox Live game codes from CD Keys. (personally didn't get the Brazil ones, as I'm happy to exploit M$'s offer, but personally think it's a little fraudulent to claim via Brazil VPN). I entered 1 code through the XBox App and it worked fine, then the other via the account page linked above. I only bought 2 years worth, so clicked enable recurring billing to get an extra month free each time (need to remember to have it disabled to start with and then disable again after the 1st, to get it again...) so, now my account page says I have Xbox Gold to Nov 2022.

So, now I click on Upgrade on the account website and paid £1 (checked in Paypal).

Now, here's where it gets weird... I've just refreshed the account page and it now says Xbox Game Pass Unlimited with the next charge being Jan 2023?!?!? So, I'm confused how it's jumped my next membership renewal from Nov 2022 to Jan 2023 - I guess it's the remaining time on my PC Game Pass added on?!? - but I'll take it ;)

TLDR - (check you have the £1 offer on your account). No need to cancel PC sub, just whack in the codes either through Xbox app or website, then Upgrade on the website...

Thanks a lot for that, really appreciate it.

Soldato
Well, it now looks like CDkeys have refunded me (even though I haven't asked them to!) for the x3 Brazil codes, but it still says "on hold" when I check. No replies to my emails apart from the first one. How very very bizarre.
I'll take the refund and never use them again. Have also emailed them to confirm I want to cancel.

Have I missed the trick? I don't know whether just to give up or try something else now?

Last edited:
Associate
Do I need to have Gamepass for PC before buying the Xbox Gold code and converting? I've already did a trial so would need to do the full price £7.99/month thing.
dont think so.

but, I think some people on Hot UK Deals said they haven't got the £1 upgrade offer, making it an expensive/frustrating process if you've spent money on Xbox Gold and don't have an Xbox, wanting PC game pass... I guess this could be due to using a similar offer previously I guess?

So, I made sure I had this offer available to me before spending $ and the only way I could think to check was to log into the Xbox website/app and check I had a link to the £1 upgrade before I started buying anything.

Soldato
CDKeys are probably getting bombarded right now. The Brazil trick was on HUKD, and a lot of people pre-ordering the new consoles will be looking to take advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply ran out of codes or something.

They aren't the greatest when it comes to communicating. But I've never had any problems that aren't resolved with a little patience.

Soldato
Well, it now looks like CDkeys have refunded me (even though I haven't asked them to!) for the x3 Brazil codes, but it still says "on hold" when I check. No replies to my emails apart from the first one. How very very bizarre.
I'll take the refund and never use them again. Have also emailed them to confirm I want to cancel.

Have I missed the trick? I don't know whether just to give up or try something else now?

Quoting myself but...

Bloody done it!!! Got x 3 'Brazil' keys from https://www.electronicfirst.com/ (After an email to check if it was for reselling or personal use! Took about an hour).

Followed the advice about not totally cancelling my current normal PC gamepass sub from DereksDontRun :)...

DereksDontRun said:
I don't think you need to cancel...

To test I've got the £1 upgrade offer I checked in my Xbox Win10 app - click the Xbox button (top left) then "My Subscription" in the middle of the page, then scroll down and there's an "upgrade" button with a £1.00 cost. Small print on that page also mentions converting up to 36 months. So, I think we're good to go...

So, went to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and I'm midway through a £1 trial month for PC Game Pass, so turned off recurring billing (didn't cancel).

Bought 12 month Xbox Live game codes from CD Keys. (personally didn't get the Brazil ones, as I'm happy to exploit M$'s offer, but personally think it's a little fraudulent to claim via Brazil VPN). I entered 1 code through the XBox App and it worked fine, then the other via the account page linked above. I only bought 2 years worth, so clicked enable recurring billing to get an extra month free each time (need to remember to have it disabled to start with and then disable again after the 1st, to get it again...) so, now my account page says I have Xbox Gold to Nov 2022.

So, now I click on Upgrade on the account website and paid £1 (checked in Paypal).

Now, here's where it gets weird... I've just refreshed the account page and it now says Xbox Game Pass Unlimited with the next charge being Jan 2023?!?!? So, I'm confused how it's jumped my next membership renewal from Nov 2022 to Jan 2023 - I guess it's the remaining time on my PC Game Pass added on?!? - but I'll take it ;)

TLDR - (check you have the £1 offer on your account). No need to cancel PC sub, just whack in the codes either through Xbox app or website, then Upgrade on the website...

....and then the really useful step by step guide at https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussi...-36-months-of-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3526205

Hope this helps other people out. Basically got 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate (including Xbox if i ever get one) for around £2.50 per month! That is Insane!!

Only potential problem now is if CDkeys try to charge me again even though they've refunded me (As it still says "on hold" !)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, assume this all work if I have never had Xbox gamepass or Gold etc.

I'm no expert here but far as I know yes it should. I think there are problems if you've actually used the £1 offer before on your account, but if you've never used gamepass at all you should be ok.
It's all a bit confusing to do but follow the guide I linked above and it works!

Permabanned
I'm no expert here but far as I know yes it should. I think there are problems if you've actually used the £1 offer before on your account, but if you've never used gamepass at all you should be ok.
It's all a bit confusing to do but follow the guide I linked above and it works!

Thanks, it worked perfectly. 3 years of gamepass ultimate will complement my one X and PC nicely.

Soldato
@wunkley

How did it take electronicfirst to send you your keys? I placed an order this morning but still haven't had anything.

Took about an hour. They sent an auto type email to check that I really wanted these region keys - that i had to reply to to confirm.
Then I got an email from an actual person asking if it was for reselling or personal use, so I simply replied for personal use, then a few mins later got email with x3 keys. It's all worked and I now have 3 years Gamepass Ultimate etc etc. I'm well happy with that.

My only worry now is that CDkeys actually do send me the keys and take my money again (even though I've said to totally cancel and they've refunded). If they do look out on here and I could have 3 Brazil keys up for sale in the MM forum!

Caporegime
Might have to give this a go. So with the Ultimate I can play games on my PC and yet to be purchased Xbox Series X? Are all these games handled through Mircrosoft's store on Windows?

Soldato
Might have to give this a go. So with the Ultimate I can play games on my PC and yet to be purchased Xbox Series X? Are all these games handled through Mircrosoft's store on Windows?

There are in effect 3 game pass's. One for console, one of PC and Ultimate. Ultimate combines both the pass's (+ few other perks) so if you have both a PC and console you can get the game pass games through single subscription. But yes with ultimate, regardless of if you have a console, can play any of the games on PC fine.

Do note you will not get every game on PC that console may have regardless of the pass. RDR2 for example only came to console.

For Windows there is a specific Xbox App you download. Acts like a basic store, similar to epic etc.

Associate
Just in case it's of any use if you get issues downloading from the xbox pc app, failing to download/start etc, go to the settings in windows and apps, gaming services, advanced and reset, had issues a couple of times on mine and my brothers PC and this fixed it.

Soldato
So i did the Brazillian Xbxox Live thing that many people have done but I cant figure out how to do the £1 upgrade to Ultimate. When i go to pay it tells me the £1 is for the first month only and then £10.99 every month after that. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Soldato
So i did the Brazillian Xbxox Live thing that many people have done but I cant figure out how to do the £1 upgrade to Ultimate. When i go to pay it tells me the £1 is for the first month only and then £10.99 every month after that. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Just ignore the prompt. It's normal for it to show up.

Soldato
EA Play is coming to Game Pass for PC in December. The best bit? You don't need Ultimate for the EA stuff on PC. Just the regular £7.99/month Game Pass PC sub.

Soldato
So apparently if you have xbox ultimate and ea play, then when ea play is incorporated to Xbox ultimate it'll convert any ea play time to ultimate at 3:1. You can get 12 months ea play for 20 quid so just 4 quid a month ultimate.

Potentially a nice way for those without the £1 upgrade or still using up ultimate to top up. Not quite as cheap as the £1 option but still very good.

Back
Top Bottom