** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Better to have a bit more VRAM incase you run into memory intensive situations, I don't understand peoples obsession with trying to tell others "Don't spend your own money on something don't do it I don't like it !!!!"

If that's what you've taken from what I've said then you've missed my point.

You can spend you money on whatever you want as do I and I will never say anything against it.

However, my point is that you do not need more than 10GB VRAM at the moment except for 1 or 2 games or very specific (non-gaming) uses. Whether you want more VRAM is an entirely different matter haha.

Associate
Y'all wanna feel better, guys? OK. I ordered ASUS TUF on 17.09 @23:17. I wanted to assemble a PC around it on black Friday, but I guess I am getting the card in 2222 (not a typo) :) We can't do anything - either wait with a pre-order, or wait until it is safe out there. I chose to keep the preorder.

Associate
I'm getting close to cancelling now - without an ETA and with money having been taken from my account I'm a little frustrated. I cancelled an order on launch day with a competitor as I saw that, later on in the day, Overclockers had an ETA on stock. Turned out to be nonsense.

Boo hoo, first world problems, etc etc

Soldato
I should be 60 on the line for the Eagle, but as there seems like there was not a single new shipment of eagles based on gibbos thread, it seems like its going to be a long wait.

Associate
i have no ETA, no answer from OC from the webnote i sent, nothing ... like OCUK is an offshore dodgy company ...
yeah, i will cancel mine too in a few days if nothing happens ... not gone even click OCUK in future if not better customer service or updates with real info about WTF in goin on ...

Soldato
i have no ETA, no answer from OC from the webnote i sent, nothing ... like OCUK is an offshore dodgy company ...
yeah, i will cancel mine too in a few days if nothing happens ... not gone even click OCUK in future if not better customer service or updates with real info about WTF in goin on ...

Webnote is **** post in the customer service forum it's much better.

Soldato
Had to buy from a competitor simply due to ocuks website being unusable down when the 3090s launched and glad i did! Reading this forum there isn't much information being passed over from ocuk to buyers of the products. I am receiving daily updates regarding the stock situation, Sadly yesterday EVGA + MSI both told them they are delayed until 7th-9th.

However that is one of ocuks competitors, doesn't mean they are delayed to ocuk.

Associate
that's too bad what is happening, i had a good opinion about OCUK ... fadding away ...

updates:
after 20+ minutes on the line i got thru, after a few questions, like ETA, que number etc. they had no information whatsoever when the delivery will happen for Asus 3080 TUF, so i had to cancel order! :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
So what's the chance at actually buying any GPU this side of 2021 ? I'm on the lookout for something and the prices on the 2000 series on the store are now way way too high considering the upcoming 3070's which will likely be snapped up within minutes while I'm at work XD.

Associate
So what's the chance at actually buying any GPU this side of 2021 ? I'm on the lookout for something and the prices on the 2000 series on the store are now way way too high considering the upcoming 3070's which will likely be snapped up within minutes while I'm at work XD.

my advice is to wait

Associate
There definitely should be the ability for people to check their position in the queue, but therein lies a problem that you might appear 700th in queue and think you'll be waiting until 2055 for a card but there may be a shipment that large due tomorrow, so that might be why it hasn't been published.

Also, seeing people ask OCUK when the cards will turn up is weird; they probably don't know! I think they've stated that they are as much in the dark as the consumer.

But again, this goes back to them taking people's money for essentially a preorder, which should never really have been the case and exacerbates the lack of transparency!

Associate

considering I've heard/read conflicting info from every which way I genuinely have no idea anymore.

Soldato
There definitely should be the ability for people to check their position in the queue, but therein lies a problem that you might appear 700th in queue and think you'll be waiting until 2055 for a card but there may be a shipment that large due tomorrow, so that might be why it hasn't been published.

Also, seeing people ask OCUK when the cards will turn up is weird; they probably don't know! I think they've stated that they are as much in the dark as the consumer.

But again, this goes back to them taking people's money for essentially a preorder, which should never really have been the case and exacerbates the lack of transparency!
If you didn't have to pay upfront on a pre order then you would have people pre ordering every card listed only to try sell the pre order spot for a profit, so the situation that you now see on a certain site with people reselling cards would be magnified many times.

Associate
If you didn't have to pay upfront on a pre order then you would have people pre ordering every card listed only to try sell the pre order spot for a profit, so the situation that you now see on a certain site with people reselling cards would be magnified many times.

Ah yeah, good point. Guess it's a difficult situation no matter which way you spin it!

Back
Top Bottom