This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Had a bit of a mare yesterday... I was sitting at my PC and I took an unintentionally large gulp of coffee, and in a split second it went down the wrong hole and then somehow ended up in my sinusses and I sprayed it everywhere... It was like a nuclear test at sea...

It went all over my screen, my computer, the wall, my posters and poster frames, and everything on my desk including my keyboard which pretty much got filled with coffee...

After cleaning everything off I rinsed the keyboard out under the tap and put it in the airing cupboard overnight... This has cured it in the past when I have spilled things over it!

This time it didn't work so I had to tear it open and clean the PCB with isopropyl alcohol and a medium bristled brush, then rinse with DI water, and left it to dry for a few hours... That fixed it! Thank goodness!

I also used the opportunity to clean the plastic casing and keys etc. It is incredible how much dirt, dust, hair, and food crumbage there was in the void around the keyswitches... Ick... Probably 5 years worth of grot.

All cleaned now and put back together. Keyboard is over 8 years old now and has been used heavily every day for that long, some of the keycaps are worn through to the clear plastic in places, but I think it still looks pretty swish! :)

A lot of what looks like dust (especially on the backspace key) is actually where the black is wearing through.

qhN6FjD.jpg

Its a Ducky Shine 2. A testament to the quality of their products! It weighs as much as a house brick, and could do some damage if used in anger. :p

It's like you've tried to scratch out the L key from your life - what did it ever do to you? :p

Caporegime
It's like you've tried to scratch out the L key from your life - what did it ever do to you? :p

The C key is just as bad, and several others aren't far behind. I might get a replacement keycap set for the main section of the keyboard somewhen, but honestly you can't really see the wear unless you shine a light directly on it.

Soldato
rAYe.jpg

Was just drinking a cup of tea watching this guy get quite comfortable outside of the summer house. He was there for about 20 minutes before he decided to make a move when I opened the window.

I only wanted to befriend him :(

Its a Ducky Shine 2. A testament to the quality of their products! It weighs as much as a house brick, and could do some damage if used in anger. :p

My Ducky Shine 2 is also still going strong (and in need of a strip down and clean) and I agree with you. I've always felt like I could take my chances if I used it as a blunt weapon.

Consigliere
Why not just eat the whole yogurt, that way you would get 10g of protein. Why would you eat a yogurt just by a mouthful? lol

Don't take it with a spoon just drink the damn thing. Jees these protein buffs. Smash a couple eggs over ya face while ya on.

Okay bad example with the yoghurt. :p

Just trying to understand how digestion works. Weird random thoughts.

Soldato
What a week. So busy at work, I think I had 7at least 6 hours of meeting calls yesterday. Meanwhile I developed a puffy eye and the online GP sent me to urgent care today :eek:

Got about 3 commitments tomorrow too. Looking forward to Sunday.

Soldato
Sat watching the birds fighting this storm, not one for staying in but not sure I want to walk in this either,was sat watching a family of seals yesterday (pod, maybe? ) playing in the surf.
Ah the rains hitting now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom