LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
It's called (wait for it...)

FITUEYES Universal Table Top TV Stand Pedestal Bracket for 26" - 55" Screen 6 Levels Height Adjustable Cable Management Holds 40kgs Glass Base Max. VE

Bear in mind there are similar priced models that have a matt black/dark feel that might not collect as much dust as this glass one! Anyway, enjoy if you get this TV.

How far from the wall/back of the desk is your actual screen? that still looks like it's quite far forwards compared to the back of the desk but i'm not sure if that's just the picture. If it's close to the distance the normal stand has it then i might be tempted to keep the stand instead. I was hoping to find a stand that let me have the screen further back on my desk.

Associate
Anyone have any issues enabling HDR in doom eternal?

It returns 'your monitor is not supported'

Also, is there an info button anywhere which tells you HDR is specifically on?

Associate
I hate the scummy retailer that has exclusivity on this. That caused the price for the OLED 48 to stay high. It should easily be £1000 - £1100 now.

This is a prime example of what happens when theres no competition.

Associate
I'm not sure this is specific to a lack of competition.

No one buys 48" panels for their houses these days, it's too small. It's unusual for LG to have released this small size too. That's why prices for this is still high.
55" or bigger is where it's at, especially for the high end OLEDs.
There's very few of us who buy this for use as a gaming monitor/gaming TV only, and are happy at 48", so its a niche product.

Associate
I'm not sure this is specific to a lack of competition.

No one buys 48" panels for their houses these days, it's too small. It's unusual for LG to have released this small size too. That's why prices for this is still high.
55" or bigger is where it's at, especially for the high end OLEDs.
There's very few of us who buy this for use as a gaming monitor/gaming TV only, and are happy at 48", so its a niche product.

if that was the case then the price for the 48 would have dropped by now to sell it.

In the U.K. depending on where you live not all the bedrooms or study/ office rooms are large enough or comfortable enough to have a 55 oled.

48 is a good size for smaller rooms.

the 55 oled version of this has already dropped to £1350 to £1400 and all the retailers have access to that. In a bizarre twist the 48 is now £100 to £150 more expensive then the 55.

I have a 65 tv in my main living room but there’s no way I would put that in my study.

Associate
I think you're making my point.

Not many people put a 48" OLED in their study/smaller rooms. That's why it's so expensive.

I think you seriously misunderstand. Retail stores have margins to play with and the fact that they have not needed to put the 48 on sale shows they don't need to yet.
It matters not what the retail price is - there's still room for discount. If the 55 can be discounted by £300 - 400 then the LG 48 can also be discounted by a least a couple of hundred pounds.

Due to the good demand for the LG48 and only one company being able to sell them in uk for a long time- there was no need to discount it. If multiple companies were able to sell the same TV they could have discounted it etc in sales etc. Other Companies are able to sell this now or soon. This will means more price drops.

Not sure if that is clear enough for you.....

Associate
You assume 'good demand' is us fellow gamers, buying lots of 48" gaming TVs.
Us gamers are just a drop in the ocean of people buying TVs.

I believe the cost of making these are still quite high and a 48" is most likely made from the same cut of glass the 55" are made from, so they are likely going to be of similar price for a long time.

Associate
You assume 'good demand' is us fellow gamers, buying lots of 48" gaming TVs.
Us gamers are just a drop in the ocean of people buying TVs.

I believe the cost of making these are still quite high and a 48" is most likely made from the same cut of glass the 55" are made from, so they are likely going to be of similar price for a long time.

You have completely missed the point - what I am saying is that store exclusivity has kept this 48 Model at the RRP and no flash sales or promos like other TVs.

The 48 was expensive to make and yes that why it has a high RRP. I know all of that.

Soldato
Having pre-ordered a PS5, and with HDMI 2.1 GPUS now here, I'm really tempted to pick up one of these for gaming and movies. I also have a 27" 1440P monitor @ 165Hz for general desktop use/productivity etc, so that should reduce my chances of burn-in even more. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Associate
Having pre-ordered a PS5, and with HDMI 2.1 GPUS now here, I'm really tempted to pick up one of these for gaming and movies. I also have a 27" 1440P monitor @ 165Hz for general desktop use/productivity etc, so that should reduce my chances of burn-in even more. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

I wouldn't worry about burn-in too much, especially if you've got another screen to use from time to time.
These screens run an anti-burn-in rotation when the TV is in standby during the night, which is meant to help it greatly. There's certainly no sign of my 65" showing burn-in after almost 2 years of use and thats with the kids leaving it on all day and watching the same cartoons/shows over and over.
I was using the TV for some gaming last night and switched back to using my 27" 1440p /144hz screen this morning and I can't help but squint looking for people to shoot now that I'm used to a clear big screen!
100% worth it for me.

Next up is a 3080 or better, once they are available, so I can have the 4k/120hz goodness.

Soldato
I could never get one of these, it would be too big to use on my desk which I’m about an arms length away from the screen. Trying to play FPS PC games sitting on the sofa several feet from the screen isn’t ideal either as you need a surface to operate your keyboard and mouse and using wireless kb/mouse devices introduce input lag.

So for me it’s a smallish monitor for PC gaming and one of these TVs for PS5 use where I’m sitting several feet away from the screen using the PS5 controller.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about burn-in too much, especially if you've got another screen to use from time to time.
These screens run an anti-burn-in rotation when the TV is in standby during the night, which is meant to help it greatly. There's certainly no sign of my 65" showing burn-in after almost 2 years of use and thats with the kids leaving it on all day and watching the same cartoons/shows over and over.
I was using the TV for some gaming last night and switched back to using my 27" 1440p /144hz screen this morning and I can't help but squint looking for people to shoot now that I'm used to a clear big screen!
100% worth it for me.

Next up is a 3080 or better, once they are available, so I can have the 4k/120hz goodness.
Yeah, sorry - I was trying to get across that burn-in is even less of a worry for me now that I have a decent 27" monitor to go alongside the CX. I'll need to figure out what to do about audio though...

Associate
keyboard and mouse and using wireless kb/mouse devices introduce input lag.

Not anymore, logitech lightspeed kb&m have <1ms latency. ideal for gaming, couldn't go back to a corded mouse nowadays (costly tho).

Yeah, sorry - I was trying to get across that burn-in is even less of a worry for me now that I have a decent 27" monitor to go alongside the CX. I'll need to figure out what to do about audio though...
Audio, any headset would be fine.

If you want to use the same headset for PS5 and PC, you could always use a mixer (goxlr is what I use).

Back
Top Bottom