** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
I don't think it is. This 10GB card is a substantial outlay to many of us who don't want to be hamstrung by it and forced into an earlier than normal, and expensive, upgrade. Not after an argument, just raising a genuine concern.
Didn't take it as an argument dude, fully understand your concern too as I am considering upgrading to a 4K monitor. Just feel it isn't a real concern at this time.

Associate
Any updates on our queue position for those of us who ordered would be gratefully received. I've used the unofficial one, but didn't like the result that much...

I also don't mind waiting but would be much happier with some (even if vague) ETA, thanks.

EDIT: A competitor has a web page with a stock ETA table, something like this would also be great, and probably only 30m work for your resident web guy to knock up and will save Q's like mine.

Associate
Personally I feel the need for more than 10GB is a way off yet, only one or two niche games even come close, the time will of course come but it won't be too hard to scale back a bit when it does, at least for a good while. The price for the 3080 is similar to the price I payed for my 1080, I can't afford nor do I want to spend much more than that on a graphics card, assuming it will be £1000, £300-£350 is no small price jump. If I had money to burn I'd probably get it though just for the sake of future proofing...
If it comes to it and it really feels like that extra VRAM is needed, I'm sure selling the 3080 won't be too much of a problem. But I think it will hold up just fine until at least the next generation comes out.

Associate
Any updates on our queue position for those of us who ordered would be gratefully received. I've used the unofficial one, but didn't like the result that much...

I also don't mind waiting but would be much happier with some (even if vague) ETA, thanks.

EDIT: A competitor has a web page with a stock ETA table, something like this would also be great, and probably only 30m work for your resident web guy to knock up and will save Q's like mine.

I've only just found this unofficial que system. That puts me 646th in the que for my card, ouch. Yet when I asked overclockers for a rough idea, I was told I was quite high up in the que "certainly in the top 10%" then I was made aware there's over 1000 orders for my card. So if I'm to believe overclockers I shouldn't be over 200th in the que assuming it was less than 2000 cards on order at the time...
I know which one I'm hoping to be right.

Associate
I've only just found this unofficial que system. That puts me 646th in the que for my card, ouch. Yet when I asked overclockers for a rough idea, I was told I was quite high up in the que "certainly in the top 10%" then I was made aware there's over 1000 orders for my card. So if I'm to believe overclockers I shouldn't be over 200th in the que assuming it was less than 2000 cards on order at the time...
I know which one I'm hoping to be right.

On the unofficial one Im 900 odd :D which Im hoping isnt correct, although I only managed to order at 5.30. Something more official would be great.

Associate
On the unofficial one Im 900 odd :D which Im hoping isnt correct, although I only managed to order at 5.30. Something more official would be great.
I now can't find the unofficial one....care to point me in the direction? In the absence of any news on the Official one, I may use that to decide whether to keep or cancel.

Last edited:
Associate
Many thanks! :)

According to that, I'm 112 in line for the Gigabyte Eagle (I know it's more an educated guess than fact), but I hope it's a promising indication - and right or wrong, top marks to the creator of that list!

Associate

Yeah that'd suck, I only ordered 40mins prior to you and the same TUF card, so if what overclockers told me was accurate (which I hope is, I'd rather be told that they're unable to give que numbers due to large demand, than be lied to) but assuming it wasn't a lie, you shouldn't be that much further behind me. As I said they told me I was certainly in the top 10% of over 1000 orders. Of course if there's 10,000 orders "over 1000" still wouldn't be a lie either, it'd just be deceptive to word it like that.
I'm not knocking overclockers though, I've only ever had good things to say about them and this stock issue is clearly out of their control.
We'll just have to wait and see I suppose, I've gone this long with my 1080, I can go a bit longer.

Associate
Many thanks! :)

According to that, I'm 112 in line for the Gigabyte Eagle (I know it's more an educated guess than fact), but I hope it's a promising indication - and right or wrong, top marks to the creator of that list!

Im nr 20 since the release so dont get ur hopes up since looks like they got total of 0 of this cards XD

Soldato
Are use using software to read this is it's not very active and won't define allocated/used. Will only display allocated. It's can't be using 21GB if you don't have it...

Better to have a bit more VRAM incase you run into memory intensive situations, I don't understand peoples obsession with trying to tell others "Don't spend your own money on something don't do it I don't like it !!!!"

What makes you think they will be in Stock to order once they get released.....

Lots of GPU Enthusiasts out there..

I'm not ordering any GPU before April/May of next year, I'm sure stock will be a bit better by then...

Associate
Im nr 20 since the release so dont get ur hopes up since looks like they got total of 0 of this cards XD
As I said, I know it's guesswork, so hopes aren't really influenced by this - but it's nice that someone made the effort to try. Perhaps OC could give whoever designed that some real data to work with, seeing as they haven't offered anything themselves yet.

Associate
As I said, I know it's guesswork, so hopes aren't really influenced by this - but it's nice that someone made the effort to try. Perhaps OC could give whoever designed that some real data to work with, seeing as they haven't offered anything themselves yet.

i rang up on release day and got my 2 orders the following day , Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:58:49

Back
Top Bottom