** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
So manufacturer showing LC49G93TSSUXEN as in stock again this morning. Is the general consensus to avoid these as they are repackaged June units? I’m waiting to order until someone here tells me they are seeing October units shipping...
Well I’m desperate for one but I won’t order from Samsung again. Ask yourself why a unit has been hanging around for 3 months? Must be returns. And I’m certain masking tape isn’t normally found inside holding the accessory bags together. Best wait for a proper retailer as I believe they’ve been getting august builds at least.

Associate
Well I’m desperate for one but I won’t order from Samsung again. Ask yourself why a unit has been hanging around for 3 months? Must be returns. And I’m certain masking tape isn’t normally found inside holding the accessory bags together. Best wait for a proper retailer as I believe they’ve been getting august builds at least.

there’s no more discount on it anyway so it will be in stock all the time soon. Discount was a big reason it shot out of stock

Associate
Discount? What price is it gonna be then? Currently just under £1300 I can see everywhere. That works out at the same in £ as it costs in dollars at the current exchange rate. Roughly.

Last edited:
Associate
From speaking to product marketing teams earlier in the year, it's, exactly the same, just they wanted a DTC exclusive SKU (don't know why). Firmware etc should be the same.

Samsung's store was listing the 95 but out of stock, a couple of weeks ago they told me it was being held for QA checks.

I chatted to them today and they admit there were known issues with the 95 which are now sorted. But they say that there are no issues with the 93. So the QA process might have been for something other than these bezel/bleeding issues, they couldn't say what.

Or maybe they flagged these issues against the 95 but didn't connect the dots to the 93?

They told me the 3/5 are batch numbers.

So yeah, points to returns from Amazon... Would be good to know. £1300 is a lot of cash and I don't have the time for playing reboxing and DPD.

Associate
Amazing how they just keep trying to sell the returns and sell them as "new" no less! Really sceptical about any stock i see listed on there now.

Samsung - the market is telling you your product is not up to standard and customers are exercising their rights (which are in place for very good reason, to protect us from behaviour like this).

They obviously don't care do they. Doesn't matter if the monitor is returned once, twice, three times, just keep listing it for sale until it doesn't come back!

How about try making better quality monitors?

Associate
Why are people not ordering from OC? They have new stock in the 12th.

It's important there is a no quibble returns policy. Not stress and having to argue why a £1,300 monitor should not come with manufacturing defects. (Not saying anything about OC or any shop specifically, but its worth considering in light of this screens issues, that's all i am saying)

Associate
I ordered from ****** as they claimed to have stock at the time - clearly didn't.

Happy to wait until they appear in stock and preferably once June stock has been cleared.

Associate
Might sound silly, but is it possible to run this monitor in a 1440p res at 240hz? Ultrawide is great, but it's a bit much for some games (notably afps).

Associate
Hi All,

I ordered a G9 93 (LC49G93TSSUXEN) not 95 direct from Samsung. The monitor arrived today and I ordered it yesterday. I was worried that the 93 would be old or refurbished stock but took a chance. Anyway I have setup the monitor and have been using it for a few hours now. I have not noticed any light bleeding or flickering or any noise. Gsync seems to work fine too. The manufacture date is July 2020 from the serial number and the version is FA01 so not the new FB01 version that is apparently in the wild. The monitor is amazing overall. I do find the HDR not to be great. It's dull compared to windows when not in HDR mode. Also the normal wide screen resolution of 3440x1440 doesn't seem to be natively supported by the monitor drivers. However via the nvidia control panel I created it as a custom resolution and now it's a resolution that I can select in games and in windows and it works fine. I haven't been able to test 240hz because I have a 1080ti which only supports 120hz in the max res of 5120x1440. Hopefully my 3080 on pre-order from Overclockers will arrive some time soon. I think I might have been lucky by getting a good monitor from Samsung direct but even if you don't you can just return it. You can also see the serial number on the box so you could check it and if it's pre July don't open the box even and return it or don't accept delivery. You must look for N7 or N8 near the end of the serial number. N = 2020 and 7 =July and 8 =August.

Associate
Hi All,

I ordered a G9 93 (LC49G93TSSUXEN) not 95 direct from Samsung. The monitor arrived today and I ordered it yesterday. I was worried that the 93 would be old or refurbished stock but took a chance. Anyway I have setup the monitor and have been using it for a few hours You must look for N7 or N8 near the end of the serial number. N = 2020 and 7 =July and 8 =August.

ahh cheers for that. It’s crazy but this is one of those times the longer I wait it actually gets better

Associate
Does it have something to do with VA panel technology? Because I've been using a Freesync 2 monitor for over a year now (LG 34" IPS) with a 1080Ti and have had zero flickering, and its not something I've commonly seen reported with other (IPS) screens.
I dont think its a VA issue, as I had it on my old Acer XG270HU, and my friends still does have it on the same model monitor and that's a TN panel. The flickering on that was actually quite bad but I barely have any on my G7 now. interestingly the only flicker on mine seems to be linked to it switching into the double refresh rate range which is 70hz on mine atm, so if the game doesn't stutter and drop fps then it doesn't flicker at all on my system. Worth checking if its similar on yours. (With Gsync active, go into the monitors OSD > Support > Information... And you should see the Hz changing as the FPS does. Around 70 and mine goes into double refresh.

Back
Top Bottom