New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
I ordered mine a few days ago and got an e mail to day it’s going to be here tomorrow! Was not expecting that as the eta was the 15th.

looking forward to this as the first monitor I have bought in years

Associate
i checked the osd when i got mine last tuesday freesync premium was already selected and most other things as well . Idownloaded the firmware and dell display manager. then calibrated the monitor using my datacolor spider x elite and using the icc profile. the only issue i have so far was the display port problem when i had to restart windows and it could not get a signal supposedly but it went into windows ok . i unplugged the dp cable and pc after turning both off waited about a minute when reattached cables and turned on pc and monitor problem gone. seems on dell site that this is a common problem on dell monitors.

Soldato
Mine has just arrived!

Need to wait till I can take a look at it as I still work full time from home

Not overly happy that the box has a huge split on the side where the screen is facing. Could not see any damage on the screen but not powered on or tested yet

Associate
So mine had pretty bad glow on the left half of the screen, not just ips glow but a haze that covered like 50% of the left half of the panel. Wasn’t noticeable during the day while I’m working on it but I felt something was off. decided to try out a few games in the evening when no sun was shining through my window and noticed it. Rang up dell and the product service number was registered under someone else’s name! I suspect they sent me someone else’s return. They agreed to send me a brand new panel, hopefully it’s better than the last. Unacceptable that this could happen but to be fair their customer service was very friendly and apologetic.

how can I check what I receive is in fact brand new? The security seal was just a tape on the last one, does dell put their own logo on the seal? Anyway I can verify the next one hasn’t been used before?

Permabanned
Hmm, someone mention they had black screens?

I added a third monitor so now 2 are connected via DP and 1 connected by DVI. Now and again the centre screen(the dell) goes black for a second then comes back. :confused:

Soldato
So mine had pretty bad glow on the left half of the screen, not just ips glow but a haze that covered like 50% of the left half of the panel. Wasn’t noticeable during the day while I’m working on it but I felt something was off. decided to try out a few games in the evening when no sun was shining through my window and noticed it. Rang up dell and the product service number was registered under someone else’s name! I suspect they sent me someone else’s return. They agreed to send me a brand new panel, hopefully it’s better than the last. Unacceptable that this could happen but to be fair their customer service was very friendly and apologetic.

how can I check what I receive is in fact brand new? The security seal was just a tape on the last one, does dell put their own logo on the seal? Anyway I can verify the next one hasn’t been used before?
as far as im aware its just tape, my monitor that turned up today was the same.

Just had a large, single line of tape over the tab to stop it from being opened.

Associate
as far as im aware its just tape, my monitor that turned up today was the same.

Just had a large, single line of tape over the tab to stop it from being opened.

thanks, I watched some unboxing videos and it seems that’s normal. I just wish there was an option in the OSD to show ‘total power on time’ like on the LG. I was re-assured it will be a brand new monitor so hopefully no more problems with them. Seems like everyone else is loving theirs.

Soldato
thanks, I watched some unboxing videos and it seems that’s normal. I just wish there was an option in the OSD to show ‘total power on time’ like on the LG. I was re-assured it will be a brand new monitor so hopefully no more problems with them. Seems like everyone else is loving theirs.
I hope they get it sorted for you.

I have just logged a ticket against my monitor due to the damage to the box.

Unable to test for 9 days so just logged and said I will test on the 10th

Associate

Mine had some graphics on the tape/security seal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom