Looking for a 34" Curved, ultrawide 144hz Monitor

Associate
Hey guys,

I am looking for a Looking for a 34" Curved, ultrawide 144hz Monitor... Looking to upgrade and go to a singular monitor and I want to step into the world of ultrawide. Has anyone got any recommendations for a great monitor that fits the criteria for preferably under £500, I can perhaps go slightly higher but no much.

I was looking at the 34" Gigabyte G34WQC But that seems to be OOS everywhere, does anyone know when that monitor will be coming in?

Soldato
I would highly recommend the AOC CU34G2X/BK which is a 3440x1440 144Hz VA display with a fully adjustable stand, USB 3 hub and performs well, it seems pretty similar to the Gigabyte looking at the specs for the Gigabyte (I own the AOC so I can speak from experience on that) it does cost more on the face of it but at least you can get it :D

Associate
I would highly recommend the AOC CU34G2X/BK which is a 3440x1440 144Hz VA display with a fully adjustable stand, USB 3 hub and performs well, it seems pretty similar to the Gigabyte looking at the specs for the Gigabyte (I own the AOC so I can speak from experience on that) it does cost more on the face of it but at least you can get it :D

Any reason why we can't get the GB version here yet?

Associate

g sync ?

Associate
Hey guys,

I am looking for a Looking for a 34" Curved, ultrawide 144hz Monitor... Looking to upgrade and go to a singular monitor and I want to step into the world of ultrawide. Has anyone got any recommendations for a great monitor that fits the criteria for preferably under £500, I can perhaps go slightly higher but no much.

I was looking at the 34" Gigabyte G34WQC But that seems to be OOS everywhere, does anyone know when that monitor will be coming in?

that’s over £100 more for what is essentially the exact same VA panel (Samsung) in AOC branded casing,I don’t think it’s good value at all.
Gigabyte will come back in stock soon.
Also there is a IIyama one (again same panel,different case),Xiaomi Mi Curved 34 (same panel) and new Electriq QLED one which is around £350 only.

Soldato
Actually it was very good value when it launched, it's just Gigabyte have come in even better value I think, but I just looked at the price now, it wasn't that much when I bought it months ago, you could get the AOC for £450 mid summer, now it's up at £530 or so, yes it's less good value. I'd still recommend it though it's just not on it's own anymore it has the Iiyama and Gigabyte for company in the reasonably priced 144hz ultrawide category ...oh and that Xiaomi.

Associate
Actually it was very good value when it launched, it's just Gigabyte have come in even better value I think, but I just looked at the price now, it wasn't that much when I bought it months ago, you could get the AOC for £450 mid summer, now it's up at £530 or so, yes it's less good value. I'd still recommend it though it's just not on it's own anymore it has the Iiyama and Gigabyte for company in the reasonably priced 144hz ultrawide category ...oh and that Xiaomi.
It was a good deal back then but not anymore because the monitors I mentioned all have same panel inside and around £100 cheaper than the AOC, and it's not like AOC is a leading brand to begin with..so essentially these are all budget manufacturers using an average panel outsourced from (most likely) Samsung. they just made the case for it and printed their logo on it.
that electriQ monitor specially for just £350 is the winner because it has a QLED panel (so richer colours).I'm so tempted to buy it myself actually,and surprised no one has noticed that monitor here yet.

Back
Top Bottom