What type of tiles above a bay window?

Soldato
The tiles that are above my bay window are in a shoddy state so I'm going to get someone to come round and replace them.
However, what type of tiles to I need to buy? Can I get normal roof tiles and use that instead?

Cheers all!

Associate
You can use normal roof tiles. Convention is to match what is on the main roof but it doesn’t really matter. You could have copper with standing seams of you want.

Associate
We used a smaller version of what's on the roof as the full size ones would have looked weird as its quite a small bay roof. The builder doing the job sourced them though.

Soldato
The tiles that are above my bay window are in a shoddy state so I'm going to get someone to come round and replace them.
However, what type of tiles to I need to buy? Can I get normal roof tiles and use that instead?

Cheers all!

What type of tiles do you have over your bay at the moment cos generally a tile is a tile, you just match with whats already there. Your last sentence implies that you have something different?

Associate
Different slates and tiles have different minimum pitch ratings.

so the answer is - it depends on the pitch angle of your bay window

Soldato
OP
What type of tiles do you have over your bay at the moment cos generally a tile is a tile, you just match with whats already there. Your last sentence implies that you have something different?
Yeah they seem different to my roof tiles. I think the bay window tiles were put in after the roof was done as they don't match at all.

However there has been an adjustment to my plan, the Green Deal came into affect yesterday.
I have no cavity wall insulation as my house was build in the 1930s so I can apply for external wall insulation which means I can get rid of the tiles out the front and just go complete render!

Just in case anyone needs a link

https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/

Soldato
Going by what you've just written I think everyone including myself had assumed you meant tiles that were attached on the roof of the bay window but I take it you were meaning your bay wall was clad in tiles?

Back
Top Bottom