• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Even the best WiFi isn't good enough for fighting games.

Possibly not, dont think I have played one since Battle Arena Toshinden though. :p

However both myself(PC) and Son(PC/Xbox) game online a lot and have no issues using 802.11ac wifi. Just that a good wifi setup is not as poor as it used to be. That said I would prefer wired and anything near the router is wired. ;)

Shame Series X is not WiFi 6, would be an excuse to upgrade.

Man of Honour
Possibly not, dont think I have played one since Battle Arena Toshinden though. :p

However both myself(PC) and Son(PC/Xbox) game online a lot and have no issues using 802.11ac wifi. Just that a good wifi setup is not as poor as it used to be. That said I would prefer wired and anything near the router is wired. ;)

To be fair, if I didn't play fighting games I'd probably have used WiFi rather than routing my Ethernet cables through wall ducts.

Soldato

Playing via wi-fi is fine generally but fighting games and FPS games you do benefit from using a LAN cable. My PS4 went from 35MB down wi-fi to 75MB down using a LAN cable. My latency is much more stable in Apex Legends for example. No more rubber banding or lag.

Soldato
I'll be playing Gamepass stuff at launch. Cyberpunk is tempting, but the big series X update is in 2021 and I want to experience this game at it's best!

Soldato
I'll be playing Gamepass stuff at launch. Cyberpunk is tempting, but the big series X update is in 2021 and I want to experience this game at it's best!
I didn’t realise that, I’ll wait it out, thanks.

I’m tempted to pick up fallen order as it had good reviews and is cheap, other than that I’ll go through game pass and some of red dead in my library.

Man of Honour

I’m tempted to pick up fallen order as it had good reviews and is cheap, other than that I’ll go through game pass and some of red dead in my library.

Fallen Order is excellent. I still need to play Red Dead - although it now seems to be off Game Pass?

Soldato
But you could be waiting ages! Get a play through in straight away, forget about it and then another go in 2021. I'm sure they've already said the Series X upgraded version would be free if you've already bought the game.. that's just more value for money..

Man of Honour
But you could be waiting ages! Get a play through in straight away, forget about it and then another go in 2021. I'm sure they've already said the Series X upgraded version would be free if you've already bought the game.. that's just more value for money..

This is what I'll be doing, second playthrough can be on the upgraded version. I suspect they'll put most effort into patches - going off their previous games this could take a while.

Soldato
Fallen Order is excellent. I still need to play Red Dead - although it now seems to be off Game Pass?

i didnt realise red dead had gone to game pass, I bought it when it first came out. I’m coming from an original Xbox one and I read that they really struggled with fallen order so never bothered, I think it’s only about £20 on cdkeys.

Man of Honour
Nothing next gen for me yet, but to play at launch, Assasins Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077, not really looked beyond that, actually Flight Sim 2020 I hope will be great on series x, no idea when that's releasing on console though.

I've pre-ordered a Series X mainly as I've gone from X360 to XB1X but Flight Sim 2020 does have me eying a Desktop Build; that said I'm struggling to reconcile the cost of a decent build v just buying the Xbox

Soldato

I wouldn't pick it up now as it's been out over a year and ea play is part of game pass I'd expect it to land on there very soon

Of course game is great so if you do pick it up you won't be disappointed

Associate
Just pre-ordered a series s just for use with game pass and backwards compatibility with original Xbox/360.
Debating cancelling my ps5 as it seems expensive paying 70 quid a game (only used for exclusives) and another online fee, gamepass ultimate works out so well with pc + xbox

Back
Top Bottom