What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Oh well... See this is why we shouldn't ask questions. We could have been oblivious to the fact it has Alfas famously unreliable fun sucker gearbox, and could have pretended its a 2.5 Busso manual! :p

LOL! :p

You're not wrong I had to replace the clutch last year and that was no picnic. But it's the only major work this car has needed in 20 years, so I can't complain too much.

Soldato
I must admit, when ever I see the word selespeed, I think of dark arcane arts, black magicks (with a k), hidden cults and human/animal sacrifices, those and someone driving along a dual carriage with the gearbox going up and down at random.

Associate
Second tire arrived today. This build is slowwwwly getting there. Engine still not back. Laundry list of things to get sorted once thats back and I don't have a clue where to begin. Typical :(

Tires.png

Associate
The breather hose finally turned up from Honda after a month for the FN2.

From this:
fzoT0Z.jpg

To this:
h8NJs0.jpg

Much better!

Also did the PCV valve as it's a bit noisy.

New valve (new washer):
tdgyPc.jpg

New hose:
cegCMp.jpg

It was a bit painful to get a torque wrench in there but all done. Quick inspection on the old one and it appears to work fine, but with the new valve, the noise is gone so there must be a small leak somewhere. According to the owners forum, I am suppose to get lower oil consumption and better fuel efficiency. I am not convinced though as both my oil and fuel consumption appears normal but for the sake of £45, might as well get it done before it goes.

My front right caliper also gone sticky last week, produced an enormous amount of brake dust and worn the pads down quite a bit. Had it all off and was caused by a perished piston seal. Manged to push it in and out a few times and it's nice and free for now. They seals need to be replaced very soon because they will seize up again in no time, but just way too many options to choose from.

Associate
Well, it is a genuine Honda part... £45 is for the PCV valve kit which has the hose, washer and valve.

My whole order was the pcv valve kit, bottle of coolant and that breather hose that was cut short. It was close to £80 and took more than a month to turn up!

For the calipers, I spent close to £80 for a pair of geniune service kit. That just pistons, slider boots, piston seals, some new nipples and sealing washers for the banjo bolts.

Suppose that's just honda parts prices.

Caporegime
Steering wheel is a bit rice-tastic for my liking, but it probably feels nice to use. :p

Better than the standard fare ones which come pre-installed with some kind of flakey skin disease anyway :D

Nice knob.

Soldato
Steering wheel is a bit rice-tastic for my liking, but it probably feels nice to use. :p

Better than the standard fare ones which come pre-installed with some kind of flakey skin disease anyway :D

Nice knob.

Yeah, perhaps not to everyone's liking. I don't mind alcantara though. I like a flat bottom steering wheel though. Unsure about the extra "support" bits at 3 and 9 o'clock, but yes, an improvement non the less.

The original one was flakier than an Austin Powers villain...

Caporegime
Changed the kidney grills and mirror caps on the 440i. And in a shocking turn of events, I've not done the "usual" BMW modifications of black everything and M-Sport colours on the grill!

I give you Chrome edged M4 Kidneys (double-slat), and matt chrome wing mirrors (I also bought ferric grey ones, ala M135/M140i, but they just didn't look right with the rest of the chrome detailing and polished lip on the wheels).

440i-new-mirrors.png

Back
Top Bottom