***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
This just arrived today. I'm a big fan of Bruno Jensons designs and already have a couple of his MOCs that were "reproduced" by Mould King. Such solid designs.

This is his version of the Ferarri 488 Pista produced directly in conjunction with Cada. And it's a beauty.

Working remote controlled flappy paddles behind the steering wheel? Unreal.

The box is a work of art too. It's hard to photograph but it's a deeply embossed glossy image on there. Awesome stuff. Puts Lego to shame really.

Can't wait to get started on this. Bring on the rainy days!

qaqmicH.jpg

Associate
From a guy called Joying Wang. (joooooy.com) He responds to Emails instantly and is the only guy that ships to the UK with the original box. At a very reasonable price.

I ordered this on the 17th and it arrived today via Royal Mail. Fully tracked all the way.

Couldn't recommend him more highly.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Why is this called the Official Lego Thread when it's full of cheap Chinese knock-offs? Start your own Official Chinese Knock-off Thread....

Associate
I wondered how long that would take.

It's not a knock off. It's a bespoke product.

Lego is after all a "knock off" of a certain British company. If you know your history.

Associate
I used to be the biggest , most loyal Lego fanbois. I loved the product. But I love cars more. And Lego cars are just , well , they're kinda just crap basically (yes I have built quite a few)

Lego don't employ designers who can do a good car. Hence the MOC world. And people like Bruno Jenson, who is actually employed in the automotive industry and who knows how to design a car.

My money goes there. Like it or not.

Associate
Cada are good. Different but good. I like their panels better than Lego in some respects - especially with regards to ejector marks and mould release agent staining!

Mould King stuff is rock solid 100% better in colour matching than Lego these days. The blacks they produce are totally black. Unlike Lego. I'm looking at you Mr Big Batmobile. Never mind the Dodge Charger - ewww. Horrible. Just horrible.

Associate
Just one more thing. If Lego had released that 3,200 piece Ferrari , with all the motors and the 2.4Ghz remote control and fancy packaging.

How much would it have cost? £450 plus?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Cada are good. Different but good. I like their panels better than Lego in some respects - especially with regards to ejector marks and mould release agent staining!

Mould King stuff is rock solid 100% better in colour matching than Lego these days. The blacks they produce are totally black. Unlike Lego. I'm looking at you Mr Big Batmobile. Never mind the Dodge Charger - ewww. Horrible. Just horrible.
LEGO has to conform to myriad EU regulations regarding safety and environmental standards. I suspect Chinese standards are somewhat lower.
Just one more thing. If Lego had released that 3,200 piece Ferrari , with all the motors and the 2.4Ghz remote control and fancy packaging.

How much would it have cost? £450 plus?
Look up the terms "licensing" and "copyright".

Associate
LEGO has to conform to myriad EU regulations regarding safety and environmental standards. I suspect Chinese standards are somewhat lower.

Is that why China can maybe produce a better product nowadays? Because they can. And they are. And that's a fact.

Lego is now produced where BTW? Here's a clue for you. It aint Denmark.

Last edited:
Associate
Well. That's easy. I bought a set of Stickers to go with my "knock off" Ferrari . Also from China.

And if that upsets some corporate lawyer somewhere? Good!

Why do people feel the need to protect this?

Caporegime
Well. That's easy. I bought a set of Stickers to go with my "knock off" Ferrari . Also from China.

And if that upsets some corporate lawyer somewhere? Good!

Why do people feel the need to protect this?

Try post about ROMs in the gaming forum, try posting about buying fake Prada, try posting about bragging downloading movies. Those posts gets deleted.

Sure, it’s something people do all the time but we don’t brag about it on here and certainly don’t embrace it and be proud of it openly.

People protect intellectual copyright because it is someone’s hard work. If people don’t steal and rip-off their IP, then they wouldn’t need lawyers.

Associate
Intellectual copyright? Are you for real? It's a bunch of plastic bricks and a few logo stickers on it.

FFS. Some people just want to argue the toss about anything.

Get off your high horse before it throws you off.

I'm done here. Attention seekers.

Caporegime
Intellectual copyright? Are you for real? It's a bunch of plastic bricks and a few logo stickers on it.

FFS. Some people want argue the toss about anything.

I'm done here.

Yes, I know you know I am right. Hence you originally completely sidestepped the subject and only half quoted the post when it came up. There is nothing to “argue” here because it is black and white and you are totally 100% in the wrong.

You know it too.

Back
Top Bottom