Upgrade for an old H100i

Soldato
I bought a H100i 7 years or so ago and it's cooled an i7 860, 4770K and now my 3700X. I've replaced the loud Corsair fans with Noctua fans.

I'm looking to upgrade for ideally improved cooling and reduced noise but will settle for just reduced noise if that is more realistic!

Can anyone recommend a 240 or perhaps 360 AIO for my 3700X? I might upgrade to a 5900X if they're significantly better than my current CPU and priced sensibly.

Don't need or want flashy RGB fans and happy to replace the fans it comes with with either my Noctua or something else that is recommended.

Soldato
OP
Wow that's pretty cheap compared to the other options at OCUK! That's looking to be first choice but I will wait for Be Quiet to release whatever they're going to release (I've had lots of practice at waiting recently)

I'm terms of fan headers, I've got CPU and CPU Optional. Should I split CPU Optional into two using a Noctua adapter thingy or should I plug the third fan into a System Fan or Auxiliary fan header? I've got a ASUS X470 Prime Pro.

Associate
I bought a H100i 7 years or so ago and it's cooled an i7 860, 4770K and now my 3700X. I've replaced the loud Corsair fans with Noctua fans.

I'm looking to upgrade for ideally improved cooling and reduced noise but will settle for just reduced noise if that is more realistic!

Can anyone recommend a 240 or perhaps 360 AIO for my 3700X? I might upgrade to a 5900X if they're significantly better than my current CPU and priced sensibly.

Don't need or want flashy RGB fans and happy to replace the fans it comes with with either my Noctua or something else that is recommended.

I got rid of my H100i as well. Great AIO which lasted me ages. Honestly, I bought the Nzxt x52 which cools my i9 9900k. It’s sleek, easy to set up, and so far no problems. Good price too.

Associate

360mm arctic freezer II - no need to replace the fans

Soldato
OP
Well I got the Eisbaer 360 LT but it doesn't have a copper base... I think. The OCUK picture and the reviews shows a very coppery coloured base but mine is very aluminium looking... Wonder if it will make a difference?

YL6kuRwh.jpg

Edit - the OCUk description says solid copper pump, too. If it will make a big difference I might return it :( it's definitely the right model that's been sent! Even the manual's instructions show a copper base to the pump

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It shouldn't make much difference ek explains the difference.

Quote.
The difference thermal conductivity ofcopper and aluminum would be more significant if we were to transfer heat through a one meter long slab ofmetal. ... So while copper has twice the thermal conductivity than aluminumdoes, using aluminum water block so will not bisect the cooling performance

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/

Back
Top Bottom