Gaming pc (future proof) gpu in hand

Soldato
Off to Google .
YouTube use to have a good advert for the Chromax addons.

It was extortionate - and I think Noctua finally realised that they needed to conform to the general consensus that black and not insipid beige looks better in a windowed case and released a cooler colour that pleased the masses.

They must have lost a lot of sales over the years due to their intransigent stance on colour scheme. But, made a name/infamous as quality as a result.

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to putting the build together. I chose next day delivery (should have been shipped today, but order is still in progress! Bit disappointing considering I paid something like 24 pound for next day delivery!!)

Soldato
Bit disappointing considering I paid something like 24 pound for next day delivery!!)
You should have been eligible for free next day given your forum join date and post count.

Or do you live within an area that isn't within the conditions?

Soldato
OP
I live in York. I had my account signed in etc but no eligible free next day delivery was available?

Money has been taken but no order email confirmation, or shipping email etc. Order only visible in my account and just says in progress but not yet dispatched. As stated, bit disappointing of ocuk.

Soldato
I live in York. I had my account signed in etc but no eligible free next day delivery was available?
Have you linked your forum account to OcUK ordering? (something like that)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/free-shipping-for-loyal-forum-members.17943556/

Money has been taken but no order email confirmation, or shipping email etc. Order only visible in my account and just says in progress but not yet dispatched. As stated, bit disappointing of ocuk.
I know they have/had logistic issues during lockdown/Covid hitting.

I built 3 systems in March just as it all kicked off - and it was absolute chaos for them. Not their fault - it was staff shortages and trying to organise a safe working environment etc...

I think the main issue now is that they're still really busy -but considering when you ordered and if everything was in stock you could probably successfully request a refund on your P&P.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Dratz!! I believe I had not done that. Hopefully I can request a P&P refund in the morning once customer services resume.
Yes I can imagine things being manic and upside down, awful times for everyone. Hopefully after speaking to them in the morning they will be able to chase the order up and get it dispatched for Wednesday delivery.

Thanks Plec, once again your knowledge and wisdom has been great. You shall be rewarded in heaven :D

Soldato
Dratz!! I believe I had not done that. Hopefully I can request a P&P refund in the morning once customer services resume.
You have a couple of avenues you could pursue.
  • 2/3 days delay in despatch is usually sufficient evidence to get your postage refunded, if they had the stock on ordering (i would lead with this).
  • Membership Entitlement - they could give you credit, as a sign of goodwill as the order was significant. But, I would pursue a cash refund due to unreasonable delay first. The guys in the customer service forum are usually really accommodating - especially if you're civil (such as yourself) and explain everything succinctly so they can act on it quickly without added confusion.
You shall be rewarded in heaven :D
Not sure who would be the more surprised - me or God...

...it would be me (i would have to source a fake membership card). :D

Soldato
OP
You have a couple of avenues you could pursue.
  • 2/3 days delay in despatch is usually sufficient evidence to get your postage refunded, if they had the stock on ordering (i would lead with this).
  • Membership Entitlement - they could give you credit, as a sign of goodwill as the order was significant. But, I would pursue a cash refund due to unreasonable delay first. The guys in the customer service forum are usually really accommodating - especially if you're civil (such as yourself) and explain everything succinctly so they can act on it quickly without added confusion.

Not sure who would be the more surprised - me or God...

...it would be me (i would have to source a fake membership card). :D

with your vast pc knowledge I fail to doubt you in your fraudulent I.D skills :D

little update, all shipped and postage refunded :D tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

Soldato
with your vast pc knowledge I fail to doubt you in your fraudulent I.D skills :D

little update, all shipped and postage refunded :D tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

if it helps im getting some Ikea Besta goodness for my living.... naturally @Plec this means i'll HAVE TO get a white case... as there'll be a seaa wall of white hemnes and Besta units....

Soldato
It's @orbitalwalsh that is the walking, talking Wikipedia on hardware (I'm sure @EsaT is part of a hive mind). If you need anything off-piste he usually has a link - with additional bells-and-whistles attached :D

Result!

Hope the build goes smoothly; it will be blisteringly fast and should look the part, too.

*Noticed that it's your first build(?) If you get stuck post back - if you don't get a reply fast enough post a new thread in 'General Hardware' as you should get a quick response, as there's usually someone lurking. But, it really is glorified LEGO - the only difficulty will be if it doesn't post/boot first time but that's a problem even for an experienced builder - but we usually know what to check for first, which is where the forums come into their own if you encounter a hiccup.

/off topic (Orbi's fault - but i can never resist)

I would like to think - but with remote working i feel some are starting to take the pee! I occasionally switch my camera on during TEAM meetings and sit Pickle Rick in front of the camera (not a disturbing euphemism) - to quickly show my feelings on a subject. I've found it saves a lot of needless back and forth... :p

3obI6Om.jpg

if it helps im getting some Ikea Besta goodness for my living.... naturally @Plec this means i'll HAVE TO get a white case... as there'll be a seaa wall of white hemnes and Besta units....
This sounds suspiciously like you're giving up on project 'Square Peg, Round Hole'. Even if your Dremel may be breathing a sigh of relief - i still wish to see the laws of 3 dimensional space contradicted within that dissected Silverstone case? :D

Do you have the new Corsair range in your sights?

Last edited:
Soldato
When everyone goes to sleep !
Ok, he's going to have real difficulties assembling this build with one hand enveloped in a glove of blades.

*Freddy Krueger

Haha @Plec if they had given me the white like I asked... May have lasted, plus rtx 3000 wouldn't fit ! And too hot !
I'm not angry - just disappointed. :D

So which young shapely case is replacing your cosmetically enhanced has-been?

Soldato
Ok, he's going to have real difficulties assembling this build with one hand enveloped in a glove of blades.

*Freddy Krueger

I'm not angry - just disappointed. :D

So which young shapely case is replacing your cosmetically enhanced has-been?

Haha. Rtx 3000 would have to be underwater, plus need to beef up OSU from 650w to 750w at least since Zen3 has its wattage upped a little...

Prob 4000D in white, not air version to keep clean look

It’s arrived!!! :D too bad I have to wait until the weekend to open all the boxes and play :(

Just realised.. MASTER ? How did that slip in there ?

Soldato
Just realised.. MASTER ? How did that slip in there ?
@Cosmic182, you just made @orbitalwalsh involuntarily wet his pants in a work environment - which coincided with a facial expression that could only be described as gurning.

A Gigabyte Aorus Master is hardcore pr0n to, Orbi - INTEL or Ryzen flavour :D

/Off topic
Haha. Rtx 3000 would have to be underwater, plus need to beef up OSU from 650w to 750w at least since Zen3 has its wattage upped a little...

Prob 4000D in white, not air version to keep clean look
So, you're rehousing the X470 into the 4000D and going for a white theme?

Will you be pimping your X470 with acrylic/paint?

And preeeeedy:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Soldato
@Plec believe your xtreme or nothing ?!

3080 vision looks good! Gigabyte dropped 4th year warranty as i expect they think it'll be rendering 24/7. B550 vision would look good with it! though wondering how x670 will turn out ?!

Soldato
OP
Will the Haribo survive until then?

haha, the haribo didn’t survive that initial post let alone the weekend :D

[/QUOTE= Just realised.. MASTER ? How did that slip in there ?[/QUOTE]

I thought, I’m only doing it once (for now, haha) might as well get one of the better ones :D
Even the box is beautiful!
The weekend cannot come quick enough, although the fear and dread of actually putting it together is quite daunting.

@Plec @orbitalwalsh what’s the easiest way of getting a windows key and windows 10 pro on a usb? I got a 128gb usb stick today :)

Back
Top Bottom