Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
Stop making me jealous you, I need to get this gpu under water quick lol
Which means by now, you have had at least 5.25 hours, if not more, to get the block fitted and oblige us with the necessary photos. Chop chop Sir, time's a wastin'! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll be getting the Nikon out later to snap some pics, phone pics won't do this justice!

Errrrm i've been at work gents. won't be back till 8 at least, give us some time haha. Probs won't see pics while midnight :p

Soldato
It's done! Dual loop RTX 3090! :D:D:D

Zf6xY3G.jpg

N6gJddn.jpg

3wZnGq5.jpg

n8cKOLZ.jpg

Just need to sort out the insane colours, was going for a cyberpunk 2077 colour scheme but its not working like i want it to :o

Associate
@Jay85 Well done mate. Looks so good! You must be chuffed. It was a long time coming, but you got there.
Cyberpunk theme doesn't look too far off. You've got the neon colours dialled in. With a flash of yellow too.

Soldato
@Jay85 that is a thing of beauty! What sort of temps are you seeing now?

Do you think you will stick with the 3090 now and not bother with the 3080?
Thanks! Temps are weird, i had a quick play last night before hitting the sack and idle temps are great around 25-28c but load temps on project cars 3 i boosted way past what i had before nearly hitting 2.1ghz locked! Temps are going upto 60c though on a low fan speed profile so i might need to tweak that OR the thermal paste i applied was not adequate/poor contact. I'm pushing more towards fan speed though as i feel barely any hot air being shifted through the fans. The whole loop including the back of the card feels incredibly hot, almost burning to the touch.

Still undecided tbh, i might keep it for awhile and when i can get a decent reference 3080 i might swap the cards around, we'll see.

Edit: had a chat with alphacool rep and i should be seeing around 20-30c above room temperature roughly. Gonna up the fan speed and actually shift some air before taking it apart to inspect the TIM.

@Jay85 Well done mate. Looks so good! You must be chuffed. It was a long time coming, but you got there.
Cyberpunk theme doesn't look too far off. You've got the neon colours dialled in. With a flash of yellow too.
Proper chuffed! Finished at 2:30am lol, was dead tired but well worth the effort in the end. Was going to do 2 coloured coolants but the dye i ordered hasn't arrived yet, might take it apart again to do 2 colours.

Jay that’s awesome. You should be proud of that. Great job
Thank you mate, so satisfying to see it in all its glory :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Congrats jay that’s awesome. I have been avoiding the forum for a while, but managed to get an order in for an 3080 fe tonight. I think I’m going to wait for the ek block though it looks nice.

Soldato
Very nice build + that block has a sort of 'tech' look to it that is really growing on me.
Yeah it's hard to describe but theres something about it that really draws you to it. I love the Orings personally, gives it character seeing coolant run over different components is interesting. Finally have some cool temps and higher boost clocks as well.

Wow dude that's really nice, enjoy. :)
Thanks man, it's so nice to have a fully watercooled system again.

Congrats jay that’s awesome. I have been avoiding the forum for a while, but managed to get an order in for an 3080 fe tonight. I think I’m going to wait for the ek block though it looks nice.
Congratz man! It's still my first choice tbh if i can get my hands on one i will sell this in a heart beat and like you wait for the EK block with the side inlet and outlets.

Soldato
Had a play with the fan curve tonight, turns out i had it set on silent mode so was only pushing 500rpm :eek: no wonder the temps were so high!

after some adjustments i am now able to keep temps around 50c and boost clock goes to 2115mhz!

Back
Top Bottom