• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
It appears that the prices being asked for the 11's have dropped already, but they will certainly fall again once the 12 is released. If you can hang on a little bit longer, you should save a little, but if not, you will save over what the prices were a month ago. :)

Yes, I've seen this, I'm tempted to hang on just a little while to see what changes price-wise. However this is a fairly good Quidco deal that may well disappear once the 12 is released, so that may mitigate any savings. I don't think I'll be in a terrible position either way.

Associate
Anyone still hoping for 120hz on the iPhone 12 Pro Max model? I have never seen so many mixed leaks on a feature being there/not being there. I'm hopeful but overall in the camp thinking they will stick to 60hz even if it's a 120hz panel installed.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Anyone still hoping for 120hz on the iPhone 12 Pro Max model? I have never seen so many mixed leaks on a feature being there/not being there. I'm hopeful but overall in the camp thinking they will stick to 60hz even if it's a 120hz panel installed.

Think its pretty much been confirmed that its not coming at this point

Soldato

Rumours of 120hz, but only on the Pro Max, are sneaking back in. This would be a shame, since I don't like iOS on supersized devices. High refresh on the standard Pro is what I (was) hoping for, but am now resigned to going with Android and choosing from one of the dozens of devices which have had no problems adding 120hz.

Associate
:( That makes me a very sad Panda. I love 120hz and have switched between so many phones and eco systems in the past few years.

iPhone 11 Pro Max
Google Pixel 4 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung S20 Ultra
OnePlus 7 Pro

I have ended up using the iPhone 11 pro max with mostly android eco system apps installed, Google Photos, Google Calendar etc. However I envision I will be upgrading to the iPhone 12 as I love the design so much. iPhone 4 was one of my favourite phone designs of all time.

I might even brave using it without a case!

Commissario
I don’t care about 120Hz. Not in the slightest.

(Note, every time someone writes ‘hz’, part of me dies. It’s Hz, not hz. Mr Hertz would be turning in his grave)

Soldato
I don’t care about 120Hz. Not in the slightest.

(Note, every time someone writes ‘hz’, part of me dies. It’s Hz, not hz. Mr Hertz would be turning in his grave)

Have you used a device with 120hz? When people say they don't care it's usually because they haven't experienced the difference, or believe it's going to shaft the battery life on their phones. I also notice that many people who favour Apple products don't care about high refresh screens (an opinion I've gained from reddit) and I believe that come the 120hz iPhone 13s, many of those people will miraculously change their tune.

Re: hz/Hz, I'm aware of the requirement for capitals, but I long ago stopped judging spelling/grammar on forums and don't spend a lot of time hunting for perfection in my own. Though an all-capitals a lot still has the power to make me wince :p

Commissario
Yup, I've used a 120Hz iPad and I didn't get excited about it.

On the subject of Hz - Remember my background is in radio so that's why it has that effect on me because we measure in Hz (kHz, MHz, etc) all the time.

Associate
Yup, I've used a 120Hz iPad and I didn't get excited about it.

On the subject of Hz - Remember my background is in radio so that's why it has that effect on me because we measure in Hz (kHz, MHz, etc) all the time.
Well there you go, you learn something new everyday! I will make sure to use "Hz" instead of "hz" from now on. :D

I'm surprised it's something you didn't get that excited about to be honest, most people I have spoke to have said it's really hard to go back to a 60hz display. This includes myself who has used a variety.

Different strokes for different folks!

However apple should make it a standard as soon as they can on their phones as there is not much reason not to in my opinion. In fact if the rumours are correct the iPhone 12 will ship with a 120Hz panel it's just not enabled.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

:( That makes me a very sad Panda. I love 120hz and have switched between so many phones and eco systems in the past few years.

iPhone 11 Pro Max
Google Pixel 4 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung S20 Ultra
OnePlus 7 Pro

I have ended up using the iPhone 11 pro max with mostly android eco system apps installed, Google Photos, Google Calendar etc. However I envision I will be upgrading to the iPhone 12 as I love the design so much. iPhone 4 was one of my favourite phone designs of all time.

I might even brave using it without a case!

My plan is to use the 12 pro for the year and then next year when Apple finally come to their senses, I buy the 13 outright and keep it for a few years

Soldato
I've got a 120Hz iPad (and used a 120Hz/144Hz monitors for the last 10 years) and as much as I want 120Hz on a my phone I don't find myself ever thinking "Man I wish my phone was 120Hz". Though if I was using a 120Hz phone daily maybe and tried going back to a 60Hz one, I may feel differently.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to sit out the 12 series. Sine the AUP has come out in the UK I've been upgrading every year but want to move back to upgrading every 2 years. The 11 Pro is more phone than i currently need

Soldato
I'm on a 6s at the mo, 60Hz/120Hz doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just want a phone that's the same sort of size as my 6s but newer and faster...
Choice is currently the 2020SE, just waiting for the 12mini or whatever they call it before I buy something, just hope Apple doesn't let me down with bits I want the same as they have with the Bo2 sensors on the Series 6 watch.

Associate
I've got a 120Hz iPad (and used a 120Hz/144Hz monitors for the last 10 years) and as much as I want 120Hz on a my phone I don't find myself ever thinking "Man I wish my phone was 120Hz". Though if I was using a 120Hz phone daily maybe and tried going back to a 60Hz one, I may feel differently.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to sit out the 12 series. Sine the AUP has come out in the UK I've been upgrading every year but want to move back to upgrading every 2 years. The 11 Pro is more phone than i currently need
and h
Having been using the Samsung S20+ and One Plus 7 pro it certainly is nice and yoy notice it at first, I also have an 11 Pro max I purchased 6 months back which I keep going back to despite being an Android user for the last 8 years or so.

Basically, I have the S20+ on eBay and I'm keeping the Iphone for the simple reason that when I look at my actual requirements of what is a must have on a phone i.e. Amazing camera, great battery life etc. The s20+ camera is great MOST of the time but when I'm taking pictures of my kids I want it to be consistently good. Also, those fangled 120Hz phones drain the battery at a rate of knots. I turned it off on my S20+ as the battery was being drained quickly, I also got a program to force 96Hz but only had negliable difference.

Testing side by side , the S20+ feels slicker due to the 120Hz, reality is that after 30 mins or so you don't notice where as you wll noticed your Phone dying not even getting through a day on medium usage. If I can have a phone that does both I'm all for it.

The 11 Pro Max is very good and I'm eager to see the 12 pro Max even without 120Hz..

Soldato
Has anyone here bought on the 0% payment plan before? Usually I use a 0% purchases credit card but not sure it will arrive in time to order, is the checkout process too long to get a phone on day one? Don't want to miss out because I spent 10 minutes filling in 3 years of addresses etc.

Soldato
I got my watch on the intro to Paypal credit deal, uses your existing Paypal details so was easy enough, that what you mean or the new thing they're pushing with Barclays (which is weird in itself as they're moving away from Barclays)..

Soldato
I got my watch on the intro to Paypal credit deal, uses your existing Paypal details so was easy enough, that what you mean or the new thing they're pushing with Barclays (which is weird in itself as they're moving away from Barclays)..

Yes Barclays, the current 11 Pro it's listed as 24 month 0% loan from Barclays. Meh I'll just order another credit card, hopefully it arrives in time.

Back
Top Bottom