Rebuild.

Associate
OP
So, updated a lot of the pipework to free hand, added inlet to the loop, changed the drain pipe. Water test tonight after work, no PSU or wiring done.

IMG-3173.jpg

IMG-3174.jpg

IMG-3175.jpg

Associate
OP
Water test fine, so took the opportunity to give it a boot test, booted into windows fine, But 3dmark hung on Initializing. So no chance to do a quick stress test. Filling loop is crap, but the system drains perfectly.

Don't look ! and this is not all the wiring, just what was needed (fan and tested D-rgb)

IMG-3178.jpg

Associate
OP
Time to remove these mad over the top patch leads. I could not find the 12pin plastic wiring blocks, but they are easy to de-pin. After a bit of hunting i found the crimps. Crash course in learning how to crimp them. As i only have the molex crimpers (ctx3), its way to big. still job done. after failing a few times, the cable kept breaking right at the crimp point, adjusted the crimpers to lowest pressure seemed to work.

Removed this completely
IMG-3185.jpg

IMG-3181.jpg

IMG-3182.jpg

Testing the LEDs using the gigabyte controller unit. Also placed the led wiring into sleeving, hoping when installed it will make for a cleaning wiring look at the rear.

IMG-3183.jpg

IMG-3184.jpg

This will be the final fitted location, quick test before i start on the other block of three fans.

IMG-3186.jpg

Associate
Very clean looking, I can't see me going to that extent on the build I do in November but I can see me developing a taste for tidying up all those damn RGB cabkes that come along lol. I'm opting this time to go for very few RGB fans and insyead add some RGB strips to the areas I want lit up.

This is giving me ideas though!

Associate
OP
Day off, so on with the wiring, please note I'm not an expert, some of my tips are only from my trail and error.

Fan wiring time, since these fan headers all are going direct to the mainboard & side by side. This is what i have done, the sellotape helps stop the wires coming apart while crimping, cutting and stripping. I cable tied the fans together this keeps them solid while doing cables.

I made the mistake of doing all the joints, then adding sleeving, but the connectors are easy too de-pin, I put sellotape around the terminals, before putting the into the sleeving, Worked great.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mdpc-x-sleeve-medium-nv-carbon-1-metre-cm-08r-md.html

IMG-3197.jpg

IMG-3198.jpg

IMG-3199.jpg

IMG-3201.jpg

IMG-3202.jpg

IMG-3203.jpg

Soldato
This is a cracking build and totally enjoyed following the progress.
I don't have the money or time to do that kind of precision job so sticking with air, but man, you've made this look easy!!
Awesome work!

I love how you've sleeved together the rad fans, that's some ingenuity.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the great comments, So moving along slowly, still waiting for two items to arrive, 1 from China and the other from Aqua-computers. Sorry OC but you dont sell it Yet!.

All fan & Led wiring finished, just some cable clips to add, i hunted down some small black ones. Also started crimping the main wires for the 8 pin CPU x2 and 8 pin GPU x2. Next are the 24 pin wires.

First small patch leads that feed the pump power and flow meter board are complete.

Bad news my Case has become a bit loose on the rivets in a few places, This is my fault, moving the case around by lifting from the top bar.. So warning to others, only move the case by lifting from the bottom. So will possibly replace the case, the only advantage i do see in this is to option to re position the filling loop. I would just get a new PC-011 Dynamic.

I need to get something to blow the dust away.

Two fan wires hidden nicely in the sleeving, CPU/CPU1
IMG-3215.jpg

Cable ties temporary keep wires tidy
IMG-3218.jpg

I find crimping so relaxing
IMG-3219.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Better do a quick update, purchased a new case, and completed all the original mods, I have has taken the option to change the filling loop, the system will now be fill upside down, its the best option i have as i dont want to start changing rads. it will make for easier draining. I have made my first CPU and GPU cables, they work fine, but not happy with them, I did not take into account bends and how that changes the amount of cable at the plugs. lesson learned.

Associate
OP
I still have work to finish, like 24 pin atx connector & cable tidying, plus need to remake some i'm not happy with.

But finally finished everything other than wiring, so filled the loop, and powered it up using a standard atx cable around the outside of the case.

NOT adjusted LED yet, to bright in the picture.

IMG-3265.jpg

Associate
OP
This is the rear at the moment, made my first ever 24 pin atx. not sleeved some cables yet, as going to remake a full set, using what i've learned doing these.
A few small jobs left. and still waiting on the last part from Germany.

IMG-3268.jpg

Soldato
Very nice job Grumpy old git :D

Could you answer me a question, I was looking at using this case with an AIO 360 rad mounted in the side, but wanted to mount the fittings at the bottom, it looks like that may not work for lining up screw holes ?
And could you tell me total height and width available in the side chamber for rads please ?

Associate
OP
Very nice job Grumpy old git :D

Could you answer me a question, I was looking at using this case with an AIO 360 rad mounted in the side, but wanted to mount the fittings at the bottom, it looks like that may not work for lining up screw holes ?
And could you tell me total height and width available in the side chamber for rads please ?
Correct, the fittings don’t line up, otherwise I would also have mounted the rad that way.

if you are on about behind like I fitted mine, all you need to worry about, is less than 50mm thick.

Soldato
Hi, thanks for the reply, I thought as much from the look of the hole height from the bottom, thanks for confirming that.
The thickness isnt a problem for me, most AIO are only 30mm at best, but it does look tight at the top for the fittings from you pictures, or is that just the angle its taken from ? (or possibly your rad dimensions).
The AIO's I was looking at are 397x124 or 402x120 so could be tight.

Sorry to derail your thread a bit, look forward to seeing the next instalment :)

Associate
@Vogon a 360mm 54mm will fit in side chamber Also I had 360 in side and 280 on top aio’s fitted previously in this case.
then had hard loop 360 54 mm top and side.

@Grumpy_Old_Git 2 questions

why did u not use the flow calculator on the d5 next it’s pretty good and controls pump pretty well.?

Side fans would u not get better temps using Exstract instead intake?

Good build though

Back
Top Bottom