Google Pixel 5

Soldato
The 4a 5G is wireless charging away from being "good enough" for me. But without it? I'm not sure. But I don't feel like the 5 offers enough extra to justify the £100 bump. Though one.

Also, I'll miss the lack of telephoto lens on both I think. Will have to wait for reviews to see how photos look when relying on digital zoom.

Also, the Bose headphones are an odd giveaway. Guess I'm feeling a little salty because I already own a pair from the P20 Pro giveaway. And they aren't worth much compared to a year or two ago. £110 cash at CEX isn't a price.

Soldato
Extremely disappointing for the price, £600 for a mid-ranger, and missing the secure face unlock.

Do people realise the phones you can get for 600 notes right now?

You say that but face unlock from Google has not worked. ... For 1 half the apps that banks use don't work with it and Google have not done much with it..... Prime example it does not work with face masks which bugs and effects me daily

Soldato
That was just an overly long TV advert.

Agreed. Terrible presentation. YouTube Music ad and then 5G ad... and then phone specs on screen for less than 3 seconds!

I mean, Google have never been known for exciting launch events, not sure what people expected :p

I would just have liked to know a little about the actual hardware, rather than software that has been about for a long time.

Extremely disappointing for the price, £600 for a mid-ranger, and missing the secure face unlock.

Do people realise the phones you can get for 600 notes right now?

Yeah, I was wondering this too. I have ordered a Pixel 5, but it doesn't really have anything unique aside the software... that I will also get on my Pixel 4. A decent battery upgrade and UWA lens I guess. Also, I think it's slightly smaller and lighter than the Pixel 4, which I like the idea of. As you say though, can you get just as good hardware for under £400 right now? Very possibly.

Associate
Well I grabbed a phone and case, then stopped right before pay now. I think the only benefit it has over my 7Tpro is the camera - and couldn't I just install the camera apk to get all the new hdr camera bracketing features? The only feature that has totally changed the way I use a phone is fast charge and going from 30w to 18w would be a huge downgrade. I'll be keeping a close eye on the 8T event mid October, that 65w charger is too good to ignore.

Soldato
Something I can't see when looking at the spec sheet of the 4a(5G) and the 5 is 'Active Edge'

Has this been removed? It's one of the most used features in my 3XL, the squeeze for assistant

Back
Top Bottom