• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ordered a 3080 Asus TUF on 17 @ 1730 hrs after significant pain to get order completed that afternoon.
Gigabyte Vision becomes available so order as soon as posted in here to see if i could be at the front of that queue and the Vision working better with my black and white build.
Noting the 1 3080 per customer suggestion, I contacted OcUK last week to establish which order it would be best to keep. I left the call waiting for the Queue system to appear and leave me enough info to base my deciosion on. This morning I have been emailed to saying my Vision is cancelled (my prefered option) and the Asus (unofficial queue 964) remains in place. Not sure what they are thinking when communication would have resolved the double order but there is a complete lack of it!

Hmm, I did similar. Ordered the AORUS Master on 21st, then saw Vision go live on 22nd and ordered, always intending to cancel one. In the absence of an official queue or much in the way of information from Gigabyte, sent a webnote. But wondering if I'd be better just cancelling the order for the Master, since I also plan a black and white build...Vision probably works best.

Associate
I am fully aware that this thread is there.

I was saying it would be a good idea to update even if there isn’t stock.

At least if people know there isn’t a delivery of stock then that’s one less thing people can have to guess l.

Exactly, that thread went 4 days with no update, it should have a daily update whether there is any Data to give or just "No Information Today Folks".
That would go a long way to assuring everybody that they actually value our custom and waiting for months.

Staying silent is just a kick in the teeth and breeds hostility.

Associate
Hmm, I did similar. Ordered the AORUS Master on 21st, then saw Vision go live on 22nd, always intending to cancel one. In the absence of an official queue or much in the way of information from Gigabyte, sent a webnote. But wondering if I'd be better just cancelling the order for the Master, since I also plan a black and white build...Vision probably works best.
Sorry matey, they may do the same to you. calling CS now to see what can be done... My son would have had the ASUS once i got the Vision to replace his 1080, but i am not allowed to buy another card apparantly... bizzare.

Associate
Sorry matey, they may do the same to you. calling CS now to see what can be done... My son would have had the ASUS once i got the Vision to replace his 1080, but i am not allowed to buy another card apparantly... bizzare.

I totally get not allowing more than one card purchase but not allowing you to choose which one is a bit off :)

Sod it, cancelled the AORUS Master order...watch them cancel my Vision order now or a buttload of Master stock come in :D

Soldato
Today is the last day you can swap - from 01/10 it will be cancel and reorder if you want a different card.

As you've paid via Amazon we cannot charge extra, therefore any increase cannot be processed and you'd need to cancel and reorder if the card was more expensive.

Yourself and everyone else with a pending pre order for an RTX card should get an email with a Q position by the end of this week.

This the answer from Staff.

I can’t understand why they haven’t clarified on the forum.

Associate
Exactly, that thread went 4 days with no update, it should have a daily update whether there is any Data to give or just "No Information Today Folks".
That would go a long way to assuring everybody that they actually value our custom and waiting for months.

Staying silent is just a kick in the teeth and breeds hostility.

God forbid the guy has a WEEKEND.

Honestly... Cannot believe how ridiculous a large portion of the people in these threads are being over a luxury item.

Associate
I know people are busy trying to cite production difficulties, but that doesn't really fly when you look at the facts.

Ampere was announced way back in March and has been in production since before that. The GPU technology Nvidia is offering is cribbed from its other technologies as has been commented on by other sources, this is not specifically a graphics technology, it's been made to fit - very successfully into that mould. We knew the RTX3080 was likely to be announced in March, Covid delayed it, and we know from internet sources production ceased on previous Turing chips back in mid Summer.
Board stuffers Foxconn are capable of producing mind boggling quantities of boards stuffed with far more components than RTX boards, so the bottleneck isn't there, nor does it lie in the GDDRx memory which once proved an issue with RTX20 series card, there are no reports of shortages on the net.

So that leads me to think that there is the possibility that Nvidia delayed full release until the capacitor issue identified by colorful (Spetember 15th) confirmed by EVGA was fully sorted. Nvidia has stated yields of Ampere are good, so my feeling is that there will be larger deliveries possibly by container later in the month.

It's only a theory though, but one supported by the statements of the companies involved.

Soldato
I know people are busy trying to cite production difficulties, but that doesn't really fly when you look at the facts.

Ampere was announced way back in March and has been in production since before that.

The chips might have been (doubt it though) but several AIBs have said to YouTubers that they didn’t start production until mid-August (IIRC).

TrM

TrM

Associate

Ampere was announced way back in March and has been in production since before that. The GPU technology Nvidia is offering is cribbed from its other technologies as has been commented on by other sources, this is not specifically a graphics technology, it's been made to fit - very successfully into that mould. We knew the RTX3080 was likely to be announced in March, Covid delayed it, and we know from internet sources production ceased on previous Turing chips back in mid Summer.
Board stuffers Foxconn are capable of producing mind boggling quantities of boards stuffed with far more components than RTX boards, so the bottleneck isn't there, nor does it lie in the GDDRx memory which once proved an issue with RTX20 series card, there are no reports of shortages on the net.

So that leads me to think that there is the possibility that Nvidia delayed full release until the capacitor issue identified by colorful (Spetember 15th) confirmed by EVGA was fully sorted. Nvidia has stated yields of Ampere are good, so my feeling is that there will be larger deliveries possibly by container later in the month.

It's only a theory though, but one supported by the statements of the companies involved.

nvidia have come forward and said that cards was In production since august. The march part you are referring to is the chips the self. Now whilst the chips may be plentiful only giving manufacturers 6 weeks total to start making cards is not a lot of leeway and giving them 3 cards to make makes it even worse.

pc partner in a article I read said they can make about 400k a month on there production lines and that’s then split between 3080 3070 3090 for zotac plus sapphire ones for amd for the 6000 series cards also I know that just 1 manufacture but gives u as good idea how low the stock was on launch day for 3 SKU of nvidia cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom