Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
A set of bike lights. Thanks for the recommendation @mrk am properly impressed at the performance for the price. Now if I could just figure out how to get it flashing.

I bought them too based off the same recommendation and the front can be made to flash by double pressing. If it's off when you double press it goes into SOS mode, if it's on when you double press it goes into regular flash mode - pressing again (single) will decrease the speed of the flashing from "melt-your-brain-strobe" to, "moderately-annoying" and finally "acceptable blinking"... pretty sure those are the official names.

Holding down the button does something too but I haven't got the foggiest what that something is...

The rear lights only last an hour and a half if left on constant mode but the one I left flashing is still flashing 4 hours later. I haven't done a runtime test on the front but at least there's a battery life indicator to warn you if it's getting low.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A set of bike lights. Thanks for the recommendation @mrk am properly impressed at the performance for the price. Now if I could just figure out how to get it flashing.

No I'm not. It most definitely said Permabanned underneath the sanctimonious one's name, then it changed to Suspended.

I bought them too based off the same recommendation and the front can be made to flash by double pressing. If it's off when you double press it goes into SOS mode, if it's on when you double press it goes into regular flash mode - pressing again (single) will decrease the speed of the flashing from "melt-your-brain-strobe" to, "moderately-annoying" and finally "acceptable blinking"... pretty sure those are the official names.

Holding down the button does something too but I haven't got the foggiest what that something is...

The rear lights only last an hour and a half if left on constant mode but the one I left flashing is still flashing 4 hours later. I haven't done a runtime test on the front but at least there's a battery life indicator to warn you if it's getting low.

Good to know about the rear battery life! I had not done a runtime test yet so 3+ hours is perfect as I won't ever be riding for longer than that at night anyway. I'd fully expect well over 5 hours runtime on the front light though if left on the middle constant brightness. The Cree XML2 LEDs are quite efficient.

I found the modes to be quite logical. A single press turns it on, another single press goes through the static brightness modes (2 more of). At any time if you double press it goes into flashing mode, then a single press cycles between the flashing interval and SOS blinking.

Associate
I found the modes to be quite logical. A single press turns it on, another single press goes through the static brightness modes (2 more of). At any time if you double press it goes into flashing mode, then a single press cycles between the flashing interval and SOS blinking.

Do you know what holding the button down does? It blinks the front + green lights after a few seconds but doesn't appear to do anything other than that...?

Soldato
My first NAS. Currently just have a couple of old hard drives in a 2nd pc.

Fortunately my dad gave me some money as an unexpected gift, so thought I would treat myself.

Just waiting for some drives to arrive :)
That's nice. I went for the Asustor Nimbustor 4. Ordered it the Friday, and it turned up the Saturday. Then it took 6 days for my 10TB drive to arrive, so just had to stare at an empty metal box. :(

Man of Honour
Do you know what holding the button down does? It blinks the front + green lights after a few seconds but doesn't appear to do anything other than that...?

Hmm never actually tried that but just gave it a go and how strange. Seems to do nothing other than blink the main LED then flash the battery LEDs as you say. These LED modules are used in dedicated torches too so maybe the press and hold function is something used for them but is not used in this application.

Soldato
Double clicking didn't work for me. However, now I've had it plugged in to the USB for a bit it does now. Cheers. I take it that the green lights stop flashing when fully charged.

Associate

Bought this little PC (Chuwi CoreBox i5) as a 'lightning deal' on Amazon with £50 off. Should have researched better because it's a bit of a dog lol! Tried to put a second SSD internallly - that Crucial 500GB you can see - but it won't post with it connected although it does work connected via USB3. It's old tech inside, 2-core i5 and 8Gb DDR3. However, its only job is to drive my CNC router so it fulfills that role well enough. If I'd bought it as a desktop replacement I would have sent it back.

Associate
Bought a cheap wet and dry shop vac from Wickes, mainly for hoovering the car out this last weekend but also for use with tools.

Was going to pay much more but went for pretty much the cheapest I could find as it had pretty decent reviews, I am very impressed. Loads of power, took me about 5-10 mins to do the whole car. Also has a blow feature which worked as a very good leaf blower in the back garden.

50401542738_42471c061b_c.jpg

Also grabbed a DeWalt TSTAK case from Screwfix as they were selling them for just £20. Now I have a proper box for the Circular Saw, plus it connects nicely to the drill box for neat storage. Just looking for some foam insert now to hold the saw nicely (if anyone has any recommendations)

50402238801_16cf235eb5_c.jpg

50402238841_620866ec08_c.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Also grabbed a DeWalt TSTAK case from Screwfix as they were selling them for just £20. Now I have a proper box for the Circular Saw, plus it connects nicely to the drill box for neat storage. Just looking for some foam insert now to hold the saw nicely (if anyone has any recommendations)

I've got one waiting to be picked up. Cracking deal they are for £20. You'd think I'm a Dewalt salesman the stack I'm creating... My new box is also for my circular saw, but also my angle drill. Bit of a shame it doesn't fit in with the tray though. I think I'm going to knock a quick insert up out of a few bits of wood. It'll work out heavier than foam, but shouldn't be too bad (and will probably still be lighter than my other one, which is full of hammers & chisels!)

Caporegime
20201001_082832.jpg

20201001_082840.jpg

S20 128gb and bumper case. nice upgrade from my ageing S8 :)

20200930_171326.jpg

Tanjiro Kamado Nendoroid - ordered this 6 months ago. I was so happy when it arrived :D - so many potential poses to do with this.

Soldato
Long time user of Oral B fancied a change and my current ones battery doesn't even get through the week.

IMG-20200929-233418.jpg

Its very ticklish but seems to doing a great job
How do you find it?

I bought a Fairywill P11 Plus with extra heads as my first electric sonic toothbrush. I must say that I didn't feel the movement of slowly moving the toothbrush across my teeth did much, but it does seem to do something.

2yb4n1wh.jpg
Which lights are these?

Soldato
How do you find it?

I bought a Fairywill P11 Plus with extra heads as my first electric sonic toothbrush. I must say that I didn't feel the movement of slowly moving the toothbrush across my teeth did much, but it does seem to do something.
Its my first sonic as-well.
Seems to be doing similar to my oral b one to be fair, just need to remember to actually put some pressure on, not just glide it across. I always do a quick 5 second "normal brush" at the end as-well when the timer runs out.

Soldato
I have never used any DAW, even though I have a Mac so I have Garage Band since forever. Plugging a guitar into a computer I dunno, seems alien to me, I like my physical tactile thing I guess. This however isn’t my first digital amp though, I also have the Yamaha THR10, and even that I’ve never plugged it into a computer either and just use it as it is. I just find playing at the computer desk not comfortable. So I use it with just the knobs on the amp.

uCVkJqu.jpg

The Spark is like the Yamaha in that regard and in fact does less if I am just using the knobs at the top without the app but because of the app, the Spark is just brilliant. It is so much easier to tap a pedal, turn it on in the app and instantly changes the sound in the amp. Same with all amp settings and amp type and style. I have a LOT of pedals, and this app covers pretty much all the most common ones and I think simple value for money, this is the best guitar gadget I’ve ever bought.

The built quality is great, it’s quite heavy, I don’t get any hum with mine, well I am using the Strat so you get single coil hum but with my hand in the strings it’s silent. I haven’t tried it with my Les Paul yet.

I got it through their website, ordered late May so 2 months wait at the moment but I think they are getting faster all the time. I know people who ordered back in November and only got it in March so it’s less time has more than halved.

To think how it sounds, you know those Marshall Stanmore home audio speakers for Alexa or music? It’s a lot like that. You can use this for that too, the app has Spotify and Apple Music integrates and those Stanmore is £200 and this is £200 too and you can plug your guitar into it. Free guitar amp!
@Raymond Lin - apologies i missed your reply (i think i had to travel within hours of my post - and then promptly forgot). Suddenly remembered as i was browsing YouTube reviews again today.

Really, appreciate the detailed reply - and, as usual, your informed response has proved very useful. I've now got time to start looking again - and your additional pros for the Spark really sell it. And your Marshall reasoning makes a lot of sense - and could see it having a dual use. Win, win.

The only downside is the US despatch - but not a deal breaker.

My other problem is that i've started browsing guitars again (acoustics). I recently bought my first PRS acoustic and have been really impressed with the quality and sound for the money. It was an impulse buy during lockdown - bought it to pass on but decided to keep as i love the sound and feel of it. I would have paid 3 times the listed price had i played it blind, a real gem... (PRS SE T40E)

Back
Top Bottom