• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
OK so I reset the profile as it must have got fubar. I also copied the CB files correctly so this would bench.

I knew I had a poor lottery chip when I first tried clocking it with Ryzen Master, at least his methods confirm it! :)

Anyway the undervolt must work well as the temps are much nicer under benchmarking. I recall touching the late 60s with my attempts, and this software it never peaked over 55c which is great.

Soldato
Has anyone got a stable oc on their 3600?

Just ran CTR on my 'bronze' 3600. CCX0 had a 4150mhz on all cores and CCX1 had a 4175mhz on all cores but running at 1.25v instead of 1.38v so I had only an extra 200 points in Cinebench but at 10 degree's less. Quite happy with that considering it costs nothing except some setup time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ran CTR on my 'bronze' 3600. CCX0 had a 4150mhz on all cores and CCX1 had a 4175mhz on all cores but running at 1.25v instead of 1.38v so I had only an extra 200 points in Cinebench but at 10 degree's less. Quite happy with that considering it costs nothing except some setup time.

What's your CB20 score?

My 3600 is low as well in terms of Mhz. I am using stock cooler which isn't helping. Going to try the updated version.

I'm regretting my choice a little instead of getting the X lol. I know in the next round I'll be getting something a little better assuming prices are not astronomical.

EDIT: finally put CB20 in the folder... it keeps not completing CB20, as it overheats (80C) lol.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm going to try and get mine setup this weekend. My 3600 won't even boost to 4.2 :rolleyes:

Soldato
I havent read anything on the guide about putting CB20 in a folder, dont you just need to install it?

Does anyone know if the 6000+ reference clock issue is resolved in the new version?

Associate
I havent read anything on the guide about putting CB20 in a folder, dont you just need to install it?

Does anyone know if the 6000+ reference clock issue is resolved in the new version?

It's not - on downloading beta 2 that was the first time I saw it.

For the moment I'm actually using clocktuner as a simple means of manually editing each core - that seems to be working very well as I up it in 25mhz chunks.

Soldato
It's not - on downloading beta 2 that was the first time I saw it.

For the moment I'm actually using clocktuner as a simple means of manually editing each core - that seems to be working very well as I up it in 25mhz chunks.

Ah that's a shame, need to find some time to tinker manually

It was in the guide from the outset, you have to extract it to the cb20 folder within the ctr files.

Not sure how I missed that I read it twice!

I have it installed so there must be a click to run version that you extract the folder then, I'll have a look later

Soldato
What's your CB20 score?

My 3600 is low as well in terms of Mhz. I am using stock cooler which isn't helping. Going to try the updated version.

I'm regretting my choice a little instead of getting the X lol. I know in the next round I'll be getting something a little better assuming prices are not astronomical.

EDIT: finally put CB20 in the folder... it keeps not completing CB20, as it overheats (80C) lol.

I was using the stock cooler initially and the test would hardly even start :D the cpu would hit 80 immediately and complain. Prime95 got to 95degrees before i stopped it!

swapped that for 212 Black and now Prime95 doesn’t get higher than 65 :)

Associate
Thank you, I still haven't used the DRAM calculator yet. Hhhhmm which to start with.....

CTR I can't get to complete for me but people are getting good results it seems.
The docs for it say that stable memory is a must, so maybe run CTR first at stock mem to get the CPU dialled in first?

Saying that though I did DRAM calc first - as CTR wasn't out - at the time and it gave me a decent uplift in mem performance.

Also, for anyone that has got this working on a Aorus mobo can you think of any BIOS setting etc you may have done that helped?
I've tried so many different things and just can't get it to fully complete the second stage. :(

ta.

Back
Top Bottom