Old blocks

Associate
What does everyone do with their old water blocks?

I have some really old Danger Den motherboard blocks (probably from my Opteron days ~ 2003) and a Chrome Danger Den GPU block which seems just too nice to throw. Also have a Swiftech Storm just laying about.

I'd hate to just bin the stuff but it's been in boxes for 10+ years.

Soldato
Same with virtually all my old PC gear, I carefully store them in various plaggy bags and cardboard boxes and stash them in the loft or cupboards I never use, with the thought of "one day, I will build a retro pc/media pc/second pc for the sake of it (delete as appropriate) out of all this stuff".

Soldato
Same with virtually all my old PC gear, I carefully store them in various plaggy bags and cardboard boxes and stash them in the loft or cupboards I never use, with the thought of "one day, I will build a retro pc/media pc/second pc for the sake of it (delete as appropriate) out of all this stuff".

Haha, exactly this.

Soldato
recycle it or something? from images I seen lots of metal, better then chucking it.

I usually try to sell the bits on at same time I get rid of components for this reason, can get hard to shift otherwise.

Associate
I have a lot of old and new cpus, hdd's, ssd's, gpu's, motherboards and ram sticks from old systems in 2x4 drawer tower for safe keeping and built a rig from some of in earlier for the wife.

I'm the same with blocks but sadly the mounts stop being useful so you can't fit them. I have an original Cathar Whitewater on my desk as a paperweight.
I had one of these but lost it when i moved to this house :(

Back
Top Bottom