Ghosts - The white floaty things that go oooooooo

Man of Honour
Ok can anyone of sane mind declare officially whether they’ve seen a ghost? I’m curious to know of others stories and encounters.
Not seen one myself but had loads of scary experiences. Just a few which come to mind are that I had something whisper in my ear while I was in my living room. My brothers three friends also saw an old lady in our house and asked if it was our grand mother. Our grand mother didn't live there but the previous owners grand mother did die in the house. My brother also saw two black shadows of hands slap on the glass back door as he walked in the kitchen.

All of the above were in the same house (my parents house).

My parents also knew someone who said their house was haunted by a little boy. One day my mum saw him sitting on the stairs.

Soldato
Ok can anyone of sane mind declare officially whether they’ve seen a ghost? I’m curious to know of others stories and encounters.

i've met plenty of folk who claim to have seen x,y or z. but it's only the sane ones who go "well i think that's what i saw, but it could have just been me imagining it"

been to a few supposedly haunted places, can't say i saw or felt anything out of the ordinary or heard anything that couldn't have a rational explanation.

Soldato
I'll be honest about this. When I was a young kid I got into bed turned round on to my other side facing away from the wall to see a dark shape of a figure standing next to me. In fear I thumped out at it and then retreated under the covers. Seconds later I looked again . Nothing was there. I believe what I saw was genuine. Same room but on a different occasion I was woken by my duvet and covers dropping on me from a height of six feet. There was nobody else in the room. hated that house.

Man of Honour
Never experienced a ghost yet.

However I had one very odd experience as a kid that I can't explain though - running along a path not really looking where I was going I was stopped in my tracks by a feeling as if someone had blocked my path with their arm - even today can recall the feeling of the sensation of a hand on my chest - and stopped, involuntarily, one step from going over a cliff edge - there was absolutely no one there.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Never experienced a ghost yet.

However I had one very odd experience as a kid that I can't explain though - running along a path not really looking where I was going I was stopped in my tracks by a feeling as if someone had blocked my path with their arm - even today can recall the feeling of the sensation of a hand on my chest - and stopped, involuntarily, one step from going over a cliff edge - there was absolutely no one there.

Interesting. I've experienced similar automatically-produced fully-formed sense-level 3 protective functions. I made a study of them and their directible practical uses.

Edit. There are several applications. In the main, however, I conclude the faculty represents, an inbuilt overriding form of intelligence.

Somewhat also interesting, the phenomenon provides original scientific support of an old philosophical claim (eg. in the writings of Daoism, among others) of there being "no false head".

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I probably view ghosts in a similar vein to that which I now view gods. It's more likely that my brain is going wrong, than it is for these things to exist.

EDIT - Or mistaken identity cases etc

Permabanned
"My parents see ghosts but they aren't crazy"

:rolleyes:

But jokes aside, I think there are far too many incidents to just say it's all imagination. I am not saying ghosts exist, but perhaps there is some explanation other than "people are crazy".
My own personal pet theory is that perhaps there are times when information can travel forwards in time. In other words, people in the present can see and hear and even feel events that happened in the past.
Of course I am probably wrong, but at least I can understand that there may be some way that we can see the past.

Soldato
I like the idea of ghosts and I have always wanted to see one. I do believe they are out there, I think that even after death, the spirit is just at rest but never leaves Earth. But some of these spirits can be restless or whatever else, which I think is what causes some to have experiences but most are just at rest.

Caporegime
The old library, in the town where I used to live, is rumoured to be haunted by the butler and the lady of the house that stood there before it was rebuilt.
(Google Pipbrook House, Surrey)

Apparently the butler has been spotted at the top window and the only mention of the lady was that when the council used the building years ago, a woman with the same name would find her name crossed out in the sign in book every day. Other weird stuff happened as well apparently. Oooooooooo :p

My cousin also said he saw the famous headless horseman once, charging across the road into the cemetery. I'm on the fence about that one :D

When my dad died I did feel like there was a presence upstairs in the house. It wasn't that I was purposely searching for something but I had suddenly felt really cold and that someone was standing next to me. This went on for almost month after he died until the day of his funeral.
I know people say it's a load of BS and I take some stories with a pinch of salt but I like to think there is the possibility :)

I would definitely cross that womans name off the list every day if I worked there, I'm sure there are other people with the same cruel sense of humour. :p

I also like to remain open to the idea of ghosts and ghost stories, its nice to brush science aside sometimes and let your senses go wild.

I remember at a sleepover a friend had when we were maybe 12~ we all scared ourselves and were convinced there were spooky things going on, I enjoyed being scared with friends, as weird as that sounds. The spoopy adrenaline. :p

Capodecina
Soldato

Yes, in a hotel in Edinburgh. It was a very nice hotel, but I had a very uncomfortable night's sleep and was awoken numerous times by a presence at the other end of the room. I could make out a man in what looked like military uniform wearing a three-cornered hat. It wasn't terrifying, but very uncomfortable, and I didn't have a very good night's sleep.

I then found out, many years later, that many others had reported seeing the same phenomena in the hotel, wearing the same get-up.

One other experience, not necessarily ghost related, but very freakish, was when my ex-gf, twice, spoke in another language to me when she was half asleep. She spoke no other language than English normally. She woke me up and then started speaking what, to me, sounded like an East-Asian language, maybe Korean. I tried to remain calm and said, "I know you think you're speaking normally to me, but you are speaking another tongue, speak calmly and please respond in normally in English" but she would then reply in this other language. Some could say she was just intentionally speaking gibberish, but what she was saying had form and structure, it definitely was an organised language of some sort.

I suppose I should not be too surprised since our brains absorb more information that we can willingly recall, and our subconscious takes in and stores information from other languages all the time, which we can then reproduce when in a psychologically liminal state between physical and ethereal realms.

Soldato
Actually I thought if you believed in god you werent allowed to believe in ghosts or something because of the heaven and hell thing?

You would have to believe in god to in order to believe that there is a heaven, so therefore you would believe in the holy spirit or holy ghost.

Ghosts are like the Loch Ness monster, or UFO's despite all the modern technology all you ever see are blurred shaky images or totally faked videos etc.

Back
Top Bottom