Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Hang on, I'm confusing meself now. So if I get 12 months Xbox Live Gold from CDKeys at 37.99 and add £1 ultimate offer, I get 13 month of GPU. Oh, that is cheaper than the EA Play method then. 2 years = £78.

Soldato
Hang on, I'm confusing meself now. So if I get 12 months Xbox Live Gold from CDKeys at 37.99 and add £1 ultimate offer, I get 13 month of GPU. Oh, that is cheaper than the EA Play method then. 2 years = £78.

Yep, if you don't have an active gamepass sub then you can preload up to 36 months of gold and then convert to GPU on 1:1 basis for £1 (or £10.99 if you've used the £1 offer before).

See the gamepass £1 deal thread.

Associate
So, I ve got a series x on confirmed pre order. Quite fancy getting in on this GPU. Would someone be so kind as to list the steps to maximise the savings? There is a lot of info in this thread and Im struggling to follow the steps to take.

Ta

Associate
You can't get 12 month ones any more can you? I'm not going to even risk account ban with the Brazil + VPN lark. :p

12 months EA Play = 4 months GPU.

Thanks.

I think im kind stuck at the moment, my GPU runs out Oct 2021 but not sure of any "best" method to increase it. The EA way seems cheapest for me as a current GPU subscriber.

Does the EA > GPU conversion work just now? Or is it only when EA Play hits GP?

Caporegime
OP
Thanks.

I think im kind stuck at the moment, my GPU runs out Oct 2021 but not sure of any "best" method to increase it. The EA way seems cheapest for me as a current GPU subscriber.

Does the EA > GPU conversion work just now? Or is it only when EA Play hits GP?

10th November. One year of EA Play @ £19.99 gives you 4 months of GPU. Adding one year of XBL Gold for the same 4 months costs twice as much, so it seems this is the best way for people who are already subscribers.

Associate
You can buy one year EA passes at Shopto for £16.85. That will equate to 4 months GPU.

3 years stacked should give you 1 year of GPU.

Soldato
Just curious would I be able to play Cyberpunk on this or PS5.

I've just seen add and it says plays great on Series X and PS5, well I'm getting Series S and PS5 but I'm assuming I'd have to buy the current consols version?

Or could I go to the digital store on either and just buy the current version but on the new consols?

Caporegime
Just curious would I be able to play Cyberpunk on this or PS5.

I've just seen add and it says plays great on Series X and PS5, well I'm getting Series S and PS5 but I'm assuming I'd have to buy the current consols version?

Or could I go to the digital store on either and just buy the current version but on the new consols?

i dont think there will be a ps5 and series x version to buy - just a next gen update at some point down the road. I guess it is possible they then release a boxed/retail copy of the next gen version when that comes out.

So yes, if you want to play it on release, you will have to buy the ps4 or xbox one version.

Soldato
Having watched the Digital Foundry video comparing backwards compatible games on the X-Box Series X compared the older X-Box One X. Can we all agree that the upgrade models of the previous gen model were pretty pathetic? I don't think a single game they compared showed the X-Box One X ever hold onto 60fps solid.

Soldato
Cheaper to convert 12 month gold codes, even if you don't go down the Brazil route.

This is quite useful for those of us who have subs already though. Mine runs out in Feb 2022. I can potentially add another year for £50 with this conversion. And there was me thinking about getting an SX on All Access...

Back
Top Bottom