• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
You are missing my point in general.

Nvidia can now get away with 10% performance gain for 100-150% price increase. They see the demand and now they will set the bar here. By playing their game with your money you will basically ensure you get less for more in the future.

This is my ultimate point.

To be clear. A 3090 wouldnt even show up as an expensive purchase for me. Im more concerned with the poor performance gain and over hype of the card its self.

And OUR point is we don't care about this, and you are saying you don't care about paying it to get that and you are happy with the 3080, so we ALL AGREE: WE DON'T CARE. Can you change the subject now that we all get along nicely??

Associate
No good having a go at people.

I don't do drugs of any kind, I don't drink or smoke or run a car.
Plenty money saved right there.

I'm not "having a go" at anyone.

I'm just saying that it's a sad fact of life that if lots of people say they're happy to pay $500 for the fanciest cup holder, that cup holder is always going to be at least $500. From a pure value point it's never worth $500 unless you like bragging that your cup holder costs that much and that you can afford it; materials and labour for that cup holder just wouldn't ever add up to that amount.

The only way that cup holder would ever drop in price is if enough people say "enough, no more" and just don't go for that all too expensive cup holder. But these cup holders seem to be darn popular for some reason.

Caporegime
You are missing my point in general.

Nvidia can now get away with 10% performance gain for 100-150% price increase. They see the demand and now they will set the bar here. By playing their game with your money you will basically ensure you get less for more in the future.

This is my ultimate point.

To be clear. A 3090 wouldnt even show up as an expensive purchase for me. Im more concerned with the poor performance gain and over hype of the card its self.

But how would me not buying a single 3090 change that? The 1000s of other people have done that damage already so may as well join them,.

And it is a luxury item. The current pair of 2080ti would do if i turn down the details a bit. So it is a totally unnecessary purchase for me.

EDIT: Its more than 10% anyway. Overclocked its 20%-30% for the 100% price increase.

Associate
I don't even need or want one. But now I am going to buy one because I can without any justifIcation. And to basically **** of fx1, because I can. What kind of business model demograhic to i fall into Fx1?
You certainly don't have any luxury items and yes this would show up as a decent expenditure on your account. People who have money tend not to talk about it.
The irony in how you are presenting your argument is palpable. You are certainly not here to save people money are you. lol

fx1

fx1

Associate
I don't even need or want one. But now I am going to buy one because I can without any justifIcation. And to basically **** of fx1, because I can. What kind of business model demograhic to i fall into Fx1?
You certainly don't have any luxury items and yes this would show up as a decent expenditure on your account. People who have money tend not to talk about it.
The irony in how you are presenting your argument is palpable. You are certainly not here to save people money are you. lol

Its £1500.

Its hardly a big purchase on the scale of things. Doesnt make a smart one though does it.

I find it hilarious how people have convinced themselves it makes sense. Heck even the Nvidia shills on youtube who get paid by Nvidia dont even recommend you buy it... and they are being paid to tell you that!

Soldato
Its £1500.

Its hardly a big purchase on the scale of things. Doesnt make a smart one though does it.

I find it hilarious how people have convinced themselves it makes sense. Heck even the Nvidia shills on youtube who get paid by Nvidia dont even recommend you buy it... and they are being paid to tell you that!
We no want a cheap £1500 3090

It got be one of the £1700 ones like the Asus Rog Strix 3090
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44j-as.html

Associate
You say that but a normal 3080 isnt that much faster than a good overclocking 2080ti from 2 years ago. In fact the difference is so small that I was thinking of keeping the 2080ti for another 2 years.

so no, i doubt a mid range 4000 will make the 3090 look 50% of its speed. Looking how Nvidia are doing things and they cant just turn up the wattage to 11 like they did this time (all the none dlss and rt gains from the 3080 came just from the power boost), I suspect we will be looking at a 4080 which will be 10-20% faster than a 3090. So yeah people can finally afford to have 3090 performance.

Will that make a 3090 owner upgrade? I doubt it. In the meantime they have had two years playing 4k games between 60 and 120fps.
This is why i may go 3090.

Associate
We no want a cheap £1500 3090

It got be one of the £1700 ones like the Asus Rog Strix 3090
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44j-as.html

Same. Didn't want a cheapo one. Went for the MSI Gaming X Trio to hopefully get a good queue position (order in at 14:11). Then I can laugh while thousands of people who still wait for their 3080 tell me I'm stupid. I'm not stupid, I can just afford it (because I'm not stupid and have a decent job) so I decided to pay for it rather than wait for a 3080. At least I'm gonna get what I've paid for some time soon rather than troll people that I'm envious of.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Same. Didn't want a cheapo one. Went for the MSI Gaming X Trio to hopefully get a good queue position (order in at 14:11). Then I can laugh while thousands of people who still wait for their 3080 tell me I'm stupid. I'm not stupid, I can just afford it (because I'm not stupid and have a decent job) so I decided to pay for it rather than wait for a 3080. At least I'm gonna get what I've paid for some time soon rather than troll people that I'm envious of.

You will probably be waiting longer than everyone waiting for the 3080 on launch day.

There is also zero stock.

There was 350 3080's on launch day with thousands arriving each week in to top 3 sellers.

There was single digits for the 3090's.

Caporegime
You will probably be waiting longer than everyone waiting for the 3080 on launch day.

There is also zero stock.

There was 350 3080's on launch day with thousands arriving each week in to top 3 sellers.

There was single digits for the 3090's.

And there was single digits and zero for some 3080s. Some 3080s are still zero.

But you reckon its better to be 2000th in a queue for a 3080 than 5th in a queue for a 3090?

fx1

fx1

Associate
And there was single digits and zero for some 3080s. Some 3080s are still zero.

But you reckon its better to be 2000th in a queue for a 3080 than 5th in a queue for a 3090?

A retailer has said that they are halfway through their preorders already. EVGA has said they expect there to be free stock available in stores in October.

Nvidia said there is no shortage of 3080's but 3090's will be very limited.

Caporegime
A retailer has said that they are halfway through their preorders already. EVGA has said they expect there to be free stock available in stores in October.

Nvidia said there is no shortage of 3080's but 3090's will be very limited.

Easy to be half way through your pre orders if you stopped pre order at 100 and you have 50 cards a week coming in.

And that retailer you mentioned has said depending on the model, it will take them until end of October to catch up.

Some less popular models like Palit will be in stock quicker. I think after 2 days ocuk had only sold 69 so once a second batch comes in you have caught up.

Itys a bit more difficult if you have 2500 of one card like ocuk or 20,000 like Amazon Germany. 50 cards a week dont knock many off the 20,000 list./

fx1

fx1

Associate
Easy to be half way through your pre orders if you stopped pre order at 100 and you have 50 cards a week coming in.

And that retailer you mentioned has said depending on the model, it will take them until end of October to catch up.

Some less popular models like Palit will be in stock quicker. I think after 2 days ocuk had only sold 69 so once a second batch comes in you have caught up.

Itys a bit more difficult if you have 2500 of one card like ocuk or 20,000 like Amazon Germany. 50 cards a week dont knock many off the 20,000 list./

They stopped taking orders at 500 cards per model.

unlike OCUK who have no limit on their preorders.

The issue isnt cards. its GPU cores. There is a lack of 3090 cores and that will be the case going forward. They are close to Teslas they sell for $5000 Most chips are either Teslas or 3080's

Associate
They stopped taking orders at 500 cards per model.

unlike OCUK who have no limit on their preorders.

The issue isnt cards. its GPU cores. There is a lack of 3090 cores and that will be the case going forward. They are close to Teslas they sell for $5000 Most chips are either Teslas or 3080's

the reason for the premium price.

I read 30 3080s were arriving today out of the 17000 orders made at OC

I’d rather be in no. 5 in the queue for a 3090 instead of 11670 for a 3080.

fx1

fx1

Associate
the reason for the premium price.

I read 30 3080s were arriving today out of the 17000 orders made at OC

I’d rather be in no. 5 in the queue for a 3090 instead of 11670 for a 3080.

Well considering MSI 3080's have been delayed 2 weeks its not looking any better for 3090's

Id be interested in understanding how people know they are 5 in the queue..

Associate
Well considering MSI 3080's have been delayed 2 weeks its not looking any better for 3090's

Id be interested in understanding how people know they are 5 in the queue..

I ordered the Asus Strix OC at 1:58. There’s a list here with the first order and OC order number. There’s a whole thread about it lol.

Associate
Its £1500.

I have a 3090 coming at the end of the week and its not because i have "convinced" myself, its because i want it. If i want to spend my money on only a 10-15% upgrade then that's my choice, whether you see it as worth it is irrelevant in my eyes and probably others as well.

Associate
I have an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra arriving next week. It's amazing how the purchase of a GPU can rattle the cages of so many people online who state they have zero interest in actually buying one themselves.

Associate
I have an EVGA XC3 Ultra arriving next week. It's amazing how the purchase of a GPU can rattle the cages of so many people online who state they have zero interest in actually buying one themselves.

hope it turns up mate it’s the one I was after. Have you had a delayed email ? Few I know that got it from the other big U.K. outlet got emails today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom