Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
It looks like Liverpool will be shifting a few players over the weekend. Klopp confirmed that Shaqiri was left out of the squad last night due to a possible transfer, although no clubs have been named. Not confirmed by Klopp but its the same story with Brewster who looks like he'll end up at Sheffield Utd.

A few Liverpool journos have reported that Burnley offered £12m + 4m addons for Harry Wilson but we're holding out for £20m. One way or another I suspect he'll be off though and the same with Grujic.

If we manage to shift even 3 of those 4 players for anything like the reported fees then we'd have ended up making a profit during the window which would be incredible business again from us.

Edit: and as I hit post the news breaks that Brewster is close to a £23.5m move to Sheffield Utd, with a buy back clause.

I can see Brewster having a good PL career but I can't see us activating that buyback clause. He's very much a 2000s striker similar to a Defoe or Fowler which doesn't really fit in with how many top sides play anymore.

Caporegime
Liverpool have got a great deal out of the Brewster sale. Over £23.5 million with a BBC is great. Getting that money with a guarantee you can get him back if he becomes top level is a very sound bit of business.

Soldato
I think Tottenham have made some fantastic signings this window, they're still hopeful of getting skriniar as well.
Will be interesting to see if they are good long term or just another one of Jose's hopeless shopping sprees that create deadwood and resentment

Soldato
Yep so well run now. Miles ahead of anyone else in the transfer market, while United scramble around to throw 60/70/80/90m at whoever will take it.
they can throw £60m at us and give us Smalling. We'd be happy with that donation. We'd give them thin air and 5 special beans in return. It would be as good as some of their recent purchases ;)

Caporegime
Looks like Saliba may be going back to France on loan. There’s human reasons behind it though. He lost his mum in May and is struggling over here on his own without his family. Is probably for the best to let him go back to France for a year to allow him to move on properly with his families support.

Caporegime
Gotta love the comments section from Ole's presser for the weekends game.

"Ole sounds like a gaslighted girl from an abusive relationship defending the scumbag boyfriend from his domestic violent behavior. Poor Ole, he just really really love this club!"

When you step back and look at it our transfers have been pretty much the same since Fergie left. From Fellani's last minute rush in 2013 to what junk we will most likely get through the door in the 11th hour this window. It is a crying shame because I thought the past two windows were showing a new direction.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham have all had good windows it really is embarrassing to watch what is essentially the biggest club in English football.

Associate
But you are getting deals done that are on the same level as Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs even City. The deals you struggle to get done are the ones where the club just doesn't want to sell so can ask crazy figures. Your 20-40m deals are still getting done easily enough. It's hard because the players aren't stating their intentions either. Constantly buying record players isn't working for you, that would bother me more. How many more years are you going to keep stumbling along spaffing huge figures for 4th place finish. You have turned into a more expensive Arsenal under Wenger.

Caporegime
Rumours saying we aren't even getting Telles. The board has well and truly hung Ole out to dry. My expectations were low this summer but somehow we've managed to fall even short of that. Ole will probably be gone by Christmas and then the cycle can start again, we're not progressing with these leeches in charge.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Rumours saying we aren't even getting Telles. Th board has well and truly hung out to dry. My expectations were low this summer but somehow we've managed to fall even short of that. Ole will probably be gone by Christmas and then the cycle can start again, we're not progressing with these leeches in charge.

I mean Ole isn't the man to take us back to the top regardless. The high ups have their perfect manager. Players like him, he won't say anything bad about the club or rock the boat and he will do OK with the players given to him. A top level manager wouldn't put up with the clubs antics and they have found that out with the procession of managers before Ole.

Get top 4 and they are happy. The way the club is structured and run tells you exactly where their priorities lie. Money and merchandise.

Man of Honour
Totally agree Fez. Short of a whirlwind of good transfer activity we’re in a mess.

It’s a shame as we have a decent starting 11 now, just needed a couple of additions. But we got top 4 so the club won’t spend. Pathetic.

I can maybe see a last minute loan deal for Ousmane Dembele going through, huge talent but massively injury prone and inconsistent.

Soldato
The likelihood of us getting top four this season... I just can’t see it happening. Then we’ll be back spending massive amounts on average players again to try and get them in. Vicious circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom