Memory/XMP Crash after installing m.2 NVMe - Weirdest Problem Ever

Associate
Hi guys,

Last night I experienced the strangest thing ever.

Config:
Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi
16gb (2x8gb) G Skill Trident Z (3466)
Samsung 250gb m.2 nvme - Windows
Barracuda 3TB HDD
1080ti ftw3
6fans in the mobo + 3 in the aio

PC has run without problem for long time with XMP enabled. Got an additional ADATA 1TB nvme for games. Second M.2 nvme is adata 1TB. HDD sata cable was unplugged from mobo after the first crash.

Turn PC off, Install the second M.2, but on boot the PC is stuck on RAM check. No access to bios or anything, just boot loop. Removed the mobo battery for c-moss reset but no luck.
Reinserted the RAM modules, with no luck. Remove the second m.2 and the PC boot with no problem.
Inserted the second m.2 and manage to boot with one ram stick when was in the other ram secondary channel (B2 i think).

I try different combination of ram and somehow manage to boot with 2 ram stick on secondary dual channel. The second m.2 is working fine, no problem with formatting and recognition in windows. After some reboots and restarts I enabled the XMP and again the pc stuck on boot loop on RAM check (led light on the motherboard). Again and all the time the PC boot straight away without the second m.2.

After countless attempts and ram repositioning manage to get it working. Boot the pc without the second m.2 and rams in the secondary dual channel. XMP enabled and position the second m.2 while the pc is running in windows. (didn`t work form the first attempt tho). The rams runs in xpm but is no more recognized (brand, model and so on)

I tried but I couldn`t make it work the same way using the primal dual channel (the one closer to the CPU).
So my question is how to make it run using the primal (first dual channel) in XMP preferably installing it in a correct way instead of trying to trick the moobo while with inserting hardware while running...

Thanks in advanced!

Back
Top Bottom