• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Anyone who has a card, did you get your game codes yet?

Nope, cos where I got the card from isnt in the scheme ..... and TBH the 2 games atm I will be wanting are Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk :rolleyes:
Still, I got the card at a fair price so can't complain :)

I noticed the supplier of my card recently put the codes on the 3 series listings, so I have been in touch and have now redeemed said codes, roll on watchdogs release day :D

Associate
I noticed the supplier of my card recently put the codes on the 3 series listings, so I have been in touch and have now redeemed said codes, roll on watchdogs release day :D
Thanks for the headsup. I think I may have gotten mine from the same place as there was previously zero mention of the bundle. I'll get in touch now.

I really wish NVIDIA would send out notifications to please who had signed up to be notified. Did you have anyway of being notified when it was restocked?

Their notifications are useless. Most of the time you get them hours after the restock. No-one knew last weeks restock was going to happen, people just got lucky that they were up that early. I had Distill notifications setup but I was fast asleep when it happened.

Soldato
Soldato
Dont worry, if it works fine and you are happy keep it, the internutz made a storm in a D cup ;)
On the other hand, The Asus is probably the best cooled card out there, so if thats important keep that one and return the other.

Decided to keep it. The Asus is about £80 more expensive and god knows when it will be in stock. I am quite happy with the clocks I have it running at. Think it was the constant barrage of negativity getting to me, should know better :(

Last edited:
Associate
As per above comment, no, forum tipped me off. Seems like you just gotta check it yourself and check-in with people who are checking.

Do we think they will do the same on Thursday (tomorrow) at 5:30am?

Also, how can you check-in with people who are checking? Is there a thread for folk wanting to get an FE card from Nvidia? I heard there were discord groups but have not seen any UK specific one.

Associate
Do we think they will do the same on Thursday (tomorrow) at 5:30am?

Also, how can you check-in with people who are checking? Is there a thread for folk wanting to get an FE card from Nvidia? I heard there were discord groups but have not seen any UK specific one.

I just spotted people saying that it was back in stock on one of the main 3080 threads here that morning as I happened to be awake. Classic case of being in the right place at the right time.

There was a Discord server link posted on this forum at some point but apparently the invite died. There has been speculation around restock times but I'm also finding other claims saying it isn't consistent at all.

Associate
I just spotted people saying that it was back in stock on one of the main 3080 threads here that morning as I happened to be awake. Classic case of being in the right place at the right time.

There was a Discord server link posted on this forum at some point but apparently the invite died. There has been speculation around restock times but I'm also finding other claims saying it isn't consistent at all.

I see, cheers for getting back. I started a thread for folk who are waiting on FE restock to congregate in :D

Ico

Ico

Associate
couldnt resist to new driver after installation 3Dmark Port Royal score went down from 11431 to 11386 with stock settings also gpu temp went down 3 degrees Celsius. Card is Gigabyte 3080 gaming oc

Associate
Excellent news! Was the bios update easy to do?

Super simple. Just be sure to close GeForce Experience from the system tray before you start (it'll prompt you to do so if you don't).

So tempting to try flashing that OC bios onto my standard Palit.
You think it would work without causing problems?

Also... Is there a down side to flashing the bios with the updated one? Lower clocks for stability reasons etc?

Here's the non-OC link https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3739&lang=en&pn=NED3080019IA-132AA&tab=do - looks like you don't have to find out.

I kinda forgot to check if I had downloaded the OC or the non-OC one (I have the non-OC card) :eek:

Seems to be running fine thankfully. I've just been playing GTA 5 for the past couple of hours without issue. They're identical cards though, just that the OC comes with a factory overclock.

Soldato
Decided to keep it. The Asus is about £80 more expensive and god knows when it will be in stock. I am quite happy with the cocks I have it running at. Think it was the constant barrage of negativity getting to me, should know better :(

Got to be happy with the clocks you run your GPU at

Soldato
Super simple. Just be sure to close GeForce Experience from the system tray before you start (it'll prompt you to do so if you don't).

Here's the non-OC link https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3739&lang=en&pn=NED3080019IA-132AA&tab=do - looks like you don't have to find out.

I kinda forgot to check if I had downloaded the OC or the non-OC one (I have the non-OC card) :eek:

Seems to be running fine thankfully. I've just been playing GTA 5 for the past couple of hours without issue. They're identical cards though, just that the OC comes with a factory overclock.

Yea, I downloaded the normal one already, but seeing that OC bios just sat there is really tempting me to try it on my standard card... I just don't want to be first :D

Permabanned
This just turned up. Now need to find the time to break my full loop and stick this in. I'll just use the fans for now.
Got a question/favour to ask. Would You spend few minutes and upload Gaming OC bios to TPU database. Quite empty there and got guy with EAGLE that will test if Flashing Gaming oc bios will do the trick for more power limit :)
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash/
Only got 3090 eagle there so far if it goes for gigabyte.

Associate
Anyone lucky enough to receive a AIB gpu this week? It's all gone quiet. The competitor site I ordered from has had its delivery of cards delayed this week and not getting any in again until next week

Associate
So results from my msi ventus are in.

Comparisons between drivers 456.38 and the newer 456.55 released yesterday. It's worth noting that I was not getting any crashes on either. Played modern warfare which was prone to crashes multiple times and it was fine.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/23637867/fs/23637927#

So basically a tiny change in performance, around 1-percent, which is nothing at all. I'm sure i could easily overclock it again to get similar if not better, but i think underclocking and undervolting is much better for these cards - as we are seeing such power savings with minimal loss in performance. I do believe this will open up for more performance gains in the future as it's coming across as a fine wine GPU.

Back
Top Bottom