Gutter Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey,

What sort of cost is professional gutter cleaning for a typical detached 3-bed around all sides? And would you expect them to run flow check and clean down-pipes as part of this or is it really just paying for a ladder and scooping stuff out?

Mine generally appear ok by sight but there is some spots of moss on the roof and plenty of leafs about also I've never had them cleaned and recently had a blocked down pipe that I managed to sort but wonder if it's worth leaving to the pros?

Associate
£60 for ours, 3 sides of house. Hoovered also, no flow check - just a quick hoover, and no check afterwards to see if actually clear or not.
Would have preferred a human up a ladder.

Soldato
wow a hoover and camera up there lol inventive.

I borrowed a ladder, used a bucket and got lots of muck on my head. Do it yourself if you can.

Soldato
Hey,

What sort of cost is professional gutter cleaning for a typical detached 3-bed around all sides? And would you expect them to run flow check and clean down-pipes as part of this or is it really just paying for a ladder and scooping stuff out?

Mine generally appear ok by sight but there is some spots of moss on the roof and plenty of leafs about also I've never had them cleaned and recently had a blocked down pipe that I managed to sort but wonder if it's worth leaving to the pros?

A flow check?!?!

They scrape the crap out and your gutters work it’s hardly rocket science and has been done for like a hundred plus years. Don’t go suggesting nonsense extras or everyone will be paying extra for another pointless check!

I’m not sold on the vac cleaners seems a bit like all these window cleaners with long poles makes the job quicker and safer but doesn’t do the same job to the same standard.

Soldato
A flow check?!?!

They scrape the crap out and your gutters work it’s hardly rocket science and has been done for like a hundred plus years. Don’t go suggesting nonsense extras or everyone will be paying extra for another pointless check!

I’m not sold on the vac cleaners seems a bit like all these window cleaners with long poles makes the job quicker and safer but doesn’t do the same job to the same standard.

The benefit we had with the guy who went up the ladder is that he spotted a cracked tile, explained why there was flaking paint on the ceiling below.

Associate
Paid £126 for a 4 bed detached with garages. 45 mins up a ladder and scooped out 4 buckets of muck. Said he didn’t think they had ever been done. We bought in Feb and wanted them done incase. He clipped a few bits back together while up there.

he did not clean the actual gutters or down pipes though. Our window cleaner has offered to do that though so will be getting them done.

Soldato
The benefit we had with the guy who went up the ladder is that he spotted a cracked tile, explained why there was flaking paint on the ceiling below.

also a good opportunity to crack that tile even more and make it worse for you underneath :) so that you get him/her to get the work done from them. :)

Soldato
I get the ladders out, only cheap £100 3 section ones, just as strong as more expensive ones they're just a bit heavy.
Get it out by hand and give the roof a spot check and also do the windows at the same time.

Soldato
I use a gutter vac myself and they do a great job sucking out all the moss, mud and general gunge. While it’s quicker (and much safer) than using ladders it’s not a fast job so if you see a fella running around a house with a gutter vac then he’s either not doing the job properly or the gutters don’t require cleaning.

Soldato
funnily enough,

im waiting for it to start raining really heavy
so i can tell if my gutter cleaning has been effective lol

maybe I will get my wish for the next 10 days lol

Soldato
Cleaned ours out manually 2 weekends ago, the gutters themselves weren't too bad, it was the diagonal bit that connects the guttering to the downpipe, they were absolutely crammed with dirt/moss, was amazed any rain could even get through.

I had noticed when it rained heavy that the water used to spill over the gutter, explains it now. With a few days of heavy rain that we've had recently, it's no longer doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom