• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Associate
Any one tried it yet?

I do have a question tho... how is it dialling in the volts and clock speed? Via Ryzen Master?

Does that mean every time you start the PC you must start Ryzen Master as well to dial in the settings?

I've never installed or used Ryzen Master before.

I'll let you know in a bit but my Mobo is on the supported but duff list.

Soldato
Ah ok, Homepage is Twitter account and it states its a bug and to wait for Hotfix. Oh well fun while it lasted.

One thing I still dont get is once you do apply it how does it keep the settings!?

Soldato
once you've run it you have the option to create and apply profile, and there is a toggle for applying at start up.

Gotcha, it just uses the Ryzen Master SDK to apply and save the profiles you dont need to have Ryzen Master open

I'm hit by the bug anyway, not sure what causes it but the Reference frequency is showing as 6525! Nice to know I have a Platinum sample CPU though, will be good to see what happens when its fixed

It also takes me to the Cinebench homepage as if to download it when its already installed, not sure why that is either

Associate
Gotcha, it just uses the Ryzen Master SDK to apply and save the profiles you dont need to have Ryzen Master open

I'm hit by the bug anyway, not sure what causes it but the Reference frequency is showing as 6525! Nice to know I have a Platinum sample CPU though, will be good to see what happens when its fixed

It also takes me to the Cinebench homepage as if to download it when its already installed, not sure why that is either

Ditto with the direct to download CB20. CB20 is in the folder required.

Soldato
So I have just had a very quick play, no extra tweaking.

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
3900X (crappy silver sample, t'was an early one)

Default cinebench score: 6877 @ 142 watts, all 3901/3901/3901/3901mhz
Clocktuner score: 7550 @ 154 watts, 4325/4325/4250/4250mhz

Previous Cinebench score with PBO etc; 7208

So Cinebench is giving me a 9.7% increase over default and 4.7% increase over PBO results with all limits off

For games

Gears of War 5 default - CPU (game) - 290.7fps, CPU (render) 220.3fps
Gears of War 5 Clocktuner - CPU (game) - 292.2fps, CPU (render) 225.0fps

Ashes default - CPU average all batches 128.9fps
Ashes Clocktuner - CPU average all batches 128.4fps

So a definite significant improvement in cinebench, small couple of percent improvement in gears and tiny regression in Ashes

I did notice that it's running a good 5-8c cooler though which is better than a kick in the teeth.

Associate
So I have just had a very quick play, no extra tweaking.

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
3900X (crappy silver sample, t'was an early one)

Default cinebench score: 6877 @ 142 watts, all 3901/3901/3901/3901mhz
Clocktuner score: 7550 @ 154 watts, 4325/4325/4250/4250mhz

Previous Cinebench score with PBO etc; 7208

So Cinebench is giving me a 9.7% increase over default and 4.7% increase over PBO results with all limits off

For games

Gears of War 5 default - CPU (game) - 290.7fps, CPU (render) 220.3fps
Gears of War 5 Clocktuner - CPU (game) - 292.2fps, CPU (render) 225.0fps

Ashes default - CPU average all batches 128.9fps
Ashes Clocktuner - CPU average all batches 128.4fps

So a definite significant improvement in cinebench, small couple of percent improvement in gears and tiny regression in Ashes

I did notice that it's running a good 5-8c cooler though which is better than a kick in the teeth.

Looks good that. I still can't get it run, it will complete the benchmark but other than that it reboots the machine as does the sum of jack.

Associate
My machine just reboots when I click start and does nothing. I don't think it plays well with my Mobo.

Same here, also using the same motherboard as you. Asrock x570 Taichi. I tried changing LLC to both "2" and "Auto" as well.

The diagnostic will run okay though pretty much, and says my 3900X is a silver sample.

Soldato
My machine ran the diagnostics ok, managed cinebench after pressing start but then rebooted itself. Ram is running AXMP 2 (3600 CL16), X570 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3600 with decent cooling. Followed the pre-setup instructions, no other changes to the system, and I set LLC to 3 as per the instuctions for MSI boards.

update - worked ok second try.

I get a message that LLC needs to be lower, however, so not sure whether to go to 4, 2 or back to auto with that

Last edited:
Associate
My to I am on x370. Asus prime pro and the 3959x. After the diagnosic (gold sample) I hit start button. After 5 minuuts a reboot. Averything on auto and llc on level 3. Any reason why?

Permabanned
Doesnt the Ryzen tuner enable hpet though? I would still manually overclock as hpet on will be a performance and latency loss. Thats why there is no more bios toggle because things like this can override the off toggles somepeople use and thus you no longer use TMC and better timers.

It also causes microstutter but that was Ryzen tools but i suspect clock tuners the same thing. This is why no one listnened to me when i said your getting motherboards now with no toggles and no way to secure against the hpet abomonation.

Had the boards of had the toggle, I would have had peice of mind but you now need to spend time checking to see if they are still doing it.

Soldato
3800x previously had it undervolted by 0.1, was getting 5024 multicore on Cinebench, the tool has set all core to 4350/4375 at 1.275 and im now getting 5200.

Back
Top Bottom