1440p ~£300 which one?

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a Curved 27" 1440p monitor ideally with g/sync or compatible.
I thought it was a tall order for a ~£300 budget but there are few that tick the boxes.

1. AOC Gaming CQ27G2U
2. Gigabyte G27QC
3. ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ

Looking for some advice and opinions on them.
Many Thanks :)

Associate
am in the same boat, but drawn toward this one by samsung
LC27JG50QQUXEN 27" 2560X1440 VA 144HZ CURVED GAMING WIDESCREEN LED MONITOR

Associate
OP
am in the same boat, but drawn toward this one by samsung
LC27JG50QQUXEN 27" 2560X1440 VA 144HZ CURVED GAMING WIDESCREEN LED MONITOR

This was the first monitor I seen that made me think about upgrading... however it isn't freesync/g-sync compatible, and everything I read says its definitely a feature worth getting in a new monitor.

Associate
You should really consider the Dell S2721DGF, 165hz 1440p IPS panel monitor.

With a discount code when i ordered i got it to £331, just visit the thread on here and people post codes regularly for the discount. It really is a great monitor! It also has freesync and also G-Sync compatible :)

Link to thread: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-dell-ips-s2721dgf-165hz-gaming-monitor.18892819/
but that Dell is a IPS panel and suffers from very poor contrast, light bleeding / glow and "grey" blacks..many people can't cope with these problems and prefer a VA panel.

Associate
but that Dell is a IPS panel and suffers from very poor contrast, light bleeding / glow and "grey" blacks..many people can't cope with these problems and prefer a VA panel.

The contrast ratio is good, and im not sure where you have read about light bleeding and glow but i haven't noticed any in mine and the blacks aren't great but still good enough.

Just go to the thread linked and look at how many people recommend it and have reviewed it.

Associate
The contrast ratio is good, and im not sure where you have read about light bleeding and glow but i haven't noticed any in mine and the blacks aren't great but still good enough.

Just go to the thread linked and look at how many people recommend it and have reviewed it.
contrast ratio is not good,it's really bad actually.check rtings review.
black uniformity is also very bad,and if you read the posts in the thread there are many people posting pictures of horrible light bleed.
it's a good monitor but you can't recommend it over every VA monitor because there are pros and cons with both IPS and VA,IPS has these issues, and VA has it's own pros..deeper blacks,much better contrast..much less light bleed.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721dgf

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-21-01.png

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-21-45.png

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-22-13.png

This is how blacks look on this Dell IPS (front) vs a VA (back):

Example's of it's IPS light bleed and screen uniformity and clouding..(this is supposed to be black :D)

5dE43UX.jpg

xMHcXle.jpg

MyWDMq8.jpg

Associate
contrast ratio is not good,it's really bad actually.check rtings review.
black uniformity is also very bad,and if you read the posts in the thread there are many people posting pictures of horrible light bleed.
it's a good monitor but you can't recommend it over every VA monitor because there are pros and cons with both IPS and VA,IPS has these issues, and VA has it's own pros..deeper blacks,much better contrast..much less light bleed.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721dgf

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-21-01.png

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-21-45.png

Screenshot-2020-10-10-at-18-22-13.png

This is how blacks look on this Dell IPS (front) vs a VA (back):

Example's of it's IPS light bleed and screen uniformity and clouding..(this is supposed to be black :D)

5dE43UX.jpg

xMHcXle.jpg

MyWDMq8.jpg

Good amount of effort gone into there! I personally dont have the IPS glow like that and only been a couple of reports of it so i assume they have just got bad panels, there will always be a little as its the nature of IPS but that is bad in them examples.

Regarding VA panels - of course they will always be better but also come at a cost.

This guy has a budget of £300ish and i dont think you will get much better performance, refresh rate etc for this price point.

Associate
Good amount of effort gone into there! I personally dont have the IPS glow like that and only been a couple of reports of it so i assume they have just got bad panels, there will always be a little as its the nature of IPS but that is bad in them examples.

Regarding VA panels - of course they will always be better but also come at a cost.

This guy has a budget of £300ish and i dont think you will get much better performance, refresh rate etc for this price point.
Well,the reason I had all these photos and links handy..is because I'm looking for a monitor myself and considering this Dell monitor too and just like the OP my budget is around £400 max.
There is the Asus VA Tuf gaming VG27WQ for £320ish same specs and good reviews too and of course this Dell IPS 2721DFG..after all the research I think I'll buy them both and compare side by side to see which one works better for me,and return the other one.

Associate
OP
Well,the reason I had all these photos and links handy..is because I'm looking for a monitor myself and considering this Dell monitor too and just like the OP my budget is around £400 max.
There is the Asus VA Tuf gaming VG27WQ for £320ish same specs and good reviews too and of course this Dell IPS 2721DFG..after all the research I think I'll buy them both and compare side by side to see which one works better for me,and return the other one.

Did you decide which too keep?
I've still not purchased but I am leaning towards the Asus TUF VG27WQ there is also the VG27WQ1B which appears to be almost the same but the power supply is integrated.

Back
Top Bottom