• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I see your point, but surely you are in a queue for the product you ordered? You don't pre-order a ps5 then choose to jump ship to xbox and keep your position...Same for any product.
If they wanted to make it served come served served in that way, it shouldn't have been sold as separate products.
True if people were making their buying decision with all the facts at hand. But they didn't because nVidia restricted this information. Prior to launch of PS5 and XBOX we know pretty much everything we need to know to decide which of them we want.

Associate
I asked this morning on phone with OC about arranging my recent Asus Tuf order to be placed in the queue where I cancelled my MSi 3080 and was told it would be 'fraud'. Really?

Guy seemed to have a bad attitude this morning. Great customer service.

Associate
Ironically, if they provided more information, less people would likely cancel.
When the HP Reverb G2 got delayed by a couple of weeks, they did a proper press release but also a Reddit AMA. Because people were getting lots of information it was interesting to see lots of comments about "being happy to wait".
I think customers just want to feel listened to and respected. We all know that OCUK can't bring the cards any quicker than they already are. If OCUK told me that I likely won't have my card until mid-November I wouldn't cancel, but I would really appreciate knowing what to reasonably expect. Right now, I don't know if I will have the card next week or next year.

I don't blame OCUK for not having the cards at all, I blame them for not being clear and transparent after almost 2 weeks. When people pay for something they should expect some sort of response other than we don't have cards and if you want, just cancel your order. That level of customer service is the type you get in a 3rd world country, they might not know every detail regarding delivery dates of course not... But they should provide people with information regarding their position in the queue. Many people who aren't here in the forums don't even know that they are being placed after *2000 orders.

Associate
I don't blame OCUK for not having the cards at all, I blame them for not being clear and transparent after almost 2 weeks. When people pay for something they should expect some sort of response other than we don't have cards and if you want, just cancel your order. That level of customer service is the type you get in a 3rd world country, they might not know every detail regarding delivery dates of course not... But they should provide people with information regarding their position in the queue. Many people who aren't here in the forums don't even know that they are being placed after *2000 orders.
I do agree that the website should make it clear that preorders will likely take months to complete.

Associate
I asked this morning on phone with OC about arranging my recent Asus Tuf order to be placed in the queue where I cancelled my MSi 3080 and was told it would be 'fraud'. Really?

If you cancelled the order, that order is gone now. To queue switch you needed to amend your order, which keeps your order number, order time etc, and just changes the actual item you've ordered.

That being said you can't do that if you paid with Amazon Pay apparently

Associate
Just requested OCUK to cancel my 3080 order as my 3090 arrived last night. Order was for a Gigabyte Eagle at 1513 so atleast someone might move up a tier and get their card a bit quicker now!
I also ordered the eagle at 15.13. Would be pedantic and ask how many seconds but 1 place up the queue isn't going to matter too much.

Would love to have some idea of the wait on this. I bought it for my son's 18th birthday which was yesterday.

Associate

You must bo joking duck, keep your place in the order, if you swap and would go in front of me that's a ****. If you go to the very end of it be my quest haha

Associate
Comparatively, yesterday evening, I got an email from the etailer that I ordered my PS5 from. They outright confirmed that my console is secured for launch day, as long as I pay for the order before a cut-off point. Quite a contrast to OCUK, but then I know the 3080 launch has been much more of a mess, and there's way more logistics to sort. Still, food for thought

Associate
The thing about queue jumping:

Imagine you're at the store. And for each product there's a separate vendor with its own waiting queue. And at one moment you decide to go to another product, because your queue takes longer to advance. What do you do? Go right to the counter because you were there earlier than most of the people from the other queue? You'd be mauled there because you've jumped queues and expect to be treated preferentially. If you'd like the other product, you'd join the queue at the last existing position available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom