• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocu

Ocu

Associate
Congrats! I ordered a Ventus at 17:30 so I'm looking at some time after the heat death of the universe...

Soldato
So after playing around with this a bit with the new drivers and still experiencing crashes both on undervolt and stock I've decided I'm going to return it. I've tried even with stock settings on my CPU in case that was adding instability. Didn't help. Got quite a lot of crashes on BF5 and Gears of War 4. Other people with the same card don't seem to have the same issue with the new driver so that is promising. I'm going for a replacement order from the retailer I ordered from (not here) but I asked them when I will get a replacement and they reckon this process will put me back of the queue but they are going to double check. That's what happens when you purchase from a sub-par e-tailer i guess.

Associate
So after playing around with this a bit with the new drivers and still experiencing crashes both on undervolt and stock I've decided I'm going to return it. I've tried even with stock settings on my CPU in case that was adding instability. Didn't help. Got quite a lot of crashes on BF5 and Gears of War 4. Other people with the same card don't seem to have the same issue with the new driver so that is promising. I'm going for a replacement order from the retailer I ordered from (not here) but I asked them when I will get a replacement and they reckon this process will put me back of the queue but they are going to double check. That's what happens when you purchase from a sub-par e-tailer i guess.

Have you updated Windows to latest version, and did you do a clean DDU ?

I have talked with and done some troubleshooting with some guys at Reddit who had issues caused by not having the latest version of Windows.

Associate
Yeah on both fronts. To no avail, sadly.
Interesting. Did you install the MSI Dragon Center thing? Heard that can cause issues as well.
That being said, if you're monitoring. Do you see when the crash happens?
As far as I could see on the latest der8auer vid he showed that it was sudden spikes that caused crashes.

Soldato
Interesting. Did you install the MSI Dragon Center thing? Heard that can cause issues as well.
That being said, if you're monitoring. Do you see when the crash happens?
As far as I could see on the latest der8auer vid he showed that it was sudden spikes that caused crashes.

I suspect it is sudden spikes. It happens mostly moving to cut scenes or aiming down the sights etc. Been playing gears 4 and battlefield 5 campaign. I think I did have dragon centre installed. Thanks for trying to help.

Associate
15:21 here, I imagine we will be in the same batch. :D

Maybe not, the orders before 15:15 were unusual outliers, the dam broke at 15:15 and the number of orders flooded.
The orders from 15:15 - 15:25 will outstrip all before it.

The form responses in the google doc show 137 from 2-3pm and 574 from 3-4 pm

In the same vein, the supply in the first few weeks is so low that the time difference in delivering 14:00 to 14:30 will be longer than 15:00 to 15:30

Associate
Maybe not, the orders before 15:15 were unusual outliers, the dam broke at 15:15 and the number of orders flooded.
The orders from 15:15 - 15:25 will outstrip all before it.

The form responses in the google doc show 137 from 2-3pm and 574 from 3-4 pm

In the same vein, the supply in the first few weeks is so low that the time difference in delivering 14:00 to 14:30 will be longer than 15:00 to 15:30

In the nicest possible way I hope you’re wrong so we all get our card sooner. Will have to see what the status is when the official que tracker is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom