What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
After rejoining pc again. Lol @ 1 discord friend

I installed BF5 to test out raytracing. Story is decent
Just finished the war stories today as I picked this game up to do ray traced gaming with my 3080. Thought they were really good. Doesn't take too long to get through them though. Finished Hitman 2 (apart from the 2 DLC missions as I've not got DLC). Back to Gears of War 4 tomorrow which I'll probably finish. Will need something new very soon. Maybe Doom Eternal or Death Stranding? IDK.

Soldato
I keep meaning to play Divinity Original Sin 2 but I just never have the time to invest in it. Same with x4 Foundations.

Manual job with two young kids just saps the energy from me these days. I must be getting old :D

Soldato
I thought it was half-decent. Didn't grab me in the same way the original trilogy did but I still enjoyed it.
It had the odd moment but it had no imagination. You have to go a long way to make a story about exploring a whole new galaxy that boring!

I played about 20 hours of it last month and right now I couldn't tell you the names of more than 2 companions (Peebee and I want to say Liam?) honestly can't remember the others and that is a month ago. There's a krogan a Turian and a blonde chick. That's all I got.

Associate
I've been playing through some older games recently:

Outlaws - Good old doom style western shooter, the music is great and the gunplay feels good for a game of it's kind. Found it really hard though, no idea how I used to breeze through it as a kid

Swat 3 - Again, don't remember this being so hard. A lot of enemies pre-firing before I even peep round the corner, feels like I'm being aimbotted! Still pretty good fun though, the AI has glimpses of being brilliant in the way they stack up, breach and clear rooms. Still goes wonky though.

Hidden & Dangerous - Currently playing this and it hasn't aged well, feels awfully clunky and not actually that strategic, it more often than not boils down to knowing where the enemies are and getting your shots off first rather than planning out manoeuvres. Still, it has a lot of nostalgic charm. I'm looking forward to jumping into H&D2 straight after this, not played that in years and remember it being a brilliant game.

A few more on the horizon are Swat 4, Kingpin and maybe Rainbow six. I also fancy another run through Doom 3 and FEAR at some point as well.

Soldato
Just started playing Final Fantasy 14 Online after craving a new MMO to play.

I'm very much enjoying it being a more story driven mmo with a different pace to WOW / ESO. I love the ability to be any class on the one character too; I hate alts!

Associate
Just started playing Final Fantasy 14 Online after craving a new MMO to play.

I tried that once but couldn't get into it ... the gameplay was super slow, and the whole way the game was set up didn't feel enjoyable to me, but I've never liked a regular FF game so maybe that was why ... ESO felt more my pace for just going out and exploring the world, doing some quests and maybe some group dungeons and stuff ... but the DLCs weren't that great of value and I got burned out on the regular game and the few I did own.

Pantheon looks like an interesting upcoming MMO but I think it'd probably be more fun if you went in with a group already established, and I definitely can't swing for a sub.

Soldato
I tried that once but couldn't get into it ... the gameplay was super slow, and the whole way the game was set up didn't feel enjoyable to me, but I've never liked a regular FF game so maybe that was why ... ESO felt more my pace for just going out and exploring the world, doing some quests and maybe some group dungeons and stuff ... but the DLCs weren't that great of value and I got burned out on the regular game and the few I did own.

Pantheon looks like an interesting upcoming MMO but I think it'd probably be more fun if you went in with a group already established, and I definitely can't swing for a sub.

Yep it is slow. I'm enjoying it's pace as I was looking for an MMO to just chill out on after work and that could easily be put down if my wife or daughter needed me.

I loved ESO for a long time and I still do, it's just the combat got a bit stale and I've played it to death. FF14 feels more like an old school mmo to me which I was missing.

Associate
Yep it is slow. I'm enjoying it's pace as I was looking for an MMO to just chill out on after work and that could easily be put down if my wife or daughter needed me.

Yeah I'm certainly at the point where twitchy things are less my go-to and didn't like the light attack weaving in ESO.

I'm kinda hoping something really slow and tactical without being turnbased would pop up ... maybe you could make a bunch of characters and have them all play as a team, which'd mean just for chilling out and running around you could be solo and levelling all your guys but for intense dungeon stuff would still need to find real people as the AI for the members of your team you're not directly controlling wouldn't be good enough for demanding content...

Soldato
Metro Exodus which I'm enjoying, looks good and runs surprisingly well on my Vega 56

Just bought Arkham Knight for a few quid to play after, never got round to it after playing the previous games

Associate
Absolutely none right now. I've gotten myself into that "there's no point playing anything until my new GPU arrives" mindset. Looking forward to being able to play Control at over 20FPS without killing the settings though

Associate
Just finished AC Odyssey, was good but towards the end became a bit of a grind.

I still dabble in WH TW2 but I'm thinking I'll start metro exodus as i haven't played an fps outside of CS-GO for a while. Though i didn't finish 2033, does it matter if i do them in order? I think I've got all three if so (all that money spent on steam sales i better have!).

I think i need a new strategy game to get into as well as I've exhausted the TW series. I like most strategy/builder games (C&C, supcom, DOW etc. and i do enjoy an empire/city builder). Any recommendations?

I will start RDR2 at some point but I'll give the open world RPGs a break for now as I feel like i want to play something else. Anyone else go through phases of playing certain game types?

Associate
Turns out Genshin Impact actually runs on my 9 year old laptop, that was a hell of a surprise ... so I've been giving that a whirl ... I dunno if the store stuff will make it arse later on, but so far I'm having fun running around and exploring.

Associate
Turns out Genshin Impact actually runs on my 9 year old laptop, that was a hell of a surprise ... so I've been giving that a whirl ... I dunno if the store stuff will make it arse later on, but so far I'm having fun running around and exploring.
It's actually pretty good fun yeah, I hit a roadblock in a quest last night and couldn't be bothered to keep playing because it seemed ridiculously difficult before realising I'd run off ahead of the story again. Not surprised it runs for you, the art style lets them cut corners without impacting how good it looks sort of in the same way cel shading does.
Also don't forget it's designed to run on phones

Last edited:
Associate
Prey

Started this after A Plague Tale and so far so good. I'm really enjoying these shorter and more dense type of games. They don't have to be 60 - 100+ hours of bloat.

With that said I've heard great things about Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire and I may give that a whirl next. I've just watched video to get me up to date, having not played the first.

Associate
It's actually pretty good fun yeah, I hit a roadblock in a quest last night and couldn't be bothered to keep playing because it seemed ridiculously difficult before realising I'd run off ahead of the story again. Not surprised it runs for you, the art style lets them cut corners without impacting how good it looks sort of in the same way cel shading does.
Also don't forget it's designed to run on phones

Yeah, the only bit I've found hard so far is this one place where I spent like 5minutes alternating between 2 different freeze characters to make an ice path out to this little island way off ... then at the end of some investigating a level 40 restless tempest spawned - and as they spend so little time on the ground you've just gotta plink away at it with a bow and if it ever did that storm AoE thing it'd 1-shot whatever character I had out ... eventually I gave up after it somehow reset back to full health from half when I'd been at it for 10minutes, I'll go back out there when most of my guys aren't level 10, haha.

Associate
Yeah, the only bit I've found hard so far is this one place where I spent like 5minutes alternating between 2 different freeze characters to make an ice path out to this little island way off ... then at the end of some investigating a level 40 restless tempest spawned - and as they spend so little time on the ground you've just gotta plink away at it with a bow and if it ever did that storm AoE thing it'd 1-shot whatever character I had out ... eventually I gave up after it somehow reset back to full health from half when I'd been at it for 10minutes, I'll go back out there when most of my guys aren't level 10, haha.
If you have Fischl you can hit it with alternating elemental shots with her and Amber while avoiding all the attacks. Game uses MMO logic whereby if you kite an enemy too far from spawn it instantly disengages, returns to the start and full heals

Back
Top Bottom