XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Quick question - I currently have the basic £3.99 for PC only xbox gamepass active at the moment - do I need to cancel that before I do this 3 year Ultimate thing?

Again, I'm only interested in the PC gamepass here but If I can get 3 years for £90 (as it's going up to £8 a month soon), I'll be well happy...
I'd also like to know this having just entered my first month of £3.99 after the £1 introductory offer.
to copy my post from the PC gaming's Xbox Pass topic:

I don't think you need to cancel...

To test I've got the £1 upgrade offer I checked in my Xbox Win10 app - click the Xbox button (top left) then "My Subscription" in the middle of the page, then scroll down and there's an "upgrade" button with a £1.00 cost. Small print on that page also mentions converting up to 36 months. So, I think we're good to go...

So, went to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and I'm midway through a £1 trial month for PC Game Pass, so turned off recurring billing (didn't cancel).

Bought 12 month Xbox Live game codes from CD Keys. (personally didn't get the Brazil ones, as I'm happy to exploit M$'s offer, but personally think it's a little fraudulent to claim via Brazil VPN). I entered 1 code through the XBox App and it worked fine, then the other via the account page linked above. I only bought 2 years worth, so clicked enable recurring billing to get an extra month free each time (need to remember to have it disabled to start with and then disable again after the 1st, to get it again...) so, now my account page says I have Xbox Gold to Nov 2022.

So, now I click on Upgrade on the account website and paid £1 (checked in Paypal).

Now, here's where it gets weird... I've just refreshed the account page and it now says Xbox Game Pass Unlimited with the next charge being Jan 2023?!?!? So, I'm confused how it's jumped my next membership renewal from Nov 2022 to Jan 2023 - I guess it's the remaining time on my PC Game Pass added on?!? - but I'll take it ;)

TLDR - (check you have the £1 offer on your account). No need to cancel PC sub, just whack in the codes either through Xbox app or website, then Upgrade on the website...

Soldato
Hey guys. I'm tempted to give this a go. I can see 'Get your first month of ultimate for £1' when signing in to xbox.com. Does this mean it's likely to work after adding a Live sub?

Last edited:
Soldato
Now, here's where it gets weird... I've just refreshed the account page and it now says Xbox Game Pass Unlimited with the next charge being Jan 2023?!?!? So, I'm confused how it's jumped my next membership renewal from Nov 2022 to Jan 2023 - I guess it's the remaining time on my PC Game Pass added on?!? - but I'll take it ;)
The extra 2 free months?

Associate
The extra 2 free months?
yeah, the extra 2 free months (well 6 weeks) on top of the 2 free months I got from each 12M card...

I paid for 2 x 12 months, and got a free month for each when I accepted recurring billing each time. So, Sep 2020 -> Nov 2022 makes sense, and that's what the accounts management website said after I entered both 12 month codes. But, when I upgraded to Ultimate it seemed to give me ~6 weeks more months for free?!? I think 2 weeks were the outstanding PC Game Pass time, but no idea where the extra month came from. At the end of the day, 1 month isn't much, but I seem to have got 27.5 months of Ultimate from paying for 24 months Gold + £1.

Associate
So i've got a bunch of XBox Live now, but am only seeing:

lYMbDqC.png

I'm guessing that's different to the upgrade option for £1?
that looks like it, but to be sure login to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ with your xbox account and see if there's an upgrade option there.

At the end of the day, you can't have both Gold and Ultimate sub on the same account, so if you've got Gold subbed for the next couple years then any "join ultimate" offer will presumably be an upgrade. There should be a load of small print on the page, so just check that.

Soldato
that looks like it, but to be sure login to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ with your xbox account and see if there's an upgrade option there.

At the end of the day, you can't have both Gold and Ultimate sub on the same account, so if you've got Gold subbed for the next couple years then any "join ultimate" offer will presumably be an upgrade. There should be a load of small print on the page, so just check that.

Cheers mate - I see the upgrade option. Should be good to go!

Soldato
I have just skim read some of these posts sounds like Xbox have made the whole process really obvious! I am on a £1 - 1 month deal to get flight sim 20, can i cancel and get another month for a quid or not?

Soldato
Hi All,

With the Brazillian offer would I need to create a separate account and then use VPN to log in and redeem code ? Or can I just input Brazil key into my current account,

TIA

Soldato
No worries, I too was excited for 10s until I realised it wasn't that cheap :D

I ordered the codes from electronicfirst.com last night and they still haven't sent them. We're they this slow for you?

They asked to confirm that I want Brazil codes and not UK and I replied, yet no further response.

Soldato
I ordered the codes from electronicfirst.com last night and they still haven't sent them. We're they this slow for you?

They asked to confirm that I want Brazil codes and not UK and I replied, yet no further response.

Yes first they asked for mobile and address as first order.

Then asked to confirm I wanted brazil ones. They responded right away, I ordered about 19.00

Soldato
Yes first they asked for mobile and address as first order.

Then asked to confirm I wanted brazil ones. They responded right away, I ordered about 19.00

Thanks mate , just sent them a quick email and they responded with the codes.

Will input them when I'm back on night shift tonight. Back to sleep :D.

Back
Top Bottom