• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Business accounts don't really get any interest rates to be worthwhile.
Indeed. I just looked up HSBC, for example, and their rate is a whopping 0.01% even on a 30-day access account.

Natwest are offering 0.1% if you 'lock it away' for 35 days. That's still such a trifling amount, in the scheme of things, that I honestly can't believe any business would see it as a good reason.

Personally, I'd rather pay for something and wait than spend hours chasing round every site in the hope that I get lucky and hit the right site at the right time. I appreciate that's not going to be the case for everybody but then that's why you don't have to order with OC if you don't want to.

Associate
What it tells me is that their staff are probably swamped by people constantly phoning/mailing to ask what place in the queue they are or what is the latest update on the card they have preordered.

I preordered an EVGA card, called and asked the same question. They said they never had any idea of stock but sold it anyway. Really poor.

Associate
Finally someone gets the whole point of why the pre orders are continuing...the more orders and the longer the wait = big big interest. Thanks for cruching the numbers.

It's a shame they don't do the same as other businesses do where you are not charged till your order is dispatched.

Also 900 quid wouldn't get me too much interest right now, if they have my money till 2021 I still could have made maybe a tenner from interest. Isn't much but still everything helps haha

Associate
Cancel your purchase if you aren't happy. They do provide updates when they have them. People are demanding something that isn't possible and doesn't exist. The problem is with them and their lack of patience.
Thats the thing though, they do not provide updates when they have them.

We have had MSI Ventus and Palit cards be dispatched the last 2-3 days with no update saying they had even received any.

CCC

CCC

Associate
Thats the thing though, they do not provide updates when they have them.

We have had MSI Ventus and Palit cards be dispatched the last 2-3 days with no update saying they had even received any.

What would be the value of that information to you? Of course stock is trickling in and being dispatched to those at the front of the queue. That's how it works, I know that, surely everyone knows that. I am not an auditor, I don't need that level of granularity of their business and in reality, nobody does. It's just a GPU

Associate
So just been on the phone to the guys over at OCUK, they said they are slowly going to send out emails for users queue base, but they are going from card to card doing it that way.

But said we should get it this week.

Sadly was informed there has been at least 1000 orders on the strix OC. So it might look like 2021 for some users on this card haha.

Mixed communication yet again, others were told they started emailing last night and the rest would be today.
Seems to me nobody knows what the hell is going on there.

Associate
What would be the value of that information to you? Of course stock is trickling in and being dispatched to those at the front of the queue. That's how it works, I know that, surely everyone knows that. I am not an auditor, I don't need that level of granularity of their business and in reality, nobody does. It's just a GPU

You stated they give updates on the stock when they get them, obviously they do not.

Associate
Constant communication with no updates is so pointless. The real problem is people's lack of patience for something that is a luxury item.

That's your opinion, I'd prefer to be kept up to date even if it's 'no news today, we hope to have more info the day after tomorrow I'll update again then'

Associate

'That level of granularity?!?

We're not asking for individual serial numbers...we're asking for a queue position and ANTICIPATED stock movement...you know, like other more transparent competitors are providing.

Stuff happens....shipments delayed etc. But much better than near complete silence.

Opinions rule (apparently). Just because you yourself don't value that information, it seems quite a few people (me included) disagree.

Once again....we're not asking for this weekends lottery numbers. Just some very basic level of customer service might be a start.

Associate
To all the people telling us to stop asking for updates: No.

If this were ebay and someone had taken £700+ for a product then went completely silent for two weeks, all of you would be furious, including those telling us to shut up. Just because it's a big(ish) company and there are environmental factors at play here does not mean OC can't keep us updated. In fact, OC should be putting in greater effort to keep us informed precisely because of those environmental factors.

It's a cynical cash-grab.

Thank you for your input, but I will pull my neck back in when OC start showing me the respect I'm owed.

Permabanned
I think I will cancel, get a ps5 and maybe next year will update my computer..
I don't understand why they get the money if they had no dates or no product
Its just wrong.
We could cue and when they are ready then we can buy the product.
I'm also making a bad opinion about ocuk.
I had good experiences in the past but I don't think I will buy again after this.
I know it wasn't expected the sales neither the issues the card had, but the lack of organisation and comunication annoys me.
Specially for those emails and phone all but not having answerd in the general threat all 5hese questions we are all concerned
I assume ya got ps5 preorder if not buhahahahahe ebay is only place ull get one cause stores started csncelling preorders in people this week as rhey csnt deliver to people that preordered in 2021 as there is not enough being made tp cover demand same with xbox

Associate
Who do you report this too? My friend and I have been waiting since Saturday for email correspondence about the orders we placed. Same situation, they took the money, it's sitting on my account as "Order Received - not yet shipped", but had nothing else to confirm an order number or receipt of the payment. Only difference is I'm in the UK, but they advise not to call or webnote about card orders on the support page, so I've been watching here as they recommended.
My order is the exact same as you , I'm in the UK and order was placed on the 27th, I filled out a web note yesterday , no email , no nothing from overclocked , except money taken.

Associate
Looking forward to seeing the official queue #.
I ordered an Asus TUF OC 3080 58753** and making do with a temp gtx 1030 as I sold my 2070 super in September.

I'm hopeful for an October delivery still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom