Mountain Biking

Soldato
Oh that would Help?? (sorry) 70% trail and 30% road

So depending on how important you view the road riding part of it I'd look at these combo's:

Front: Minion SS
Rear: Racing Ralph

or

Front: Magic Mary
Rear: Nobby Nic

The MM/NN combo is what I run on my hard tail and it's perfect for everything I ride. The Racing Ralph combo will have slightly better rolling resistance and may feel a bit faster for the road.

It's a trade off between rolling resistance for the road (and trail) and grip (for the trail).

Soldato
So depending on how important you view the road riding part of it I'd look at these combo's:

or

The MM/NN combo is what I run on my hard tail and it's perfect for everything I ride. The Racing Ralph combo will have slightly better rolling resistance and may feel a bit faster for the road.

It's a trade off between rolling resistance for the road (and trail) and grip (for the trail).
Thanks for this, and I can google and find stockists?

Soldato
Thanks for this, and I can google and find stockists?
Umm. yeah.. :D

New bike day is always awesome :D
This arrived yesterday. 2 weeks to the day after ordering.
IMG-20200929-151016.jpg

Associate
Umm. yeah.. :D

New bike day is always awesome :D
This arrived yesterday. 2 weeks to the day after ordering.
IMG-20200929-151016.jpg
oo, ace! which one?

love my jeffsy. It's arguably getting on a little now (just over 4 years old) but I can't see any need to change it yet... (but, quite tempted to change to a coil shock if we're ever allowed to travel easily again and I fancy a trip to the alps)

Associate
Oh that would Help?? (sorry) 70% trail and 30% road

No but I plan to tape them once I change the tyers over (And sorry yes tubeless ready rims)

or

I was going to suggest Maxis Agressor, but they seem quite costly for the 29er size (ie not on sale).

For a different (budget-friendly) option - how about WTB Trail Boss front and rear?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-trail-boss-tough-fast-rolling-tt-tyre/rp-prod175880 for black (only 2 left in stock)
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-trail-boss-2-4-light-fast-rolling-tyre/rp-prod175876 for fancy tan-wall

under £30 each atm, so a pretty good price. (and find something for £15+ from the clearance section and you can get a £10 off with the code "clear2020" - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/clearance )

my old Whyte T130 came with Trail Boss for the rear and it's a quick rolling good tyre, but not amazing in wet mud.

or maxxis ardent's if you want a bit more winter-friendly fast rolling tyre?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/maxxis-ardent-mtb-tyre-exo-tr-/rp-prod149591

Soldato
oo, ace! which one?

love my jeffsy. It's arguably getting on a little now (just over 4 years old) but I can't see any need to change it yet... (but, quite tempted to change to a coil shock if we're ever allowed to travel easily again and I fancy a trip to the alps)
Oh what did you get? I nearly ordered one myself, except no stock :p

Jeffsy 27.5 Pro Race. God she's lovely!!

IMG-20200930-211140.jpg

Was due to wait till Feb for the new 2021 models but as luck would have it I was browsing the website 2 weeks ago and saw it was in stock :O quickly bought it without hesitation... it went to out of stock before I completed the order so thinking they only had a few or I was just lucky! Took 2 weeks to the day to arrive, not bad!

please be a ebike!
Absolutely NO chance.

Edit: TV looks bloody tiny next to the Jeffsy.

Associate

IMG-20200930-211140.jpg

Was due to wait till Feb for the new 2021 models but as luck would have it I was browsing the website 2 weeks ago and saw it was in stock :O quickly bought it without hesitation... it went to out of stock before I completed the order so thinking they only had a few or I was just lucky! Took 2 weeks to the day to arrive, not bad!

Absolutely NO chance.

that's ace. I've got the cf pro and find it ace, if a little worried about all the warnings for CF frames and crash damage in the manual. At the time the Race Pro was about £450 more, so "settled" for the Pro, then ~2 weeks after getting my bike YT won the World Cup so dropped the price of the Race Pro to match the Pro - it was a little annoying, especially as I had already used mine so couldn't return/swap. But, saying that, performance/price for the bike is fantastic...

Over the years, I think the frame/bike is a little more burly, but I'm still slowly upgrading mine... I trashed one of the e13 rims, so now swapped to Hope Fortus... I've just got (today) a Charger 2.1 and 2021 Debonair upgrade, to effectively change the 160mm Yari on my hardtail to a modern Lyrik, so that will move over to the Jeffsy - and keep looking at a 230x65 coil to change the rear to 160mm too... Thinking about it, I got G2 RSC brakes when I built my hardtail, so I could swap them over to the Jeffsy too, but atm (amazingly) the original Guide RSCs seem to be working well.

Caporegime

IMG-20200930-211140.jpg

Absolutely NO chance.

All the kashima bling! Looks awesome. All this new bike is making me jealous!

It's the chair that looks tiny! :p

Soldato

IMG-20200930-211140.jpg

Absolutely NO chance.

Very nice :D

Back
Top Bottom