Logitech G Hub - a piece of crap

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I cannot install this piece of crap software :mad:

Did a reformat recently and cannot get past the install logo animation. It just sits there spinning and spinning.

Anyone had this issue? I’m running a light speed G502 and G915 TKL which I’ve had working previously.

A fresh install of Windows 10 with ZERO updates, ALL windows updates, no drivers installed, ALL drivers installed, new installer, old installer... nothing works. I’m totally stumped.

All the advice I’ve seen says to reinstall but that’s not worked. As far as I remember from the last known working install was that it should prompt for a windows firewall acceptance but it doesn’t. Forcing it through the firewall hasn’t fixed anything so :confused:

Associate
The only reason I'm not completely in love with Logitech is G Hub.

The previous LGS software had such a cool feature where if you had a wireless mouse you could elect to limit the polling rate based on if a game was open or not. This saved so much battery. G Hub is a total regression in usability imo. I feel like I need to be a nuclear scientist to use it. I wouldn't mind too much if Logitech just added support for new devices in LGS but it doesn't... forcing G Hub on you.

As for your issue, try this solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/hybqul/solution_cant_install_g_hub/

Wouldn't be surprised if they botched the latest install method.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
I've tried that, but I'll go back to a much older installer later and see if that helps.

Associate
If that fails the only other thing I can think of is the mouse and keyboard are using some G Hub profile in their internal onboard memory and this is conflicting. Try using a different mouse and keyboard combo till you can get it installed.

Associate
Same for me - G Hub is piece of crap. I was able to install it - twice in last 2 years (maybe new version is actually better) - and it did said it was importing all my macros over, but it didn't work and was unable to make it work.
Still on LGS and not planning to move to G Hub anytime soon.

Caporegime
I had major issues with updating G Hub a few months ago and completely wiped it from existence on my PC.
A week after and after getting a G502 Lightspeed i gave it a second chance and its been updating and working correctly since.

currently on version 2020.8

Permabanned
This is why i use software free kb and mouse now, Ita been a 20yr journey and evolution but i will never ever go back. I just look for peripherals that work at 1000hz out of the box and away i go.

Saves a few cpu cycles as well, And minus two processes win win.

Ree

Ree

Associate
must admit i had to get rid of g-hub altogether as for some strange reason whenever it updated itself i would get a bluescreen and that was the culprit as never had another since i dumped it a while ago now. think it's just buggy as hell and my g810 and g502 are fine without it.

Soldato
I had the same stuck at spinning logo problem couple of weeks ago. Self updated then refused to load afterwards. Removal and re-install sorted it.

It's a buggy heap of crap if I'm honest. Particularly dislike how it resets all the default sound devices after an update that I doesn't tell you its installed. Plus no ARX support.

Permabanned
The older LGS was a POS so lets not think otherwise, and G-HUB originally was basically a re-skin (I did the beta testing) and many of the same bugs like profiles going missing on PC restart and update failing or stuck in a loop or getting offered same build you are already on.

I think it is getting a little better last few builds and I got offered device firmware for first time in ages, though I have read this mouse FW is to try hide the D/Click issue (I have it and many others also).

Last edited:
Soldato
Seen a few people with this problem from googling

1) For anyone else going through this hell I was able to get it to install FINALLY (I tried every fix I could find including reg edit and 3rd party programs to delete software) by closing MSI Afterburner, Corsair Icue, Asus Lighting Service and Nvidia Control Panel..

2) just found the problem, I went to the ghub folder and clicked on the three executable files and windows defender said it was blocking lghub.exe as soon as I allowed it the software was running

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Well, thought I’d update...

Reinstalled windows 10 using a spare generic mouse and different Logitech keyboard.. no dice.

Reinstalled windows 10 using BOTH a spare generic mouse and keyboard... no dice.

Tried unplugging all Logitech devices and receivers and just don’t have any joy. Really don’t understand it! :mad:

Soldato
Well, thought I’d update...

Reinstalled windows 10 using a spare generic mouse and different Logitech keyboard.. no dice.

Reinstalled windows 10 using BOTH a spare generic mouse and keyboard... no dice.

Tried unplugging all Logitech devices and receivers and just don’t have any joy. Really don’t understand it! :mad:
Did you managed to get it installed and workout what the problem was in the end ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Did you managed to get it installed and workout what the problem was in the end ?
Nope! I’m lost for words.

It looks like they release an update around the same time every month so I’ll wait and try again. Windows 10 2H20 should be out tomorrow so I’ll also try again before the next G hub update.

Back
Top Bottom