Speakers recommendation

Associate
Hi all,

I have the Creative Gigaworks T40 Series 2 and after almost 7 years they are showing signs of giving up. sometimes not playing sound at all even not the static noise when not plugged in a source.

I am sad to see these go to the speaker heaven as I loved these but time for a replacement.
What is similar in size and sound quality speakers are there available oh also not going to break the bank :)

Soldato
Nothing else really has the same small size footprint size that can offer similar sound. Probably plenty of small cheap speakers, but they won't be as good. T40's are fairly unique in having a small footprint and being tall. There are other good and better speakers, but they will certainly be larger.

Associate
OP
Only stopped working once this week and then were fine again. I wonder if the amp chip is going. I could get another T40 I'll look on a well known auction site.

Soldato
Only stopped working once this week and then were fine again. I wonder if the amp chip is going. I could get another T40 I'll look on a well known auction site.
Are you using the stock provided 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable?

I was having sound issue with my T40 II and it would lose sound randomly, turned out the (low quality) stock cable was going faulty and replaced it fixed the issue.

Associate
OP
The original got lost in a house move and bought a new cable from asda an while back been fine for almost a year so I cant see it being the cable if I am honest.

Soldato
The original got lost in a house move and bought a new cable from asda an while back been fine for almost a year so I cant see it being the cable if I am honest.
I think audio cable sold at supermarket in general are one of those "50p quality cheap looking cable" rather than a good quality ones that you can get from the rainforest for may be between £5-£10.

Do you think you can pinch a 3.5mm cable somewhere to test just to rule out the possibility of faulty cable? Also testing the front AUX input as well just so you can test to see if there might just be a fault with the rear 3.5mm input jack.

Pet Northerner
Don
My poor t20's have gone to speaker heaven (well the left one has - lots of static then pop) so I've gone for some eidifer 1280Ts that have cost under £75 shipped. So only £5 more than what the rainforest want for replacement T20s (and £15 more than I paid for them 5 years ago)

Soldato
My poor t20's have gone to speaker heaven (well the left one has - lots of static then pop) so I've gone for some eidifer 1280Ts that have cost under £75 shipped. So only £5 more than what the rainforest want for replacement T20s (and £15 more than I paid for them 5 years ago)

How do you find them compared with the T20? what i really love about the t20 is they are pretty compact whilst still being pretty damn good, to my ears anyway. Theres something nice about more 'proper' looking speakers but I think the t20 really has it nailed in terms of smaller footprint and decent sound quality.

Pet Northerner
Don
How do you find them compared with the T20? what i really love about the t20 is they are pretty compact whilst still being pretty damn good, to my ears anyway. Theres something nice about more 'proper' looking speakers but I think the t20 really has it nailed in terms of smaller footprint and decent sound quality.
I haven't got them yet but i'll let you know what they are like!

Here is a youtube channel that compares speakers, I found them very useful as it allows me to hear and judge what i think sounds better :)

But yeah, I've loved my T20s but now they are £70 , I wanted to try something else a little closer to £100

Back
Top Bottom