cost of posting a heavy pc case

Associate
AS the title, I am selling a phantek evolv tg case and the guy has asked if I can post it. Can anyone give me advice on who to use to post it and how much its likely to cost. Not posted anything this big before so need a bit of help

thanks

Soldato
I work at the post office.

It will depend on the actual wieght but parcelforce is going to cost you anything between £14 and £26 depending on what service you require.

Beware if its got a glass side panel it wont be covered against damage in transit.

Make sure you pack it really well.

Associate
Not parcelforce. Sent very well protected speakers with them and they arrived looking they'd been kicked all the way there. It was insured, but it took months and a formal complaint to get them to pay out.

For anything bulky, I sell it collection only and take a hit on the price.

Permabanned
For future reference, use Packlink. They just use popular couriers but can pick up from your house and deliver at insanely low prices.

Soldato
I would not touch packlink with a barge pole. Check out the super long thread over on eBay seller central forum of all the people complaining about this company. They are based on Spain and have no phone line for complaints. Even if you do get your item delivered safely they will raid your bank account a month later claiming parcel was oversized.

There is a current thread at the moment of a guy who has had his £1200 watch that he sold on eBay stolen either from a packlink courier or the buyer, but all the evidence points to the courier. It seems like the courier stole the watch and then sealed the box back up and delivered it empty. I'm very doubtfull he will see his money again.

A bunch of crooks. Stay well clear.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would not touch packlink with a barge pole. Check out the super long thread over on eBay seller central forum of all the people complaining about this company. They are based on Spain and have no phone line for complaints. Even if you do get your item delivered safely they will raid your bank account a month later claiming parcel was oversized.

There is a current thread at the moment of a guy who has had his £1200 watch that he sold on eBay stolen either from a packlink courier or the buyer, but all the evidence points to the courier. It seems like the courier stole the watch and then sealed the box back up and delivered it empty. I'm very doubtfull he will see his money again.

A bunch of crooks. Stay well clear.

Packlink are just a front for other couriers and you have the option who to choose, so you can use Hermes or UPS if you want. Just you get it at a better price. If anything goes wrong then just contact the courier directly. I have never had a problem with them but that of course doesn't mean there are never problems.

Back
Top Bottom